Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Missions Galore!

Well hello there!
(Ill be nice and give you the short of it now so you don't have to read alot, Finish missions = number of rolls to find rarity of item you MIGHT receive. and could be converted to other threads)

This is me just thinking here, but with the missions, I find that people do alot more missions, when they get a chance of prizes. so here is my idea.

We do dice rolls!

Lets say you do an easy mission. And with you completing it, You tag one of the FA's or the Mod's in the Faction for the last post. They will read it over, approve of it worthy, and then have a series of dice rolls to determine if you get a prize, and how much it is worth!

So when an Easy mission is done, you get to roll a 20 sided dice. if you get on a list of specific numbers, then you can get a specific amount of items. (Lower the Difficulty the lower the prizes.) and then we roll a second dice to see the rareness of the object. Like you could get a simple Green crystal for a lower number and the higher the number the rarer the crystal!

Just me spouting ideas but the chance of prizes can lure people to do more and more to get more. And then we become active.

This can also be transferred over to Dominions or other threads. Like depending on How many likes you get during the thread (only our people are accepted, terms will be talked later) then you can get an amount of "points" these points then allow you to have rolls to get items!

Once again, just spouting ideas right now. if you think this is not really all that great say so and we can just put it in the trash. Either way, I hope that everyone sees this and gives their info.

I am sold on this so hard. I've been part of many a mission that just stops 2 pages in which is so frustrating! If there was some kind of motivation for all players involved, we're way more likely to see missions completed. And I also like the idea of prizes being determined not only by difficulty of the mission, but by dice roll! So awesome - that prevents a character suddenly having a fleet of prize ships for doing a bunch of easy missions as a dice roll could end up in no prize at all.

The only thing I disagree with is involving "likes" as a form of judgment in Dominions, only because I feel like that could get vindictive between players if there is some kind of drama going on. I am SO happy to say all my fellow Silver Jedi are an amazing group that I feel comfortable and creative with and I don't foresee that kind of silliness for now, but I'm thinking of the future when we get larger (because we totally will because we're AMAZEBALLS!) and it could be some kind of popularity contest, etc. I think it's best to leave it to faction staff to decide. However, if there was some kind of system someone more intrepid than I had, I could of course be swayed!

Awesome suggestions Xander!

Yes, I also had some thoughts for missions where there are chances to recieve side prizes like Trophies. Lets say we happen to go to tatooine, we have to kill a Kyat Dragon, and as a side prize we decide to take the Pearls, and the hide to create a set of robes and/or lightsabers for ourselves. This has so many chances to earn things it's limitless.

and I plan on having a spot where you could get some nice stuff! Myself as well.
[member="Asaak Tey"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom