Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Request Minor Faction Backgrounds?

I really enjoyed when the Major Factions got the MF Backgrounds behind their names.

Is there any chance that Minor Factions can get that same function? I'm sure it would be a bit more work on the side of site staff, but I'd think it wouldn't be too taxing? Maybe restrict it to Minor Factions with x amount of active writers?

Could the same be done for company's and corporations?

Kaska Arden

black holes, solid ground
I like the idea in concept, but I feel it will quickly lead to bloat without some tighter requirements. I would add in that they'd need to have existed for X amount of time and can back themselves up with X amount of content.

I'd avoid it for corporate angle - if they want it, they can make a minor easily enough and fulfill the above requirements.

I think this can be divided into two issues. The first one is that those who are primarily aligned with a minor faction don't get one of those fancy name-background which makes it feel a bit more empty and boring. The second one is that the minor faction does not get promoted in the same way since they do not get free publicity in the same way that a major faction does.

In this thread, we see a few examples of general name-backgrounds. This should solve the first issue but leave the second one unanswered. As was previously pointed out, it might get a bit tricky to regulate which minor factions that can have a name-background and which ones cannot which might be problematic in itself since it would split minor factions in two tiers. I do not know how realistic it is for all minor factions to be able to use their own name-backgrounds. With this in mind, I believe that the answer to the second issue might be what has previously been suggested: namely to make use of signatures, maybe some internal coordination of which general name-background to use and perhaps even coordination in regards to one of the flairs.

But then, I am no technical expert. Maybe it is an easy change?

Pluperfect Pluperfect

I really love the idea of some non-faction backgrounds! That would definitely be nice. I think there is a way for minors to have them, it just has to be regulated as Errant Errant said.

Maybe once a month/bi-monthly minor factions can submit for a rank bar? That way they're not just coming in all the time in erratic waves. Say from the 1st - 3rd of every other month there is a qualifying period where minor factions can submit for a background while the old ones/no longer valid ones are deleted. Like you I am not a technical expert but i think a system there can be introduced that isn't too taxing.

In regards to the first paragraph: I don't think general name-backgrounds would have to be regulated moreso than flairs are regulated. Someone (Tefka?) chooses a few that seem to be popular and there we are.

As for the second paragraph: Maybe that is a good way to do it. I suppose we'll see when someone who knows their stuff drops in, hahah

Adron Malvern Adron Malvern

KRR

K
I think having character type backgrounds could be cool instead of factions. Like Jedi, Sith, Smuggler etc.

It might be hard to do all the minor factions. They come and go fast too. I've made a few and the people who wanted to jump on vanish in weeks. Maybe if the minor faction exists for x amount of time then it can get one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom