Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Milo Otis, the most Awkward Person You Might Ever Meet

NAME: Milo Otis
FACTION: Order of Trilliaris

SPECIES: Human
SEX: Male
HEIGHT: 6'1
WEIGHT: 150
EYES: Brown
HAIR: Brown
SKIN: Light
FORCE SENSITIVE: No

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES (Required: 2 Weaknesses Minimum):

Avid Memory: Milo has the ability to recollect almost anything that he happens to read or experience, allowing him to be a whiz at trivia.

Physically Inferior: Need backup? Don't look at this guy!

Assimilate!: Despite his rather quirky behaviour, Milo is able to blend in rather well within the societies of humans and near-humans, going about his business unnoticed (for the most part). Now, obviously this wouldn't work in societies that don't bear much similarities to humans. On top of that, sometimes it can be rather hard for Milo to get out of the mindset he enters into.

Linguist Extraordinaire: While at first he may be in need of a translator droid (which is where C-2O4, nicknamed "Oxalate", comes in), Milo is able to pick up on a language after a few days of exposure, though the length of time and usage is equivalent to his mastery. Nonetheless, he already has several languages in his repertoire.

Poor Eyesight: From birth, Milo has needed some sort of visual assistance to see. Otherwise, everything will be blurry.

(I promise that, as I go along, there will be more weaknesses and strengths ^_^)

APPEARANCE:
Nothing of note. His dress is usually conservative, though it varies from culture to culture.

BIOGRAPHY:
From a very young age, Milo had exhibited a noticeable curiosity for the world, often pestering his parents and teachers with questions about the world, even going so far as to question their very beliefs. As the adults balked at the idea of their perceptions and traditions being wrong, it wasn't long before Milo was sent to a local monastery set up by a group of individuals exclusively worshipping Trilliaris on his home planet of Mellaniphe. Here, his borderline heretical questions were quieted by the worshippers, who encouraged him instead to focus on the nature around him, rather than the galaxy beyond his reach.

But that was never enough for him. Eventually, Milo was taken aside by the leader of the order, who gave him a proposition: As the order's libraries were sadly lacking in regards to the plentiful amounts of life in the galaxy, the leader found this to be a mark against their deity. Thus, he was offered a chance to explore space and send back information on any species not yet categorized.

Unknown to Milo, who eagerly accepted, this assignment was twofold -- it would expand their libraries, true, but many of the other individuals thought that once Milo would see the vastness of space and the sheer magnitude of the task, he would come back and fall more in line with their beliefs.

In other words, they greatly underestimated Milo's search for knowledge.

SHIP:
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/6426-yz-1200-light-freighter-stock/?hl=freighter

KILLS:
Post the names of the PC characters (characters role-played by real people) that your character has killed. If possible, include a link to the thread in which your character killed him/her.

BOUNTIES COLLECTED:
Post the names of any bounties you have delivered and the amount of money you gained for it. If possible, include a link to the thread in which it happened.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ROLE-PLAYS:

Post the links and the titles to all of your characters Role-Plays. To make things easier, post the link and name here as soon as you enter the Role-Play thread.

Cristina Zeitlin

C
giphy.gif

[member="Mysa Snowstrider"]

I see where you're coming from, but there will be differences :)

For one thing, Milo Thatch is a cartographer, linguist, and an archaeologist, whose sole goal in the movie is to discover Atlantis. He also ends up becoming king.

My Milo is a linguist as well, but I plan on him to not study past cultures but rather present cultures -- hence the explorer rank. Although, I should probably change the "historian" to "xenologist", as my primary plan for Otis is for him to travel across the galaxy and documenting species that his little homeworld monastery doesn't have in their library.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom