Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Military Bases!

Tagging onto Aela Talith's Jedi Temple, we have a WONDERFUL world in Sullust. Its volcanic, its interesting, its different.

Legends has a very little on the world, Canon has more. We need to set up bases. Anyone have ideas? Underground military complexes, air bases, training facilities, the whole nine.

[member="Judah Dashiell"], I know you're company would be interested?

Anyone else? Ideas, companies, desire, images?

Idea.

The Alliance Military College - Sullust
Where cadets and other selected candidates are prepared to lead the Galactic Alliance's brave servicemen and women with training in field leadership, administration and tactics. The training is mentally and physically arduous, with a high attrition rate. Cadets can either opt to complete an 18 month course focusing entirely on military studies, or a four year course with a Bachelor's degree from Sullust InterGalactic University.

Roth Tillian

R
Probably best to go relatively deep underground to protect against orbital strikes and use the volcanics as a natural part of the defenses, similar to how rivers and mountains would be used in the past. Use things to channel any invaders into certain areas. Underground hangars would be cool.

I wanna compile ideas as they come in, so I can keep a running tally, and stir up ideas.

Turrets, [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"], What do you have in mind?

[member="Judah Dashiell"] I know I called you here, any chance you'd develop sub-terranian living areas, opposite of your cloud cities?

[member="Rook"] I like this! Will need some environmental suits. Anything you can pull from old Dread Guard situations? Rebuilds?

[member="Roth Tillian"] I love that idea. Volcanos rock, and some sharks swim in volcanos. So why not us? Did you ever see Goldeneye? How the dish comes from the pond? It'd be cool to divert magma and launch Vipers X-Wings!

[member="Coren Starchaser"]

Depends on what you want. I'll link some stuff Firemane/ARGH has that could be useful for a base.

Firemane:

Defence turrets:
Javelin Weapon Emplacement 1 million credits. Laser cannon turret for defence of population centres and key installations against light infantry and starfighters/interceptors.
Ballista Weapon Emplacement 1 million credits. Heavy laser cannon turret for defence of population centres and key installations against bombers, gunships and heavy vehicles.
Keraunos Missile Turret 1 million credits. A powerful anti-air defence turret that is designed to shoot down fast moving craft such as fighters and multiple targets with homing missiles. It is designed to compliment the Ballista and Javelin turrets to provide a strong barrier against assaults. Named after Kaelin Isandros, known as Darth Keraunos, a vicious Sith Assassin who was slain by Siobhan Kerrigan.
Tempest cannon : 5 million credits. Planetary turbolaser cannon to take down capital ships. Can fire at targets within and beyond orbit at considerable range. It cannot be mounted on war ships or used against ground troops and small starships, but has a long range and great accuracy.

ARGH (see Guild of Hammers link in sig):

• Mobile Barricade- Class 10 durasteel barricade with built-in repulsorlifts for ease of deployment and density projectors for anchoring
  • Graphite-Reinforced Durasteel Plating- Vehicle, Ship, and Building armor plating made from Durasteel with its internal structure enhanced by the strong Graphite Reed formation. Perfect for heavy armor plating, it greatly reduces slashing, blunt, and large caliber-piercing damage such as large pieces of shrapnel, while partially reducing large-caliber energy weapon damage, while not affecting Durasteel's resistance to small-caliber piercing damage. Unusable in personal infantry armor.

Also got heavy bolters and shattergun rotary cannons as possible weapons emplacements.

That's the stuff we used for bases/fortresses on Kaeshana.

We need images folks, because I'm a visually fixated person!

[member="Judah Dashiell"]
Even with lava?

[member="Asahara Velin"]
I think [member="Aeron Kreelan"] can help with that, it is an old OP world. May have to lease, or something.

[member="Rook"]
[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]
Would you two be interested in helping with Silk with a new armor set?
ExCon Suit but redone?

And Sio, after i'm doing procrastinating homework I'll check your list more deeply (phrasing)

Coren Starchaser said:
Ideas, companies, desire, images?
Killing_Horizon_Concept_Art_RocketAttack.jpg
Fantasy-Lava-Starcraft-2-Heart-Of-The-Swarm-Video-Games-Picture-Wallpaper-2365.jpg

All its going to take is a little farmboy ingenuity. We build the underground city surrounded by a thick wall. On the very outside of this thick wall would be the materials Reinforced carbon-carbon and Li-900 [a ceramic]. There would have to be a non-heat resistant structural wall, but those materials could be made into a brick/block and be stacked two deep for safety sake.

Additionally, channels and pool could be dug, redirecting lava flows harmlessly away from the city.

Its going to take several mining companies, manufacturing contracts, and a ton of hard work. Nothing worth havin' comes easy though.

"Farmboy ingenuity" is not exactly the term you should put on the formal proposal, [member="Judah Dashiell"] ;)

Sounds like you've got this all spread out. is Danger a business partner in this endeavor, or are you sub-contracting to new companies?

Of course [member="Danger Arceneau"] will have her hand in this, what in the 'verse doesn't? As for other companies, I feel its only fair to share the wealth and subcontract out a thing or two. I'm sure there are a few corporations out there achin' for some credits.

Judah Dashiell said:

Of course [member="Danger Arceneau"] will have her hand in this, what in the 'verse doesn't? As for other companies, I feel its only fair to share the wealth and subcontract out a thing or two. I'm sure there are a few corporations out there achin' for some credits.

SUBCONTRACT!

share the weallllllth!

I'll be there too tho! I've been enjoying creating materials and helping Salacia with stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom