Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech MF Combat De-ionizer

Status
Not open for further replies.
[SIZE=9pt]OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Intent: To create Munin-Farr Corporations’ their first line of a mass produced product. And to give my perspective on the canon combat de-ionizer, giving my theory on how it works and making it “balanced”.[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Image Source: Here[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Canon Link: N/A[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Restricted Missions: N/A[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Primary Source: Here[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]PRODUCTION INFORMATION[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Manufacturer: Munin-Farr Corporations[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Model: MF Combat De-ionizer[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Affiliation: [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Open-Market[/SIZE]

[*]
[SIZE=9pt]Modularity: No[/SIZE]

[*]
[SIZE=9pt]Production: Mass produced[/SIZE]

[*]
[SIZE=9pt]Material: Electronics, metal[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]SPECIAL FEATURES[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Counteracts any ionic energy[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Strengths:[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Counter: It completely counteracts any ionic energy that has damaged whatever electronics whether it be armor, weapons, or vehicles at the size of a speeder.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Weaknesses:[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]One charge: It does not have an infinite ammo or supply of it being used against ionic energy since it would just make EMP grenades, cannons, or firearms something to brush off. No, it has exactly one charge that can completely counteract any form of ionic energy but once that charge is used it’s just a metal handheld device.[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]It’s not a weapon: Unless you wanna choke or hit someone with it, be my guess. Chances are is that a rock is gonna be more useful than that.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]DESCRIPTION[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]The invention of combat de-ionizers were first recorded during the the Galactic Civil War, produced by the Galactic Empire for their Imperial Stormtroopers which was worn on their utility belts. The engineering and design of the item is pretty clear as to what it’s made for. Counteracting against the effects of ionic energy that can harm electronics or software systems.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]At the facilities at Munin-Farr, all they did was give their take on this technology and produce it to not just their warriors, but to others. Very similar to the de-ionizers made by the first Galactic Empire, they are handheld and can be stored in their utility belts. Two things were noted when used as a prototype. One, the deionizer could not only be used for armor, but for weapons and speeders. The second thing was that it only has a one charge that can completely counteract against any ion energy; however, once it’s used it is junk and useless.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Content with these final results, the piece of tech was marched into being a mass produced item to be given to their warriors, and to the public.[/SIZE]

Atlas Kane

A
Can it only reverse the effects of ionic energy or does it also work as a shield against a single attack of ionic energy?

[member="Vilaz Munin"]

Atlas Kane

A
Sorry for the delay. It would likely act as a remover, so that should work. A big single-use de-ionizer, looks good to me.

Passing it on for Mentor Review. [member="Darth Ananta"]

[member="Vilaz Munin"]

Normally, I wouldn't be comfortable with a complete wipe off of ionic energy. However, since you only have it as a one off and that it is completely useless afterward, I am okay with letting this pass on through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom