Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Metallic Moments (PM to Join)

James wasn't accustomed to leaving his tower of absolute power on Dal'Bor to work with designers but this was no ordinary designer. Beskar smiths were hard to come by and Tony Benetta was one of the few who were willing to go out and work for others. She didn't care too much who it was, and she made that abundantly clear. James had checked out her background; the Mandos had abandoned her, left her dishonored, and he understood it. She had lost everything for their cause and in return, she was a person who almost no one knew about. He shook his head and sighed as he stepped out of the Red Burner into her workshop.

The woman was hard at work, looking over designs that she had been planning out ahead of time. She must have been hard of hearing to not hear the spacer come clanking in. He didn't blame her. A lifetime on the battlefield, hearing explosions at close range would do that to a being.

"Miss, I be here, James--" the spacer began.

The woman povited in her chair, whipping out a heavy blaster pistol. Her eyes were bloodshot, he guessed from lack of sleep and she smelt of spice. James held his hands up in surrender, "Whoa, miss, easy."

Tony lowered her weapon after a moment and relaxed, if someone with those eyes could be considered "relaxed." She nodded, 'If you don't wanna see your fething brains splattered acrosss my fething floor, you had best fething knock first."

Ah yes, the rumors didn't do her justice. She was incredibly low on people skills.

James nodded as he set the heavy satchel he had been carrying down, "Ye be right, miss. Apologies. Ye wanna run these ideas by me?"

Tony rose to her feet, wincing with pain. James imagined the shrapnel still lodged in her body from the frag that had put her out of commission was incredibly painful to deal with. He had read the medical articles. It was amazing she could even walk--or was alive for that matter. She waved him closer and a holographic read out appeared on the table before them.

"You said you wanted a fething sheild," she began, waving her display before him, "while I think its a waste of fething beskar, its not too hard to do. But you said you wanted some special chit on this thing?"

He nodded, "Aye, what do ye have?"

She waved at the entire circular design, "We can make it aerodynamic so it can be thrown and chit. Then we can add a vibro-core on it, like what those fething vibrobades use so it can cut through things easier, we could add a razor edge to it, but I don't know how much fething damage you wanna deal."

James shook his head, "That seems to have too many dangers there. To many possible things could go wrong. Just add a stun core like what stun batons have."

Tony shrugged, "Whatever brand of stupid you want, its your beskar not mine."

"Alright what else ye got?" James asked, trying to blow past the flagrant rudeness of this weapon smith.

She tapped a few buttons on the screen and pulled up a gauntlet design. Four round sliver-like dots on the forearm were indicated, "Those could be wired with a homing device. Pulls the shield on command to a mother-board chit and whatever on the shield. Comes back on command."

"Wouldn't that get damaged?"

She gave James a look like he was stupid, "Do I look like an amateur? We will give it shock-dampners, you fething moron. Max distance of retrieval will be," she tapped a few buttons on her screen, the calculation came up, "25 meters max. How is that for you?"

James nodded, "That seams reasonable enough."

Tony nodded and moved that aside and began pulling up the finer specifications of the shield, "Its going to be thin. Beskar is heavy as chit, you know that right?"

James nodded, 'Aye, I know.'

"We will add a few outward struts of support from the center like, this chit here,' she said indicating the lines steming like spider webs from the center of the shield, "to keep the fething strength and integrity up."

James nodded, biting his tongue. This woman was abrasive as acid, but she did know her stuff, that was for sure.

Not many people knew Tony, let alone even about her. But of all the connections and contacts Dominik had, he still had a hard time finding her gender. Where she operated was another thing altogether. But, he had figured it out. He was searching out for her because she was one of the few people who could forge Beskar, and Dominik had a lot of it. A shipment that his friend Lady Kay had been able to slip away from it's normal route to find him. But, he couldn't make it. So he found Tony.

He would be walking up to her residence, or workshop. He couldn't tell. His ship was nearby, the cockpit filled with the tiny boxes that contained the beskar. As he neared the entrance, he could hear her talking with someone.. Aerodynamic? Vibro-core? Someone had found her before he did... He leaned against the wall and listened...

Was that James Justice's voice? Sounded like the same strange accent.. He peaked in through the door.

[member="James Justice"]

"Alright, gimme a fething minute and I will get this chit moving," Tony said at last.

James nodded, feeling a bit of relief. He understood bitterness at the world--he had after all lost his wife, a had his heart broken many times. He was bitter and hurt and angry at the world with few equals. But she took the cake.

"You brought the chit?' she asked coldly.

James slung the bag off his shoulder and set it down with a loud thud. There was clearly something--or somethings heavy in it. He unzipped the satchel and pulled out a trio of heavy bars. Beskar. The he pulled out a bundle of high-denomination credit chips and tossed it on the table, "All of it, right there."

"Good little fether," Tony nodded before moving to a suit of protective gear on the wall. She stepped into it, and James realized that it was a smith's protective gear. She hefted the three bars in her arm before moving towards her forge, "Playtime."

James turned and followed her toward the forge, unaware of Dominik's presence.

[member="Dominik Borra"]

Damn it, she was already going to work. He could see by peaking around the corner that she was putting on a suit, but he could tell it definitely was [member="James Justice"]. Maybe... He wouldn't get shot at.. He leaned back so he didn't show through the crack in the door, and knocked loudly at the door. He took a step back so he wasn't too close at the door.

Tony turned on her heel, 'Who the fething hells is that?"

James pinched the bridge of his nose, seeing her bloodshot eyes looking very paranoid and savage. He could understand; she preferred to live a private life, one that only the most influential contractors and those with real money could get to her and hire her. Though of course, with the credits she required to even consider designing something, he had little doubt that only the best would be the type to seek out her attention. The spacer cringed for whoever was going to come through that door.

"Who the hell are you and what the hell do you want?" Tony demanded, 'Get your arse in here. Unless your a fething solicitor. I will fething shoot your arse off."

What a lovely people person, James thought sarcastically.

[member="Dominik Borra"]

Dominik could hear that, through her anger, she wasn't going to be answering the door. So he opened it and stepped in, his helmet still on and everything while he raised his hands in the air. "Well, hello James. and hello Tony. No, I am not a solicitor. If I do become one later in life, please shoot me." He smiled on the inside. "No, I have work for you. In the form of making beskar into armor. And before you ask about credits, I got paid handsomly by the One Sith before I left them." The only weapons he would have on him is his two normal twin blasters, and an alchemized longsword at his back.

"I'm sure it will be enough."

[member="James Justice"]

Tony shrugged and jerked her thumb back, her crabby personality showing by the scowl on her face, "Yeah, you fething think so eh? I could shoot you now and be done with it. Get in line, your next. I ain't no fething kid swinging osik around. We'll see if you can afford my chit."

She showed the bars and shrugged, 'Don't worry this won't take too fething long, so long as you two dumbarses stay out of my way," the weapon and armor designer went to the next room, still griping till her heart was content.

James offered [member="Dominik Borra"] his hand with a winsome smile. It was good to be in more decent company again, instead of that crabby woman.

"Good to see ye mate, how has life been treating ye?" James asked.

As they talked, Tony worked. She set the beskar bars into the forage and let them get heated up as she prepped her pneumatic hammer and anvil. She wasn't as young as she used to be, she wasn't ashamed to use tech to get along. Tony carefully calibrated the PSI to its finer point for Beskar and grabbed her tongs. Thanks to her molecular forge, the bars didn't take too long to heat up. Retrieving them, Tony arrayed the metal bars and began to hammer them out, into a flat circular disk that matched the design she had showed James.

Satisified she added the support struts and allowed it to cool, turning to the gauntlet and command node.

Dominik dropped his arms to his side, seeing he wasn't going to get shot. "Good to see you as well, [member="James Justice"] ." He shook his hand. "I didn't know you were in possession of Beskar. What are you having her make?" He asked. Not many people could get beskar. It was practically sacred to the Mandolorians.

James smiled slyly, 'Oh, Dominik, if ye think a smuggler like me can't get his hands on a little something that is hard to come by then ye underestimated me, sir."

The spacer fished a cigarette from his pocket and lit it up, offering his friend one, "Oh, ye know, just a shield. I can't decide whether I want to gift it to one of me mates, or to just auction it off," the spacer dusted a few of the ashes off his cig, "what ye got in mind, mate?"

In the other room, Tony wiped the sweat off her forehead and began interlacing the intricate wires under the armor mesh that would comprise the glove. It would stop a knife, perhaps a vibro knife as well, and leave a scorch from any sort of blaster, but beyond that the wearer would be in serious trouble. It wasn't made to be the main show, just a protective overlay for the datawires. She gave a satisified nod and began securing them. The life of a weapon-maker was long indeed, and one without much thanks. Much like her own life, Tony thought bitterly.

[member="Dominik Borra"]

[member="James Justice"]

He raised an eyebrow to James. "What? Auction it off? That is something of great potential! A shield of Beskar!" He noticed the cigar now. "Oh, and, no thanks. I'd rather be able to breath without more robotic parts added to my body." He held up a hand, denying the smoke. "But, that shield could aid in.. well... killing Jedi and Sith a like. I like the killing Sith part." He smiled under his helmet.

James smiled, quite amused, "Well then I suppose I shouldn't tell ye about me full Phrik armor then, eh? With a ballistic underlay," he shrugged, "there be many things that can kill a saber-jockey mate; sonic cannons, explosives, firepower, flame throwers, superior skills, the Vong formed, them freak lizards that cut their sorcery powers off, the right explosives used in the right way," James tapped his temple, "I be sure ye know that the best weapon any soldier has is their mind. You use that, ye'll be alright."

Tony sealed the interior of the gauntlet off with a more comfortable and water-proof material. She nodded and moved to the beskar plate. It was almost ready and almost a shield. All it needed was a few more touches. Using her tongs, the metal smith took the hot shield and took it to her tempering furnace. It would go from blazing hot to freezing cold in a flash. It made tempering a lot easier and a lost faster. It was her own invention, of course, and a closely held secret. She tapped her specifications in for beskar and let it do its work. After several minutes she retrieved the glittering metal. Now for the last touch; the electronic component. She took the liberty of making it before hand, surrounding it with a copper Faraday cage, waterproofing, and of course, shock-proofing the case it was in. With a few simple welds the case was an integral part of the shield. She donned her glove and gave it a try, testing the electromagnet couplings that kept it there and the return system. Yes, it worked perfectly.

She removed her helmet and strode into the next room where James and Dominik were waiting.

[member="Dominik Borra"]

"Yes, a lot of things can kill them. But all thier things can kill you back. That's why I want Beskar armor. It would stop the glowsticks for long enough to get close and blast their belly."

Just then, Tony returned with the sheild. "Well, that was fast." He commented. He would let her finish business up with James before asking her about his armor.

Tony gave him a snarky look, "Because I am the fething best, not some amateur who feths around."

She handed the shield to James, with its gauntlet, James secured it and gave it an examining eye. It looked good, extremely good, and looked like it was well-made. The armor smith looked away in scoff, "What are you suddenly some sort of weapon maker now to examine my chit?"

"Oh, no miss, just admiring your handiwork," James said with a smile. He looked to Dominik and nodded, "Aye, they can. I be understanding ye." He offered his free hand, "Good luck, mate, I will be seeing ye around."

The spacer turned and walked towards his speeder waiting outside. He got what he came for, and was ready to be on his way.

Tony gave the next customer a critical eye, "And what do you fething want?"

OOC: Feel free to continue this thread for your armor, and use Tony for that. :)

OOC: Alright. Will you reply as Tony?

He would shake [member="James Justice"] hand before he left, then turned to Tony. "Armor. I already have the plans for it, measured for my specific body." He reached into his ammo pack on his waist. It contained A large data drive instead of magazines, which he handed over to Tony. They were full body, leaving just about no gaps except for joints so he could move. Even plans for his new helmet.

"If you want to inspect those, I have my money and Beskar in my ship. It will just be a short trip back to get those." He stepped towards the door, but wouldn't exit it unless she gave him some sort of approval.

Tony snatched the drive from his hands with little more than a gruff grunt as the reply. To say she was rude and lacking people skills was an understatement. She plugged the datacard into the computer and gave it a precursory glance.

"I require 3 mil, all in advance," she said without even looking in her new client's direction. Shen she gave a guffaw of total disgust, "This is chit, who the hell made this? You? Please. I have seen toddler drawings that were better," her fingers guided the metal in a few points, indicating several junections, 'The plates are too thin here. Too thick here. You need a power armor underlay with Mark IV ballistic weave. And your lifesupport is chit. That will give out on an easy EMP. Where is the fething Faraday cage? You wanna be toast, is that it? If you wanna die, I'll make it as is. If you wanna live, I will make modifications to the design. But its gonna cost you another mil. And where are the fething weapon emplacements? Are you seriously going to go running around in a tin can like this?"

She gave Dominik a highly critical eye, jaded by five decades of a miserable existence, "Those are the terms. Take em or leave em."

[member="Dominik Borra"]
OOC: Ok, this is James Justice's alt for these kinda scenarios. ;)

He sighed at all the criticism. He knew he wasn't the best at making armor, but come on lady. And 4 mil! Holy kark!

"The weapons I usually take are these two handguns," he gestured to his waist where they were holstered. "This alchemized sword," He pointed at the sword at his back, currently held there through a series of magnets. "A sniper rifle slung over my back, and one more larger handgun holstered right above the middle of my arse. And yeah.." He slumped a little. "I can do 4 mil. Barely. I'll go get them." He took a step back, exiting the building towards his ship.

The boxes of beskar are too heavy and cumbersome to carry, so he flew his ship quietly to her front door, where he started to unload them into the building. Lots of little boxes, as if he had to play tetris to fit them all in the cockpit. Which he did.

OOC: Alright. Also, if you want to know the components and all the the armor, here is a link to the factory thread with Dominik's armor. Yes, I know it says it's denied. It's because the Dev thread is currently being done elsewhere and the factory thread was archived.

[member="Rygen storyteller"]
[member="James Justice"]

Tony gave a "hrump" of disproval/acknowledgement when her client returned. It took some time to bring all the Beskar into her forge, but she was a strong girl, and the protective suit she was wearing was augmented with servos for such a purpose. And, yes, she had made it herself.

At last she pointed at the table demandingly, "Four mil. Now."

When the soldier had paid she turned to her work, which she usually preferred to do alone. Her forge heated up the ingots, one bit at a time. Each was slowly melted into their semi-workable form. Her fingers tapped a data screen built into the wall and the details for the armor showed up once more, for her to use as a visual cue to work off of. She sniffed and nodded, her blast shield going down. Breastplate first. The pneumatic anvil came down, beating the ingots first into long strips, then binding them together into a single plate. Again and again it pounded on the beskar, turning the red hot metal grasped in her tongs into the chest guard that would save his life. Her eyes glared at it with pessimism. She knew how it felt to be burned and beaten down into something stronger. She always felt a kindredness to the metal that was formed. She always did.

Satisfied at last when the product had been completed, she ferried it into the tempering machine and glanced to the template. Pauldrons next.

[member="Dominik Borra"]

Dominik sighed when she asked for the money, and he handed over four credit chips, all equaling 1 mil each. He only had one chip left, with half a mil. Sure, it was still a lot... Hopefully [member="James Justice"] could get him a job soon.

He would sit and wait for the first few minutes while she worked on his armor, but after a while he decided to make sure the place was secure. He went outside and made a round around the place, checking for any onlookers or anything out of the blue with his robotic eye. Nothing so far.. He also made sure the windows were closed(if there were any).

[member="Rygen storyteller"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom