Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech MerrSteel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matreya

lama-demir.png

Image Source: erkmakina.com

Intent: To make an alloy specifically to hail from Merr-Sonn Inc.
Development Thread: Metallurgical Introduction
Manufacturer: Merr-Sonn, Inc.
Model: MerrSteel
Affiliation: MSI // Limited Market
Modularity: None
Production: Minor

Major Materials:
  1. Duramentium
  2. Atronel's Ostrine
  3. Kinetic Alloy
  4. Absorbital
Secondary Materials:
  1. Duranium
  2. Dallorian alloy
  3. Duralloy
  4. Duravlex
  5. Ferrocarbon

Classification: n/a
Weight: Varies (*)
Quality: 8
  • Lightsabers/Heat ~ 9
  • Blasters ~ 8
  • Blunt Force Attacks ~ 7
Special Features: Durability

Strengths:
  • [ You Can't Touch This ] ~ When it comes to offset defense, there are few that can beat this metal. Restricted alloys tend to, but in many cases this material is almost to par.
Weaknesses:
  • [ Jesus, This is Heavy! ] ~ Though the weight varies, depending on the object it is molded into, for the basis of whatever it is, know its going to be heavy. *On par, and above, with Beskar.*
  • [ Zzzzzzzt ] ~ While metal acts as a honing rod for electricity, this is ever more present in the metal. If sustained, the flow actually amplifies. A shock from dragging feet can even be painful.
  • [ Alterations Non Applicable ] ~ Due to the massive heat sensitive properties, this metal must be kept at a perpetually semi-viscous state. Once it hardens, nothing short of utter destruction or molten temperatures will allow it to be changed.
  • [ That is C-c-cold! ] ~ As above, because the metal is such a combatant to heat, it is lethal to use much of the material in cold climates (Tundras, Cryokinetic situations, etc)

Description: Having come to the Mandalorian Empire a time ago, Valashu has meddled with plenty of useful ideas. He came up with a fully kinetic proof suit to be worn with armor, he found boots able to make a human faster than most animals, made arrows able to slice through Beskar. But in the long run, he has not once made a true contribution to the galactic populace. Hence this submission.

Alone, each of the aforementioned minerals are useful in their own ways. One is so heat resistant that it is rumored to freeze things upon contact, others are simply known for their overall durabilities. Hence the combination of each, brought together using the molecular combining agent, Instant Adhesive. Through the usage of such, they all have come together become an entirely new alloy: MerrSteel.

When it comes to armor, though heavy, this metal is impeccable. It can take multiple strikes from lightsabers, shots from blasters, etcetera. Versatile, with balanced downsides, this metal can be useful to many.

Primary Source: n/a

Matreya

Don't know why there seems to be such massive spacing... its irritating

Anyway, can an RPJ change the account I posted it as to [member="Valashu Elahad"] please?

<p>RESEARCH REVIEW<br />-----<br />Star Wars Canon:<br />Pending initial review<br />------<br />Starwars Chaos:<br />Pending initial review<br />------<br />WITHOUT DEV THREADS<br />Pending initial review<br />------<br />WITH DEV THREADS<br />Pending Initial review<br />------<br />SUGGESTIONS<br />Pending Inital review</p>

<p>RESEARCH REVIEW<br />-----<br />Star Wars Canon:<br />Pending initial review<br />------<br />Starwars Chaos:<br />Pending initial review<br />------<br />WITHOUT DEV THREADS<br />Pending initial review<br />------<br />WITH DEV THREADS<br />Pending Initial review<br />------<br />SUGGESTIONS<br />Pending Inital review</p>

Matreya

Questionable. I have seen people allowed to add stealth tech to their subs, simply by linking the canon article, seen people running around in class 10 with no sub simply because they have a canon armor.

You know me Jorus, the whole not needing because thing was a smart ass comment. Nothing more. Honestly not sure of what would be required if any though, because as said, it is a combination of only canon articles, each bearing a special notice that could be combined. The duramentium was noted as being one of the strongest steels, would that mean just a little tweaking makes it as strong as Songsteel? If so, then what if I did what I do now and make it way more in the combination?

In the real world sense, it simply would be pouring a bunch of ingredients into a pot, heating em, and boom done. Its Hamburger Helper, Armor Style.

...so long answer short, I don't know broham, I'm not the judge here.

[member="Jorus Merrill"]

[member="Damien Daemon"]

My thinking in these situations is, if it was that easy, someone would have done it already. Metallurgical research would be required, a lot of trial and error, which dovetails well with development.

I respect that you've got some serious limitations here and you're operating in good faith.
  • Production level: currently Mass
  • Armor rating against blasters and lightsabres: currently 10
  • Development: currently 0
You understand how those three factors, those three sliders, can play off against each other and find a balance. I can think of several points of balance between those three factors - positions for those three sliders, if you will. Since you've got serious disadvantages and you're operating in good faith, make me an offer.

[member="Damien Daemon"]

With the serious limitations you've got, I'm comfortable with that. I'm still having trouble seeing the overarching logic, but in the end, the balance is what matters. Someone who wears this in combat, in any significant amount, is going to be weighed down, vulnerable to electricity, and prone to freezing. That's plenty as far as I'm concerned. If you could make those edits and toss in a basic development thread (length up to you, long as it's 10+ posts), I'll stamp this.

Matreya

Went bare bones, [member="Jorus Merrill"]. Its been hard recently in my rl predicament to pop through a large solo thread.

But its there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom