Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mercerian Salt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sea-Salt-Health.jpg

Image Source: http://onzinearticles.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Sea-Salt-Health.jpg
Intent: A special material resource only found on Diska Merci. Necessary for back ground information on the planet.
Development Thread: ummm N/A?
Manufacturer: Generic Mining Intergalactic
Model: Gluten-free, GMO free, MSG free with all natural flavorings, organic.
Affiliation: Open market
Modularity: Can be used for a low grade explosive, as a hallucinogenic drug, or as medicine.
Production: Limited
Material: Mineral rich salt of unique composition.

Mercerian Salt: Mercerian salt is a wonderfully unique substance. It collects underground lakes and hot springs on the moon Diska Merci. The plant life will filter and use the salt for sustenance breaking down it properties so that Diska Merci’s surface is actually salt free which leads to problems as salt is necessary for life. Only in special oasis deserts can the salt be found for available ingestion in small quantities which means the cattle drivers on the planet have to move the cattle from oasis to oasis for them to get the salt and mineral content they need. The way this works is that the crystalline salt, on a molecular level, acts as a cage for other minerals. The atoms of the minerals fit in the gaps created by the covalent bonds during crystallization.

Explosive Nature: When in solid form Mercerian Salt can be used as an ingredient in explosives but only after being ground fine. This is mostly a hazard for mishandling as the explosive nature of it is incredibly sub par compared to other explosives in use. The most use one would get from it would be to add it as filler to increase an already deadly explosion with a flash burn affect of high intensity. If shipped in solid form in large quantities it is not unknown for the cargo to grind against itself and produce small to medium explosions.

Pharmaceutical Nature: The mineral composition that is unstable when released from the strict crystallization in solid form is the same that gives it a hallucinogenic effect which can be refined into an anesthetic for for medicines, or some crazy goofballs for drugs. In liquid form it is a mild hallucinogenic and acts very much the way alcohol does in that it alters inhibition. It is served as alcohol in local cantinas on Diska Merci, where it has become an analogy for masculinity or toughness. (e.g. someone would make fun of someone by saying the boy can't even hold his salt.) During the process of digestion all the elements are safe with the exception of the slight high you get from it. The high itself is due to an excitement of the endocrine system due to how quickly the salt carries the minerals into the bloodstream in addition to the composition itself. This hallucinogenic effect can be expounded with processing techniques to make it a powerful mind altering drug that includes hallucinations and feelings of invincibility along with delusions of grandeur.

Mining techniques: Liquid mining techniques are necessary to mine the solid form while drilling techniques are used to mine the liquid form. This material is unique to the colony moon Diska Merci due to the unseen processes taking place underneath the surface as well as the uniqueness of its make up.
Primary Source: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/43826-diska-merci/

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
[member="Sor'row Fae"]
Alright, let's see if I can break this down a bit. Need some answers before I can fully judge this and I also want you to be aware that until the planet itself is approved, I can't really do much on the approval side of things except get it ready for stamping when the planet is approved.

First thing's first. It's a salt that causes hallucinogenic effects, can be used as an explosive, can be made into medicine, and is essential to life.

Basic salt is the chemical compound of Sodium and Chlorine, forming a chemical called Sodium Chloride (NaCl). Now, sodium chloride is made of one atom of Sodium coupled with one molecule of Chlorine. It's a bit... wonky. Chlorine is a gas and is lethal to humans and, I'm assuming, most humanoid species in star wars. Sodium is a highly reactive metal (It catches on fire if water touches it. Wierd, I know) that isn't naturally found, but synthesized from naturally occuring chemicals/compounds like Sodium Chloride.

Now, salt does not cause hallucinogenic effects naturally unless you ingest a lot of it to the point where it dehydrates you, but even then that's not the salt, thats the brain tissue losing water causing nerves and neurons to misfire randomly, causing what the medical field terms an Altered Mental State (AMS).

Now, we eat salt as it helps regulate our internal systems. That means that if this salt is to do that, it must contain sodium chloride. To cause hallucinogenic effects, another chemical must be added. Now, I'm not saying you should go through and find a specific chemical, I'm just giving you the basis of where all of this is coming from :p My apologies if this is a bit... information heavy.

Now, once you add that component (which you'll need a bit more description for in the submission) then you get the salt with hallucinogenic effects. From there, it's an easy jump to medicinal purposes. Now, you mentioned little to no medicinal purposes other than open ended drug synthesization. This could mean the product could be an illegal narcotic like Death Sticks or something to give to a patient. Now, my advice if you mean in to have this used in them medical field, is to have it used like an anesthetic; a drug that numbs the nerve receptors for pain/a drug that blocks the brain from receiving or understanding the pain impulses given by the nerve receptors. Once you do that, you're golden. If you meant it to be a narcotic, then I suggest reading up on canon Star Wars drugs like Glitterstim and Death Sticks. Just remember, all medicines/drugs/narcotics have side effects that range from mildly inconveniencing to downright horrible.

As for explosives, that's where things get tricky. I'm not sure you could do explosives AND life giving salt AND narcotic effects. I'm gonna say that for a bomb making substance, you'd need to make it like salt, but not salt. A salt substitute, in other words. You'd still get the life giving aspect of it, but you'd lose the hallucinogenic effects. From there, it'd be a matter of really describing just how effective of an explosive it is in the description. I'd go with gun powder as a standard to work from as they seem to have a similar consistency.

To recap, pick two of the three abilities (ingested salt, hallucinogenic salt, explosive salt) and work those over in the description. If you want some advice or to just bounce ideas off of someone, feel free to PM me and we can chat there if you'd like.

[member="Popo"]
I feel as if i'm finished i updated it to include what we talked about. if there is anything i'm missing pls let me know and i will correct it as soon as possible. Sorry for the drawn out process this is my first time making something.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
[member="Sor'row Fae"]
I'm terribly sorry it took so long to get back to this. Gimme a bit to read through it and re-review it and I'll let you know if anything needs fixing.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
[member="Sor'row Fae"]
Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry! Work is brutal and sucking the energy out of me. I've looked this over, but I don't know if you're active =/ I know, pots and kettles. You still around?

#worstFJevar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom