Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Mercenary Transport Command Ship - MTCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Shado

Alor of Clan Shado
52df2992b9539455bf09c4cc55634e78.jpg

Image Source: http://tinnenmannetje.deviantart.com/art/Timelapse-3-381980724
Affiliation: Clan Shado
Manufacturer: Clan Shado
Model: MTSC-I
Modularity: No
Production: Limited
Material: Titanium Outer Hull, Durasteel Inner Hull, Duraplasts Floors & Walls,
Classification: Dropship, Command Ship
Length: 150 meters
Height: 70 meters
Width: 50 meters
Armament: 4
8x Twin Laser Cannons
2x Laser Cannons
1x Twin Ion Cannons

Defenses: 15

Squadron Count:
1x MAW-SSI
2x LT-ERs

Special Features:
Sensor Jammer
Sensor Array
Sensor Decoy
Command Center
Escape Pod
Cargo Hold
Holding Cells

Maneuverability Rating: 17
Speed Rating: 17
Hyperdrive Class: 2 with a back up of 5

Strengths:
+ Command Center/Base
+ Troop Carrier
+ Strong Hulls
Weaknesses:
- Not Meant For Combating bigger ships
- Minimum Weapons
- Slow
Description: The MTCS was designed to be a command base and a ship at the same time. Capable of touching down on a planet and acting as a base till the mission was finished. It's designed to be able to carry large amounts of cargo, roughly 500 tons, prisoners, and carrier ground support. It carries a squadron of fighters for protection. The ship also carriers sensors to give better intel as well as scramblers to keep it hidden along with a decoy sensor to fake out unwanted eyes.

The MTCS can carry twenty five soldiers, 2 pilots(for the ship itself), 4 crew members, and 3 pilots for the MAWs. It has enough consumables to last around three weeks, to a month. The ship is slow, turns like its in mud, and as thick hulls for the best protection possible with some pretty nice shielding.

Intent: To create a ship for Clan Shado that can act as a command ship for pirating, raiding, and various other missions in their mercenary work
Who Can Use This: Clan Shado
Primary Source:N/A

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Michael Shado said:
Length: 100 meters Height: 300 meters Width: 450 meters
Is the width actually 450 meters? This also looks longer to me than it is tall.

Michael Shado said:
Armament: 4 2x Twin Laser Cannons 2x Laser Cannons
While I'm not sure how big this ship is currently, I would either up the gun listing or lower the armament rating to "1".

For comparison's sake, the Carrier Corvette has an armament rating of 4, but carries 8 turbolasers and 20 Quad Laser Cannons.

Michael Shado said:
as scramblers to keep it hidden along with a decoy sensor to fake out unwanted eyes.

Michael Shado said:
Sensor Jammer Sensor Array Sensor Decoy
Is the sensor jammer and the sensor scrambler the same thing? I might recommend picking out a specific jammer/scrambler because there is such a large variety of them, and many of them work very differently. Some jammers actually make the ship easier to find, though they do a good job of concealing exactly what it is making the jammer.

Michael Shado said:
to carry large amounts of cargo, roughly 100 tons,

Again, this will probably depend on size somewhat, but I would give it a higher cargo space. Probably at least 500 tons if this is corvette sized (100-200 meters long at its biggest dimension).

Michael Shado

Alor of Clan Shado
[member="Gir Quee"]

When I say scrambler its the samething as the jammer, I just used a different word so I wasn't repeating myself.

I made the edits as requested:

Upped the guns

Made it longer: 300 meters
Short: 100 meters
(though this makes me feel like the hangar is much bigger than what I am saying in the submission)

and gave it a 500 ton cargo capacity.

And yes I want this to be a wide ship. It's meant to be kinda like a deploying base type..thing..

Michael Shado said:
When I say scrambler its the samething as the jammer, I just used a different word so I wasn't repeating myself.
The Universal Jammer that you've linked to is pretty good at concealing things inside other objects (like for smuggling things), but it's probably not something that is going to make your ship stealthy (if that's your goal). I might also consider the sensor scrambler or the 220-SIG Tactical Sensor Jamming Device as other options.

Michael Shado said:
Upped the guns Made it longer: 300 meters Short: 100 meters (though this makes me feel like the hangar is much bigger than what I am saying in the submission)
The size basically makes this a frigate, which is cool, but that changes the armament rating some more. An armament rating of 4 based on the template is roughly equivalent to 20 turbolasers and 30 quad laser cannons.

I'd probably change the armament to that. Alternatively, you could just use an armament rating of "4" and remove the exact weapons listing. When it comes into a roleplay then, you could roleplay it as being armed with laser cannons.

[member="Michael Shado"], the maximum dimension for a corvette in length, height, or width is 200 meters. Here's the exact wording on the template, which also has some examples from other corvettes (You can find this all here, just in case you didn't know).

Length: (Via Metric System. Max: 200 meters. Examples: Defender Class Light Corvette: 94 meters, CR92a Assassin-Class Corvette: 139.25 Meters, Marauder Class Corvette: 195 meters)

Width: (Via Metric System. Max: 200 meters. Examples: Defender Class Light Corvette: 34.7 meters, CR92a Assassin-Class Corvette: 58.95 Meters, Marauder Class Corvette: 131 meters)

Height: (Via Metric System. Max: 200 meters. Examples: Defender Class Light Corvette: 29 meters, CR92a Assassin-Class Corvette: 16.97 Meters, Marauder Class Corvette: 22 meters)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom