Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mentalism?

Haytham Kaze

Judge, Judgury, Judgecutioner
Vanitas's boots hit the ground outside of his ship.

It was the planet of Ruusan. Vanitas had ventured there once before, and that had been when the Triumvirate had wanted to seize the planet for their own gains. To strip it from the hands of the Techno Union. He hadn't cared for the reason then of why they had been doing it, and he certainly didn't care for them now after the fact. Instead, Vanitas here for one thing, and one thing only.

And that was to learn how to utilize the Force in a way that he never had in the past.

Mentally. Force attacks on the mind, defending the mind. Anything. He imagined there were some sorts of Sith spells that he could learn from his newly found potential teacher. Though, he had yet to meet him. Or her. Their mutual who was the liaison between the both of them wasn't entirely clear on what their gender had been. He presumed he would've done the same when speaking of him to whoever the mentor was meant to be.

What better planet to learn how to better utilize the Force than Ruusan? A planet that had been home to plenty of battles, and had countless nexuses within the Force. Their chosen location for learning, none other than the Valley where the thought bomb had gone off so long ago.

A good enough location.

All he had to do was wait, no matter how impatient he grew to be.

[member="Kära Vi'dreya"]

The less he knew, the better.

Kära had purposely left out any personal information as she always had done, and always would. Training was not about her as an individual, but the person who had sought it out. She could have been a child for all they knew, or as old as the Galaxy itself, and it wouldn't have changed the fact that she had something to teach, and they had something to learn.

Ruusan wasn't a world she'd visited in a long time. She had almost declined the request to come and train yet another student in the ways of mentalism, but following Farana she still felt an insatiable need to purge herself of all the frustrations she was feeling, of the loss she had suffered. Farana had helped, but she needed more.

She had not been back home to Midvinter yet. No doubt Thyrian was worried, but this was something she needed to do. He had lost, too, she knew that, and the realization made her feel terrible, but there would be time enough to mourn together. Right now she needed to straighten out her own mind so that she didn't become a blight on her new home.

It did not take long for Kära to reach the valley. She was dressed in a pure white dress, hair pulled back, eyes set in determination. She had oiled her joints, so to speak, back on Farana... Brushed the dust away from her teaching capabilities.

Now it was time to see who it was she would be helping this day.

[member="Haytham Kaze"]

Haytham Kaze

In his time waiting, Vanitas only closed his eyes. He worked his jaw back and forth as he imagined what his teacher would be like. But he soon stopped, assumptions weren't always the best thing. Especially when you were a Sith. They could get you killed, and the Sith Knight wasn't too keen on being bisected.

Even if it was deserved.

Feeling a presence approaching, he shot a look over his shoulder as he opened up his eyes and set his gaze n the woman garbed in white. He paused for a moment, hesitating. That had certainly been an unexpected teacher but he took it in stride as he offered a respectful tip of his head and holding it for a few moments before he wrapped the Force around his mind protectively. The essentials anyway. Like his name, where he came from, and anything that was relatively important in his past.

He cleared his throat.

"What am I to call you?"

[member="Kära Vi'dreya"]

Fortunately for Kaytham, Kära wasn't the same Sith she had once been. There would be no bisecting, no violence of any kind really... Of course, he wouldn't know that. Perhaps it would work in her favour if she left him to believe it was a very real possibility, though.

He was stood there with his eyes closed when she arrived, no doubt trying to stretch his senses and pick up on anything the naked eye may not have been able to. At least that's what it looked like he was doing, for all she knew he was trying to take a nap.

As his eyes opened and he looked upon her Kära could sense the Force at work. Had she truly wanted to, she could have broken through his defenses without so much as breaking a sweat. But that wasn't who she was anymore. Let him have his mystery, let her keep her own.

What was he to call her? Master would not do, she was not his Master. The days of 'My Lord' were over. She wasn't a Sith Lord, like she had once been. Her name wouldn't do, she didn't want this following her around the Galaxy. So what was it to be?

"Call me what you will, names and titles matter not. I don't need to know your name, either."

Her hands settled down at her back as she glanced over her student, taking in his appearance. Typical would-be Sith. What was she expecting?

"Tell me, what is it you hope to achieve here?"

[member="Haytham Kaze"]

Haytham Kaze

Vanitas, or rather Haytham was curious to know who the woman before him was. She seemed 'nice' enough, though was that even a real word in his world anymore? It was likely her attire and the almost innocent look that he imagined was on her face as he made eye contact with her. When she had finally said that names weren't important, that his own wasn't important, something uncoiled within him and he didn't know what it was. It was akin to how he felt when he spoke with Joza.

A realization about himself, but he forgot that as he listened to the next part of what she had to say.

"This Galaxy is in a constant state of war and chaos. I want to bring about the change that'll bring Order to the Galaxy. Peace." He tilts his head to the side as he crosses his muscular arms over his chest, though his black robes that concealed the armour and figure underneath certainly didn't help his non-verbal showing off of his muscles. "From here? From you? I hope for nothing." Hope was for the weak. And he made sure, day in and day out, that he was anything but.

"I need the tools to better myself. To strengthen myself. To learn more about..." He was close to saying 'myself,' he wondered if she knew that as he finished with, "Everything."

[member="Kära Vi'dreya"]

Another Sith hoping to bring Order to the Galaxy through a firm hand. It almost made her laugh, had she not sought after the very same in her prime? Before the fall of the Sith Empire, after the fall... Had that not been her main goal?

It had taken her far too long to realize that the Galaxy did not want Order. That its people would fight over a grain of sand if they saw enough reason to.

"Peace is a lie" she reminded him, before shaking her head. That wasn't something she believed in anymore. The Sith Code she had once ingrained into the mind of a student. The Sith Code she had taught multiple youths, had come to believe in its entirety. No more. She had found her peace, though the Galaxy remained in Chaos.

Peace could only be achieved on a personal level, and only if you allowed yourself to feel it.

"If you hope for nothing, then why should I assist you?"

[member="Haytham Kaze"]

Haytham Kaze

Haytham had no idea what she was thinking in that head of hers. If he had, he may have agreed, or may not have. But he was still determined to do his part in the Galaxy, to do his part in helping as many people as he could. Whether he was a Sith or Jedi didn't matter, they were just titles... Names that were created long before his time, and names that he wanted to be forgotten.

"Don't quote the Code of the Sith to me." He didn't say it rudely, he didn't say it kindly either. He had just... said it. He didn't need to hear it, did it even have a purpose in this situation.

"Do you truly believe hope is real? It doesn't really mean anything. It's a false power that for some reason holds sway over people." He tilts his head, looking away from her for a moment, those grey eyes widening as he came to understood. "Though I realize you hadn't meant it in that way." She had meant want to achieve. "Do you have a family, No Name?" He would've waited for an answer, and whether or not she answered or not, he would've continued on to speak.

"I don't. Not anymore. But other people do. Above all else, I want to protect those that are close to me." Friends... As limited as they are. "Are you able to help me help others?"

[member="Kära Vi'dreya"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom