Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Menagerie-Class Drop Pod Carrier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
Helghast_crusier.jpg
(Image from Killzone)​

[DEVELOPMENT]
__Not Applicable
[MANUFACTURER]
__Ri'ess Regal Drives
[MODEL]
__Menagerie-Class Drop Pod Carrier
[CLASSIFICATION]
__Frigate
[AFFILIATION]
__The Republic
[DIMENSIONS]
__Length: 368 meters
__Width: 122 meters
__Height: 71 meters
[MODULARITY]
__Unknown
[PRODUCTION]
__Mass-Produced
____200
[CONSTRUCTION]
__Durasteel Frame
__Titanium Alloy Chassis
__Misc. other metals and compounds
[ROLE]
__Drop Pod Carrier / Tactical Insertion
[POWERPLANT]
__(4) RRDI Menagerie Ion Engines
__(2) Hypermatter Annihilation Reactors
__(1) KDY Primary Hyperdrive Reactor
[HYPERDRIVE RATING]
__Class 1.0
[MINIMUM CREW]
__152
[COMPLIMENT]
_ 1,084
____62 Essential Crew Personnel
____90 Operational Crew Personnel
____800 Stationary Crew Personnel
____132 Expedition Corps Shock Troopers
[ARMAMENT]
____Carrier Frigate Grade
__(8) Quad Laser Turrets
__(12) Point Defense Emplacements
__(4) Turbolaser Guns
[HANGAR]
____(n|a) Frigate Grade
__(22) Arbitrator Drop Pods (11 port/starboard)
[NON-COMBAT EQUIPMENT]
__Relativistic Shielding
__Frigate Class Ray Shield
__Frigate Class Particle Shield
__Anything else that belongs on a standard Frigate
[PASSENGER CAPACITY]
__40 Non-Essentials
[CARGO CAPACITY]
__12 mt. Rations
__40 mt. General Cargo
[SUBLIGHT SPEED / MANEUVERABILITY]
__Speed: Class 6.0
__Maneuverability: Class 6.0
[DESCRIPTION]
__The Menagerie-Class Frigate/Drop Pod Carrier is a fast, lightweight war vessel designed to carry troops from the Expedition Corps (Marines) and tactically insert them into conflict zones from outer orbit, making a quick and effective means of bypassing orbital defenses. However, the Menageries themselves are vulnerable to fighter and battleship attack, thus fleets of them are generally spearheaded by larger capital ships at higher altitude.
[INTENT]
__To flesh out the Royal Navy and Marine Expedition Corps fleets for the turn to Major in the coming two weeks.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
@[member="Fabula Cavataio"] No, nothing is abandoned. It's just that I'm getting the runaround with the app for Major status and these were to be mass produced IIRC. So it's not my fault, I didn't know it would take this long. Sorry. Ya only go major once, so it won't happen again! ^^;

Jaxton Ravos

Mindwalker of the Outer Rim
@[member="Alachei Mnemenos"]

As this ship doesn't exceed 400m in any direction you do not need major faction status to mass-produce. Is this ready to be judged now that the drop pods are approved?

Jaxton Ravos

There are a bit too many drop pods in my opinion, at least considering that you have a balanced loadout. I'd like you to edit the total amount of pods to ten, or switch over to a carrier loadout with your armaments. Back-up hyperdrives are a no-no without a dev thread and aren't allowed to be better than a 10. Speed and maneuverability in our system are one stat, not two, which doesn't matter here as you have them the same, but should be noted for future submissions. Modularity needs to be specified, Cargo and Consumable capacity need to be added as well. Finally, the minimum and optimal crew numbers need a bit of bumping up. A typical frigate is defined by wookiepedia as having a minimum crew of about two hundred bodies, and an optimal crew of about a thousand bodies. Your numbers should reflect this. Once those are fixed everything should be good.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
I cannot reduce the pod capacity as I meaured them realistically. However, what I can do is increase the ship size and even further up the crew. I will give it Carrier loadout though. Cool?
I'll work on everything else later today.
@[member="Jaxton Ravos"]

Nyxie

【夢狐】
@[member="Jaxton Ravos"] I was aware.
Anyways, none of those were drop pod carriers and all of those were measured on a different system than ours.
However, everything you've asked has been done. The armament was set to Carrier, the crew was almost doubled (a thousand people won't fit in a ship this size due to the pods, nor are that many needed on a typically non-combat vessel), and the cargo/food capacity was added (in metric tons).

Nyxie

【夢狐】
@[member="Jaxton Ravos"] A crew any bigger simply won't fit a ship this size and shape; it's not possible without stripping other things out, and it's just not necessary. x___x

There's only be a couple gunners per weapon. Maybe a small unit, depending on the size and feed of the gun.
Each pod, occupants aside, would only need routine checking and maintenance on a case to case basis as each pod is its own functioning mechanism. 22 pods. Maybe 2-4 maintenance and operation crewmen needed per pod.
Piloting of such a small craft would only need a handful, and a full outfit of 20 or less should be able to fully operate all its flight and control systems in either regard.
That's about 120-150 people; the same as the currently listed essential and operational crew.

From an engineering standpoint, I just can't go adding needless passengers without a reason, especially given the space constraint caused by the occupancy of the pods and their crew and armament. I understand the comparison to wookie, despite what I stated in my previous post. Though I need a valid reason(s).

Edit: The entire nose is almost solely dedicated to pod housing and preparation. 40% of the fuselage is engine and powerplant. Where do all these unnecessary extras fit in all this?

Jaxton Ravos

Firstly, I'm an Engineer myself, and I could make a model for you of how big the ship is, how big an average person is, how much you'd expect various fictional devices to be in size but instead I'm going to just tell you this thing has a volume of 3187616 m^3 and the average volume of a human is going to be around 2-3 m^3. You can state all of the scales and calculations you wish, but you're not going to get anywhere with them. Reality is only part of the equation in a submission. Balance and reality have a give and take to allow us the best combination that we can attain in roleplay. If you've ever played Halo you've probably used their M90 shotgun. Their shotgun is actually less efficient than several military shotguns in production today in reloading, force generated, range etc, but those are all curbed in the name of having a balanced game. Similarly I'm asking you to have the average manpower required in a frigate in Canon. Put it at 200 and 1000 and @me when you're done.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
fc2b3a0374f5d51042dd8764e9eac5c724ea966133dec95bb40f9b5d57b677eb.jpg

*blinks* Very impressive. Was not expecting that. Very true - this is a about roleplaying and fun, not simulating every little detail. Everything is edited. @[member="Jaxton Ravos"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom