Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved NPC Mechanized Tenloss Security

Status
Not open for further replies.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
Name: Mechanized Tenloss Security
Intent: To create a Tenloss Security unit that utilizes the vehicles and tanks made by Tenloss to protect Tenloss assets and interests.
Affiliation: Tenloss Corporation, Popo.
Availability: Rare
Type: Armored/Mechanized
Strength:
  • 6x R-10 Medium Tanks
  • 2x R-10-8 Medium Tanks
  • 2x R-10-AA Tanks
  • 1x Skocha-class Main Battle Tank
  • 12x Stinger Speeder Bikes (ridden by the foot soldiers)
  • 60 Tenloss Security soldiers
Description:

With armored combat and heavy machinery on the rise, the need for their own armored units rose as well. Popo, understanding this need, organized specialized units of Tenloss Security to defend Tenloss assets and interests against this rising threat.

The soldiers of the mechanized security forces are hand picked from the top applicants and pushed through strenuous and rigorous training. Less than twenty percent make it through training before being assigned to a mechanized unit.

The armored units fielded by Tenloss utilize corporate assets for ease of repair and maintenance as well as lower costs. Each unit is comprised of six R-10 tanks, two R-10-8 tanks, two R-10-AA Tanks, one Skocha tank, twelve Stinger bikes, and sixty foot soldiers.

The concept was to create a mixed fighting force capable of conducting reconnaissance, offensive maneuvers, defensive roles, and acting independently from main units. Typically, the unit commander rides in either the Skocha or one of the R-10-8s. The unit is trained to fight as a cohesive group and few enemy units are capable of standing before the combined arms fielded against them.

Links:

So, I don't know if this is on purpose...but if you were to man all of the tanks in this company, in the maximum amount described here, along the optimum numbers, you would have 79 people on a bike or in a tank. Put yourself in the shoes of that last dude...not cool.

Anyway, my main comment has to do with your numbers distribution. The guideline/templates lists the typical number of artillery and tanks in a company to be roughly 10% of the total. As it stands, you currently have just over 25% in ratio of artillery/tanks to person. The fact that you can barely operate at optimum should point to this being an issue (as you always plan for optimum and buffer it). You want people on the ground to scout forward, get into nooks and crannies, and deal with smaller issues that can't be resolved by less flexible artillery groups. For instance, the Armored Brigade Combat Team in the U.S. has roughly 6% percent of the 'number' of units of the group dedicated to heavy artillery or tanks. I realize this is a wiki page and I realize that that team is broken up into smaller units, but the units are evenly dispersed. What I need from you is this:

1. Take the number of units down, artillery and tank wise. The balance is a bit off and nothing is going to stop you, if push came to shove, of you putting multiple companies together in tandem. Though if you do that, I'd like you to consider the logistics of such a heavy movement (fuel cost, maintenance, etc, though I'm sure I don't need to tell you that).
  2. "The unit is trained to fight as a cohesive group and few enemy units are capable of standing before the combined arms fielded against them." Don't let this go to your head. In the end, it's all about the writing ;)
  3. Just out of curiosity: How do you transport these units? If you don't mind describing that, in detail, I would appreciate it.
Thanks,
[member="Popo"]

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
[member="Reverance"]
I was operating off of German and Soviet organizations from WWII as most of my tanks are WWII inspired (R-10s are obviously shermans while the Skocha was dual inspired by the Tiger I and M1 Abrams). I did, however, drop the max listing and instead left it at the minimum standard listed. The minimum standard is roughly 11 total vehicles, which is two less than the Soviet organization prior to the 1980s and one more than the post 1980s standardization. I also dropped the number of infantry by twenty and specified that the ground troopers scout using the stingers, not that the stingers come with their own operators.

Reverance said:
"The unit is trained to fight as a cohesive group and few enemy units are capable of standing before the combined arms fielded against them." Don't let this go to your head. In the end, it's all about the writing
Always.

Reverance said:
Just out of curiosity: How do you transport these units? If you don't mind describing that, in detail, I would appreciate it.
The same way people transport vehicles normally. Shuttles and landers. I use generic, generally unarmed ones as Tenloss rarely needs to drop into a hot LZ and hasn't as of yet.

Fair points on all accounts. [member="Popo"]

"at least, six R-10 tanks, two R-10-8 tanks, two R-10-AA Tanks, one Skocha tank, twelve Stinger bikes, and sixty foot soldiers." Take out that bold part to match your strengths and I think we'll be gravy, pending any other random things I notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom