Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mechanical Aspirations

The darkness lays ever near the light.
RiuWlDJ.jpg
Denon
13:57
Denon, the heart and sole of the Metal Lords. Darren had never been here before, nor even strayed this far from Silver Jedi Space. He had heard many good things about the Metal Lords - a strong droid faction where every member ruled their own army - they each decided their own destiny. He was impressed with what they had built, even more so by the fact that they were mere droids.

But perhaps that is why they were so successful? They felt no pain, no emotion. They had none of the qualities that restrained the warm-blooded for so many years. They were machines - both literally and figuratively.

The Zabrak was here on this day to secure a new location where he could set up a subsidiary Torr Industries - Torr Droids and Cybernetics. He figured that the Metal Lords would be interested in this new venture even if no one else was - so Denon was a good place to start. Darren had secured a meeting with one of the more powerful lords - [Member="HK-36"]. He knew that if anyone could help him find somewhere to start - he could.

The man couldn't say he was particularly comfortable walking through the crowds of droids in their capital - he felt like an oddity. Alas, he struggled through the streets until he reached their agreed rendezvous point.

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
[member="Darren Torran"],

Denon would not be as filled with droids as Darren may have expected, at least not completely. When the Metal Lords arrived in this sector of space, as suddenly as they did, they did not actually replace the government of Denon with their own or replaced their population with free droids. There was an influx of emancipated droids migrating to the city-planet, sure, but when HK came down to Denon, with a group of Metal Lord representatives in tow, he struck a deal with the Prime Minister of Denon. The Denon government will remain in rule of the planet, a Metal Lord will rule over its orbit above the surface and the Metal Lords will launch massive projects to expand Denon's commercial and industrial sector. In return, the Prime Minister swore allegiance to HK, who took upon him title of Iron Lord Protector Above Denon. The terms of this bargain would be very much visible, as the new commercial projects translated into quick and massive expansion of new companies popping up in Metal Lord space, the droids seeming very interested in exploiting the major hyperlanes that ran through their capital planet, and Denon now being surrounded by a massive ring of stations and ships.

While at first a troubling sight, reminiscent of siege lines laying waste to planets during war, most of the ships in Denon's orbit were civilian, large derelict vessels and spacehulks now being ripped apart and converted into industrial space stations, whether as ports for merchants and travelers passing through, or the beginnings of Denon's first orbital shipyards constructed by droids in accordance to their practices of taking wreckage and scavenged constructs to strip them and reuse them to build new manifestations of steel and their salvage ingenuity.

But yes, while Denon remained somewhat the same since before the Metal Lords arrived, perhaps with just a bit more droids walking around its surface, the true new addition was the Droid Kingdom now hanging overhead in the planet's orbit.

Either way, when Darren would arrive to the meeting spot, he would be silently guided by Abregado-forged infantry drones, in appearance very much resembling armored skeletal warriors of charred metal, towards a conference room. Once the door would open he would be greeted by the sight of the rather large room with an elongated oval conference table in the middle and his host, HK-36, sitting by one of the chairs. The ancient droid would stand up when Darren entered the room, greeting him with,

"Darren Torran, I appreciate your punctuality and welcome you to Denon. I am the Iron Lord Protector Above Denon, you may call me by my original designation, HK-36."

The droid would motion then towards one of the seats by the conference table,

"Please, sit down and tell me why you wished to speak with me. My aids told me this is related to some sort of a business venture?"

HK asked as he moved to sit back down. The droid, now that Darren could see him up close, was rather slender, although tall, elongated in a war, and reminiscent of the way his guards and servants looked in that the machine seemed to resemble an inhumane skeleton covered in armored plates. Most of it was hidden underneath his heavy black cloak, of course, but the light faceplate like polished bone would be uncovered, looking at Darren with its two crimson glowing photoreceptors. If Darren knew of such things he would be able to tell that the faceplate was forged out of Phrik, and from the looks of it, so was the thin long neck that connected to the droid's head and disappeared within the confines of his cloak. AS the droid went to sit down a movement in his cloak reveled that beneath the machine wore a black armored suit of fleshy and very much organic substance. From the looks of it, it appeared Vong in nature.

The darkness lays ever near the light.
"It's a pleasure to finally meet your acquaintance, Lord HK-36. I have to say - I'm extremely impressed with how much you have accomplished within such a small time." Darren took a seat. "I appreciate you meeting with me on such short notice - I do apologise for that. The idea that I had came to me rather quickly and I wished for it to come to fruition as soon as possible."

The Zabrak man was wearing his new business suit - the one he had bought after what happened at Krayiss II. He still remembered the day well. This day his whole life changed. Darren had discovered many things on this day, his force sensitivity one of the most prominent. He saved people instead of killing them - it was a good feeling. He didn't want that feeling to go away. Alas, his job made it so it had to. It was unfortunate - but unavoidable.

The man reached into his pack, bringing out a large book. "I'm here today - as you said - to pitch a business proposition. "Torr Droids and Cybernetics". I've had many ideas over the past few months for different and unique droids - though the location of my company currently does not have enough call for droids - nor the proper facilities to manufacture them. So, I've come to you."

[Member="HK-36"]

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
[member="Darren Torran"],

"Oh, thank you, well we have been preparing for this for a while actually. Almost since we first left our initial planet and took to traveling the hyperlanes at the edge of the Galaxy we arose with a need for more facilities and resources, to update and expand our fleets, both military and commercial alike."

HK explained before listening to why Darren had the need to come before them, nodding at his own explanation,

"Of course, that could be doable, Denon is still a free planet, although they work with us closely the Metal Lord domain is above the planet, in the stations now held within its orbit, on the ground their Prime Minister still reigns. Companies would find a home here easily, you are free to try and carve your life among the capitalists. Although I suppose you are not here just to find a spot to settle your industry in our territory, you wish for us to sponsor you as well?"

The droid would lean back in his chair, looking over Darren,

"If that is so, are you in any way familiar with how the Metal Lords govern their system and the Code we go by?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom