Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Me, The Blade, and the Peace Therein (OPEN)

It'd been awhile since I'd come into the Voss temple. Not to say I'd become a Dark Jedi or anything but I enjoyed my privacy and the fact that I had a place of my own. Riding through the jungles of Voss garbed in a cream colored tunic and with my Beskar cuirass over my chest and back I sped towards the hangars.

As I pulled in and parked my swoop I clipped my helmet to the controls and locked it down. Taking the lift to one of the training areas I stepped out into a corridor that led to an outdoor training field. Pulling my combat trident from the magnetic lock on my back I walked onto the grassy field and began working my way through an Echani staff form.

Hopefully I wouldn't be here for hours on end by myself. It'd taken more than some might think to come back to the temple and train in any way of combat. The last two romantic partners I'd had had come of training together. I didn't want to be hurt again but if someone new were here looking for only a training partner I could deal with that...

[member="Ethen Syll"]

The temple on Voss was, sadly, alot like the other temples Ethen had studied at. Besides the architecture, it was filled with the same know it all masters and wide eyed padawan like the rest of 'em. But maybe he hadn't given it enough time yet and instead of high tailing it out of there he would wait.

Searching for something to do Ethen walked down the long corridor toward the training fields. Unraveling his flowing brown cloak and grabbing hold of his lightsaber, Ethen began mentally preparing himself. "Emotion, yet peace.."

Finally stepping through the threshold to the field Ethen surveyed the area all around him. He was hoping to be alone but instead he found something much more interesting, an older jedi swinging around a trident. It was a little bewildering at first, totally taking Ethen off guard and making him lose his focus. He had never seen someone use that form of weapon up close before and in a blind hunger to understand he advanced toward the woman.

"What's that you have there?" Ethen cracked a slight smile. "Are you some kind of jedi fisherman?"

[member="Celiana"]

I heard the words of belief before I saw the young man enter the field. Emotion yet peace.... Hmmm interesting. As he made his way onto the field and approached me I heard him say "What's that you have there? Are you some kind of Jedi fisherman?" A smirk made its way onto my face and I said, "The Master only wish... the weapon I'm using is a much more aggresive version of an Echani weapon. It's made of phrik so that it can be used against saber wielders."

Smoothly transferring the trident in a spinning flourish to my left hand I triggered the controls extending it out to its full six foot length. The spearhead tips glinting in the sunlight I extended my right hand and said, "Celiana Drayven a pleasure to meet you. Emotion yet peace...interesting concept though darkness yet light maybe is more appropriate for me. It could definitely be applied to The Order."

Giving him a warm smile I said, "Not that the tenants of The Code aren't wise to live by...I take it though that you might be interested in learning about a weapon other than sabers and that you're not here for philosophy...If you care to learn then perhaps a match would be in order?"

[member="Ethen Syll"]

"..If you care to learn then perhaps a match would be in order?"

The words hit his ears and a primal instincton set it. It was subtle, Ethen's right leg slowly crept back as he began starting to ground himself on it. With the smile slowly fading away from his face in anticipation of the duel he replied. "My names Ethen Syll, good to meet you. And your right, I'm no philosopher." He narrowed his sight down on his soon to be sparring partner. "And I did come here to learn something new." Ethen swiftly brought his leg back, bending his knee. "So I guess if you think you can handle me," He squeezed on the external lever of his weapon and the shimmering blue blade erupted from inside. "Bring it on."

Ethen blasted forward with reckless abandonment. As he closed in he held his saber high above his head and with two hands attempted to bring it straight down on Celiana's head. They were close to each other so his new friend would have to act fast if she didn't want to singe her hairs on Ethen's blade.

Edit: Forgot to [member="Celiana"]

I could see him begin to ground his leg and then after making his introduction bringing it back. Smiling I saw that he'd probably launch himself and bring the saber down and I wasn't disappointed. He launched himself into the air and attempted to bring his saber down in a two handed blow. He was going for power and as he'd launched himself I'd triggered one of the blades in a hook. As he came down I spun my trident and caught his boot jerking the blade back towards me offsetting his balance just enough to have him take a tumble backwards.

As he fell I retracted the blade and spun the trident shaft so that the razor keen arrowhead spear point rested less than an inch from his throat. Looking him in the eye as he lay there I said, "Dead. You telegraphed as well as sacrificed footing for power. Nice try though..." My confidence and skill with blades irritated quite a few people. Being trained in the Echani ways and the Mando'ade ways made me very capable with bladed weapons but also angered others at how easy it seemed to be for me.

If I took it easy though odds were this young man Ethen would come to deal with an enemy he wasn't prepared to face. Selena always used to say the more you sweated in training the less you'd bleed in combat...I hoped Ethen would adapt and rise to meet my blades again...

[member="Ethen Syll"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom