Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Location Maw Construction Group: Bakura Factory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Maw Construction Group Bakura Factory

Image: http://www.3dtotal.com/admin/new_cropper/gallery_originals/3219.jpg

Image Source: http://www.3dtotal.com/galleries/image/Sci-Fi/3219-the-arc-sci-fi-corridor-by-stefan-morrell-scifi-corridor-pipes-hose-door-girder-industrial-3dsmax

Classification: Headquarters/Factory

Affiliation: Maw Construction Group

Population:

(Permanent)
2,500 Factory Workers, 500 Managers and Support Staff, 100 Security Staff, 10 Administrators

(Max Capacity)

Defenses:

100x Sentinel Droids(Will develop own droid later)
Fully walled facility

Points of Interest:

The Factories
Research and Development
Security Centre
Dormitories
Head Office
Conference Rooms

Description:

The Factories - Each factory is assigned different areas of manufacturing. The first factory is devoted to basic parts, the second makes electronic parts, the third assembles the parts for buildings before being shipped, the fourth factory is for special orders.

Research and Development - A series of labs and offices for research and development of goods. The R&D department usually has minimal staff, only reaching normal size when new technologies are requested to be developed.

Security Centre - Where droids are serviced and all security are stationed. The entire facility is walled and there are security checkpoints and patrols that go constantly in shifts.

Dormitories - There are dormitories provided for the workers living in the factory. Dormitories are separated so that people do not have romantic relations in the workplace. The dormitories are all in a single building complex with complete facilities provided. The dormitories are required for the workers so that workers are do not divulge secrets.

Head Office - The Head Office contains the private quarters of the Head Administrator and a conference room for the Head Administrators(TBD) of Maw Construction Group.

Conference Rooms - Rooms to arrange sales with clients, large projects are requested to arrange a direct meeting with the Head Administrator.

History:

Started off as an empty factory previously owned by bankrupted Merchant on Bakura. It has since been renovated and the boundaries of the facility have expanded to other factories in the area. Heveticus Maw began to expand his base of operations, desiring to increase the output of his goods and services. As he had recently completed a contract in the same system, he felt that he could take advantage in the sector to keep an eye on the research base on Bakura-6 and have some stake in it before he acquires it. Having a decent base of operations in the system will be beneficial for a planned colony to be placed on Bakura-6 over the remains of the long destroyed colony.

Intent: To build a factory and office for Maw Construction Group

[member="Heveticus Maw"]

For starters, you have a direct link to an image for your image source. Typically people post the image in the post, and place a link to the webpage it came from within the image source. If you would please clean that up, I'd appreciate it.

Secondly, I noticed that you're using the military base template. Is there a particular reason that you chose to do so? A manufacturing facility, even with security forces, doesn't usually require the use of the military base template. If you did this because you want to specify more than "standard security" as you're doing with the droids, then I can understand your decision.

Incidentally, if you're doing a facility that's heavily fortified, which I believe is what you're implying, then we usually require some sort of development thread. Facilities with defenses beyond the basic can have a substantial impact on story. Combining your defenses with the size of the facility (7700 permanent residents in a largely automated facility means this place is gigantic), I'm going to ask for a minimum of a 10 post development thread. If you had more substantial defenses I'd ask for more, but you don't so I'm fine with 10.

The first three sentences of your description should really be in your history. Both sections are pretty sparse and could do with some fleshing out. I'd suggest elaborating on just what the facility does within the description and what the employees do. In the history, talk more in depth about why the facility is needed, why the location was chosen, problems it faced in being completed, things like that.

Let me know when you've done these things or if you have questions.

Made a post previously that seems to have disappeared.

I have made improvements. I currently do not wish to have development thread, but I do wish to improve it later with a thread.

[member="Darth Ignus"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom