Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Vehicle MAT - Mercenary Attack Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Shado

Alor of Clan Shado
idw___main_battle_tank_by_hideyoshi.jpg

Image Source: http://turbosolovey.deviantart.com/art/IDW-Main-Battle-Tank-73085367

Intent: To create a heavy hitting tank for Clan Shado for when they go into high risk missions

Development Thread: If needed

Manufacturer: Clan Shado

Model: MAT-I

Affiliation: Clan Shado
Modularity: No

Production: Semi-Unique

Material: Durachrome Skeletal Frame, Mirrsteel Hulls

Role: Assault Tank

Height: 10 meters

Length: 4 meters

Width: 7 meters

Weight: 25 tons

Minimum Crew: 2

Optimal Crew: 3

Propulsion: Repulsorlift

Top Speed: 40 KM/H

Armaments: Heavy Blaster Cannon

Squadron Count: 1

Passenger Capacity: 0

Cargo Capacity: N/A

Misc. Equipment: N/A

Strengths:
+ Heavy Hitting Tank, can punch through thick walls
+ Heavy & Durable, can go through most walls with ease
+ Strong & Thick armor
Weaknesses:
- Slow
- No Shielding
- Slow 360 swivel gun

Description: The MAT was designed to strike fear into the hearts of those who were up against Clan Shado, cause who's suspecting a merc band to have a big tank? It hit's like a AT-AT, goes through anything, and can take hits like a champ. The only problem? This thing is slower than a Bantha, and the 360 swivel of the gun is like watching a granny cross the road. A'll in all, this tank is meant to be well balanced, and the cavalry when the fighting becomes to thick. It needs a pilot, a person to fire the weapon, and someone to give coordinates to where to aim the weapon.

Primary Source: N/A

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Michael Shado

Alor of Clan Shado
[member="Gir Quee"]

So did some quick research on this...and I don't know if I understand this correctly....is a Laser Cannon stronger than a Blaster Cannon?

And it would be the AT-ST's cannon, which I assume is strong enough to take on other vehicles?

Michael Shado said:
So did some quick research on this...and I don't know if I understand this correctly....is a Laser Cannon stronger than a Blaster Cannon?
There is some overlap in damage abilities, but in general, laser cannons tend to be more powerful than blaster cannons. Blaster cannons typically have a higher rate of fire with individual bolts being less damaging than those of laser cannons. I generally treat them as being equivalent in power to each other.

Michael Shado said:
And it would be the AT-ST's cannon, which I assume is strong enough to take on other vehicles?
The main blaster cannons on the AT-ST (the chin blasters) are definitely able to take on other vehicles. The light twin blaster cannons mounted on the left side of the walker probably wouldn't do much good against vehicles, since they appear to optimized to take on enemy personnel.

Just for reference, here is kind of a similar vehicle to your own.

Michael Shado

Alor of Clan Shado
[member="Gir Quee"]

Hmm, that is an interesting tank indeed, but I went with a blaster cannon, and added the link to it for reference.

I did find a list of blaster cannons mounted to vehicles but that I would have chosen was pretty over-powered so I just with a generic heavy blaster cannon meant for vehicle vs vehicle fighting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom