Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Masters Xander Carrick v Coci Heavenshield

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the combatants enter the arena, a silence falls over the audience of Jedi gathered to watch the tournament. They are guided to the raised platform in the center of the room, and each will turn toward the end of the room and bow their respects to Grand Master Thurion Heavenshield.
They are reminded of the virtues of a fair fight, of honour, valour and respect.
When this is completed, the sound of a gong echoes through the Dojo, a sign for the combatants to salute each other and take stance.
[member="Xander Carrick"] v Coci Heavenshield

Striding into the arena, walking to the side of the raised platform, Coci shot a quick glance toward the far wall with a small grin on her face as she looked for [member="Thurion Heavenshield"]. Half way along the large room, she stopped and removed her black long coat and foldered it, she had found Master [member="Maya Whitelight"], there to watch her beloved. "You mind holding this for me?" she addressed Maya with a smile and a wink. "I don't want to get any of Xander's blood on this it will ruin the buff", and she added, "I promise I will not hurt him too much".

Coci is back to fighting fit after the birth of their child, her body better for it, much stronger and able to resist pain, after all that is what a woman's body is designed for. Her curves have changed somewhat, hips a little wider which eccentuated her small waist and her chest more voluptuous, it had taken a little effort to climb into her old black body suit and zip it up, she would have to get a new soon.

In reality, Coci is about to face one of her nearest and dearest friends, and someone most strong and powerful in the force and a formidible opponent. She stood by Maya and checked her weapon, the only weapon she would use today, her purple bladed lightsaber, of course she had the added weapon of all her force abilities to add to the manifest. Coci set her saber to the lowest setting, this is a friendly after all.

Her black leather boots clipped over the raised platform, dulled by the soft reeds until she reached the center and turned toward Thurion. With a low bow at the waist, she gave her respects to the grand master and judge for the tournament. Once completed the protocols, Coci walked to the side taking her place and awaited Hammer Boy. She grinned at the name, she at least found it amusing.

The Deliciously Dangerous [member="Xander Carrick"]​

Oh this would be mighty interesting. Coci, a good friend of mine, a comrade in arms, as well as a council member like myself, facing off in a one on one fight for the tournament. While anybody else might have easily fallen under prey to my hammer, I knew she was slippery. As well, this was a friendly battle. One where maiming was on a low scale, but allowed, and death was not allowed. Considering a hammer was meant to break bones and shatter skulls. This was not a time and place for it. It sat at home.

However, I did have my lightsaber. A simple blue one. Using the standard Dantooine crystal before it had fallen under the rule of the Primeval. I had adjusted my own uniform. Using spacer leather and some bracers, the get up was form fitting for me. No sleeves would allow me to move to my highest ability. I still stood down on the side. Letting Coci enter on her side. Turning to her husband only to bow. Adjusting the nob on the lightsaber to produce almost a training lightsaber blade from the weapon.

I then walked up and turned to bow to the man as well. Letting him watch the fight between a friend, and his wife. However, I already knew who he was cheering for. Turning to see Maya off to the side, I knew that as soon as the battle was over, she would be healing the both of us, and anybody who happened to get into the fray by accident. I looked and smiled to her. Winking with my left eye, I then activated the blue lightsaber.

I could feel the hum in my ears and chest. It felt so good to me. Able to use such a prized weapon once more. I then turned to Coci. Breathing in deeply for a second, while closing my eyes. Releasing it with a heavy breath, I gave her a warriors salute with the saber. Letting the blue edge come so close to my face, only to yank it away with a rapid hum to be at my right side.

I stood confidently. Yet I was nervous. I had faced Rancors, a Terentatek, some nexu, Sith, Dark Jedi, and even fought off four Sith at the same time when I was an apprentice with the Imperial Remnant. And out of all of these, this woman scared me more than they ever did. And that meant something.

Stretching out my left arm, I raised my saber above my head, with the tip pointed towards the woman. Standing with my legs shoulder width apart, and my hand, beckoning for her to come at me. Even then, in this kind of situation, I had to joke.

"Cometh at thee, my sister."

A smile on my face, the entire time.

The Exalted [member="Coci Heavenshield"],​
The Ever Watching [member="Thurion Heavenshield"],​
The Breathtaking [member="Maya Whitelight"],​

Coci's theme song and mood setter
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJ7giMWCGIE​
The purple blade hissed into life before her face, for a long moment Coci regarded her opponant viewing him through the purple haze. Swiftly her saber, an extention of her arm, dropped in a sweeping arc to her side in returned salute, and she smiled at his gesture with beckoning fingers.

However, Coci began to prowl in front of him, back and forth and her eyes never leaving his. "You look pretty today Xander", she said as her eye brow twicked upward, "Like the get up".

All the while her mind considered all the possiblities she could employ against him, none of which would be fair or in the spirit of the occassion, all or rather most of her powers in the force are gear around disabling .. immediately, regardless of levels of skill of her ''enemy", but Xander is not this.

She took stance in front of him, his high saber a reminder of the past in a sense, of old form of combat with long swords an attack position on charge, but now modified in defense. Coci held her blade hilt double handed, summon the force to strength her arms and legs, and held it in front of her body the point of which directed at Xanders torso, right foot leading.

His words inviting her to strike however, "Ladies first", she shot back at him in jest with a smile and waited his strike.

[member="Xander Carrick"]​

Xander's Theme and Mood Setter
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-LI2b84aNw[/youtube]​

I looked pretty? Of all the words to me chosen it was pretty. I smiled brightly, and even more so when she took her own stance. Almost standard within the Jedi Core fighting styles. Meaning she could use just about any form she wanted right from the get go. I would have to be careful, and stick to my natural forms that I was best at. Which was like three of them.... Despite that, I would have to watch out for any tricks or even at the slightest, the change of stance or motion of the woman. She was cunning as a Sith, yet she fought for the light.

She offered for me to go first, saying ladies first. I wasn't going to waste the chance, but likely she was using to to see what form I would use from the start. Either I would go off with a bang, or start out simple. Instead, I did a mix. I bent my knees like a feral animal ready to pounce. I widen my arms pulling my elbow back and down just a little so instead of being over my head, it was at my neck level, and the actual hilt was behind me. And my open hand, literally open with the palm facing the woman much like a stop sign, I could feel the force flowing into my veins. As well as her own.

She was prepared. She was ready, but not for what I had in mind for later on. Might as well go with what I know best. Telekinesis. I focused down into my feet and legs. As well as within my mind. Pushing off with the speed to make my body a blur. I did almost a lunge forward. Pushing with my saber arm to act as though I were to stab her through, while my off hand pulled back. Only, my saber never reached her.

I came to a sudden stop having the saber just out of her own saber's reach. and switched my arms again. Using a telekinetic push to buff her back at least, and with a twist of my right hand, the lightsaber changed course, from a stab, to a to a slash at her left side. The follow through was transferred to swing back handed at her once more. If I needed to take her down, I needed to be tactical, as well as powerful. Sure, she was powerful too, but I had physical strength that I could use against her. I needed to attack not where she was at, but where she would be. I needed to think and act many steps ahead of her.

If I was to win this fight, then I would have to push her, and myself to the limits. Because there was no easy way for us to get out of this fight.

[member="Coci Heavenshield"]​

Wide open. Xander and Coci faced each other completely vivid in the force. She could sense him, feel his signature so familiar to her, and as she summon the power of the force to his body and focused it to form a telekinesis push she matched him. Coci knows of Xander's abilities some of them equal to her own and so the signs recognisable.

A feigned lunge she ignored, his intentions sang through the weaving force around them and she dropped a hand off her saber and her wall of telekinesis clashed with his. From the right came the sweeping strike to her left side, Coci set in position jumped backward and allowed his blade to pass between the two of them. Her arm had remained in position for the counter push but no wall of force she directed toward him, but a controlled spear aimed toward the upper arm which held his blade.

One handed and in an economical arc she swung her purple blade upward between his legs, he would have to think quick. And the two of them are only warming up.

[member="Xander Carrick"]​

The woman was already going to get me started. Countering my force push, and staying well on her feet, as well as sending a force push at me. While I had expected it to be a wave of a push, I came to find the push hit my arm like a sword. Natural reaction was to pull back, and I did, only I exaggerated it. Letting my right arm come all the way back. Naturally, I expected more, and she did come at me with some extra.

The saber came in an uppercut to come between my legs, However, with the stance that I was now in, The blade came to swing just inches from my body. With no resistance, it would likely swing higher than expected. With that in mind, as well as being right smack in the middle of a strike. She was exposing her saber side. Her arm would be reaching out, and I would be outside her reach, and she would be within mine.

My own saber was not where I wanted it, but I could deal with it. Instead, of directly using a force push against her. I swung my lightsaber under her own. If she tried to stop the blade from moving, I pushed. Using my own swing and twisting my hips, shoulders, and ankles to raise the sabers over my head, and over to my left side. Now I stood facing her with my saber off to my left, but in my right hand. Using this, I sent another back handed strike at her.

Idle hands are the devils work. or so they say. As such, my left hand would not be left out of this. Sending a force push not at Coci's chest, but at her legs. Sure the saber could reach there to react, but the hand's couldn't. She had blocked my force usage earlier, and there for was spinning it up a little. Sending it at an angle that would be harder to counter, and would be more likely dodged.

She was good. That was very true. Both of us were masters in our arts. Meaning this battle was not going to be one that ended easily. I actually wanted this to be a longer fight. Maybe then it would be enjoyable.

[member="Coci Heavenshield"],​

[SIZE=12pt]Xander is a wiry as herself, this was going to be a long fight, and the idea appealed to her. Her force push had had the desired effect, to a point, setting him back and out of position. However, her following strike had missed, the purple blade passed by his body meeting no resistance but the strike had been more of a bunt and her blade had not follow high on trajectory. But high enough for Xander’s blade to pass under it. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]As he spun to retake position, his movement fluid as his back handed strike reached her she blocked it with a sharp push to the side, however her arms are high and the blade clashed close to the hilts. It was enough to open her position and bring her closer to him. She shifted foot position for a firmer stance but before Coci could counter attack with a strike to his back, a push from Xander’s large hands struck her legs effectively unbalancing her, she stumbled as the push buckled her at the knees.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Although ungainly, and falling to the floor, Coci had regained and had enough balance to kick out her leg toward the back of Xander’s legs, her shin on her right leg aimed to hit the back of his legs to break his stance. With momentum she rolled to her stomach and pushed up off the floor, with the use of the force to propel her to her feet, from behind him she released another force push to his back if the kick had not had the effect she hoped for. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Both hands on her saber once more, she stood ready for his next move. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt][member="Xander Carrick"][/SIZE]​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom