Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Marooned on an Island Spire(Invite)

-SKYFALL (INSTRUMENTAL)-

A year ago...

An small, silvery-white life pod from an unknown vessel came hurtling downward like a fireball from the partly cloudy skies in the mid morning hours. Moments later, an area of the seas was engulfed in a plume of steam that could be seen for miles. Through the damaged door of the lifepod an unconscious brunette male lay with a steady trickle of blood flowing down from a gash on his brow. CIS insignia grey armor adored the male and a sniper rifle rested in pieces at his feet.

Hours later, a submersible rose from beneath the surface of the water. Water fell down and away from the rising form as it slowed to a stop near the escape pod that was bobbing up and down on the surface. The fishermen took to investigating the pod with sidearms at the ready for security. They waited until the pod was cooled down enough to touch before prying open the hatch. Upon seeing the unconscious humanoid male, they removed him and his weapon from the vessel. Deciding they could use the pod for parts, the fishermen took the pod in their nets and sailed towards the Island Spire settlement of Bestine IV.

Bestine IV, a world nearly completely covered in vast oceans teeming with undersea wildlife in the same fashion as Kamino. The only structures are massive natural rock spires that dot portions of the planet. Within the structures, settlers of the planet have created liveable settlements. Even the Imperial Alliance at one point had Naval Shipyards constructed on them at a place known as Juggerhead. They created a good deal of Star Destroyers for the Imperials, but their plans for the TIE Torpedo submersible was taken by the local inhabitants before it could have been destroyed. It was modified and re-purposed for the fishermen.

Storms on the planet usually caused the inhabitants no fuss. They would simply watch for the storms and go into lockdown mode. The lockdown mode would be all of the open air markets atop the spire forming a protective transparasteel dome over the area. The lower parts of the spire would close off their exposed spire areas with transparasteel weather barriers.

During sunnier times, the settlement opened up and inhabitants would go about their daily lives. The biggest profession on the planet was hunting for fish. The armored fish of the seas and the sink crab that would often attack to the hulls of the leftover Imperial submersibles that were utilized for their undersea fishing expeditions. The fishermen would utilize the ship's torpedo system to knock holes in the armor of the fish, knock them out and exit the ship with their rebreathers to kill the stunned prey and fix them to the netting on the side of the submersible. Three or four submersibles at a time would go out in various zones to fish.

Meanwhile, the settlers in the top of the spire would work in the munitions factory to provide the torpedoes and repair components on the submersibles. They also handled the law and order and trade kiosks in the open air markets. Two landing platforms facilitated the offworlder trade vessels to come in with miscellaneous trade goods and more importantly parts to make the munitions. Lower levels were citizen and guest housing and entertainment venues. The lowest portion were the docks and the dockworker housings.

-------------------------------------------------

During the year that passed, Michael discovered a new home with the people of the Island Spire. They treated him warily and with a little hostile at first. This was a settlement where you had to prove your worth or be banished. He eventually found his worth in the Fishermen Union. Fishing alongside them and helping them find the best spots for the hunt using his tracking skills. One of the factory workers had gotten a hold of Michael's sniple rifle with intent to convert to use in the submersibles. Michael made a deal with the factory worker that he would make better use of the rifle with the Fishermen Union if the factory worker would help him repair the weapon. The worker agreed and the pair went to work repairing the weapon to aid the fishermen.

It was also during that year the Michael discovered that he had no way to contact the CIS to inform them of the situation. He had been in a squadron placed on a routine supply run that happened to cross into Omega Protectorate space. Their ship had been attacked by pirates and the squad had fought valiantly to repel them, but it was no use. The squad was forced to abandon ship as the invaders took the ship's cargo and blasted the ship to pieces. Lifepods were jettisoned in various directions. Michael Sorek's pod spun out like crazy as it sailed through the open space and finally hit the gravitational pull of Bestine IV. As the ship spun out, Michael thought this trip was the end. He'd been unnaturally lucky when it came to his missions with the CIS. This trip had spiraled downward out of control like his feelings of regret and remorse for how he treated his family and friends and ran away from it all. He thought about how he had selfishly not considered his partner Jerek's feelings as he accepted the mission a week before Jerek's birthday. As he had flashes of his old lives on Naboo with his mother and father and on Tatooine with his uncle and his partner, Michael's pod hit turbulence as he hit the atmosphere of Bestine IV. It knocked a gash in his forehead and his gun went flying into him. He slumped down against the back of his pod's singular seat unconscious to the rest of the descent.

Finally after a year, Michael gained a modest, one bedroom home in the Island Spire and a place among the fishermen. He was well liked and was living a good life on Bestine IV. He missed his partner, but that had to be pushed into the back of his mind. Michael had no way to get back to his old life. He had to push forward and do what he could with his current life.

[member="Seanna Vel"]

Finding herself going over her notes from the last board meeting. Couldn't help to start to really dig into more so. If only they could start to put there own stamp on the fish market. Then it struck her like a sack of purple potatoes. It could be done if they would start small and set up a smaller opportunity Some where remote, this causing her to hold a small but visible smirk to her lips.

As one of her family foremen flew the ship. It after all still wasn't her best to fly a ship. After all everyone had there own weakness this just happen to be hers. Finding herself looking up because of a knock. "Yes sweet pea,"

"Miss, we are nearing the planet."

Good get my shuttle ready. Putting the rest of her papers away from now. H'kig would be her way in, as she had set up a meeting of mines with the council type of government. Knowing this would either come a way a winner or she would have to use powers she wished not to. After all she wasn't such a cold and heartless person. Cheeking the cargo once again. It wasn't alive this time. It was after all something that couldn't work on this planet with only a few rocky islands.

Nope it was all frozen that was another reason why this mission had to be hurried up. All be on hope to not have anything to go wrong with her cargo of nerf steaks.

Finding her way to one of the larger island. The little shuttle touching down, to wait until the ramp was open and lowered. Coming in her three piece business suit she walked down slowly down the ramp to where a person a waited to take her to the meeting with the Fisher Council. There she would put an offer on the table for a trade on Sink Crab and Armord fish.
[member="Michael Sorek"]

Michael sighed contently as he walked the open market level during the bright, warm, sunny day. He eyed the wares like he'd not seen them dozens of times before and greeted the stall vendors courteously. These settlers had quickly become friends to Michael. They treated him kindly and he returned the sentiment. There really were no problems on the Spire. Michael had worn his armor for so long in the past that he'd retired it for a native islander attire. His armor was resting neatly on a stand in his home on a lower level. His sniper rifle remained on as the only thing not primitive in appearance on his person. Walking barefoot on the stonework crafted streets and plaza, Michael looked the part of a normal villager. He was happy with his life here. A native flock of five sea avian soared high above the settlement, then dipped back down following a vertical path down the length of the Island Spire just yards from the sea's surface below. These birds normally hunted the Sink Crab. Michael enjoyed watching their normal fly over.

Everything was great for Michael on the Island Spire, but every time he would return to his home or peak into his pocket, he would pull out a holographic picture of Jerek's smiling face and brunette hair and be reminded of what he truly missed. He sat down at the edge of the Spire's top and dangle his feet in the air. The docks below looked like a small two-finger graspable object from his vantage. He mused about what life would have been like if he'd left the CIS's service years ago to be a more permanent part of Jerek's life. It made him sad.

A commotion was raised slightly behind him with a foreign shuttle landing on one of the outlying landing platforms. The Fisher Council was convening for the first time in a long time the whispers of the villagers stated. Michael rose from his thoughts and joined the crowd to see what the fuss was about. He spotted a most beautiful, voluptuous outsider enter the open air market plaza that was adjacent to the two landing platforms. An adviser to council approached the woman and beckoned her inside. There was something strangely familiar about the woman. He slipped in line behind her villager entourage and followed them inside the main judicial building.

[member="Seanna Vel"]

Keeping what look to be all her attention on the task she had been sent to do as the newly voted CEO of the company. All the matter right now was she see the quantity of the product in this case was the fish. Even so this wasn't something that only caught her eye. It was something else. It was the force that washed over her. There was someone on this island that had the force it was strong maybe a bit more then she herself. This she would have to stay on her toes.

It wasn't something she expected to find on such business trip. After all she had researched enough that made her want to do business with these people as this was the source of all that fresh sea creatures some on market was worth a lot more then what she would offer them this day.

Letting her two men with her start to unload the cargo. Couldn't help but smirk a bit knowing that none of these villagers would even know what a Nerf Steak came from. This brought a lot of others thoughts to her mind how easy these ones would be to control and bend to her well or so she thought.

"Greetings from the Salliche Agricultural Corporation, I"m Miss Vel as I stated in my message before.", waiting for those around her to introude themselves as she let her memory do what it need to. In reality it was doing more then that it was also reach out in the force to find each of their weakness. Just by one touch if she need to she would be able to tell of their life history with out them even speaking a word.

First off may I say Its a pleasure to be here on your little island, you have a lovely please here. , this was the part she dislike as she had to be like honey all sweet and nice. It was after all a way of the business world. It wasn't that still thinking of this force users she felt when she first came off her shuttle. Where in the coward could this one be she couldn't tell there was some many bodies. Turning her attention back to the Counicol members as she put on her smile.

[member="Michael Sorek"]

"You're so kind for an offworlder. We normally do not allow for strangers to make impromptu visits here, but in lieu of recent events..." The Elder of the Council shifted his momentary gaze on Michael, then back to the woman. "My adviser informed me of your arrival and this whole Council meeting was set-up. We appreciate your kind words about our Spire, but let's get this over with, shall we? Who are you and what is your business here?"

Michael stood poised in the meeting hall that had been filled with villagers in the stadium style seating and the Council on their heightened half-circular platforms overlooking the newcomer below. He eyed the Elder as he briefly eluded to Michael in his opening remarks. Michael eyed the woman more interested with who she was representing besides the Saliche Agricultural Corporation. The woman looked more like the type that had more under her belt than a simple agricultural corporation. She had the look of someone that he'd like to find out more about. Could she be the key to him getting off of Bestine IV and possibly seeing Jerek again? As much as he enjoyed his time with these villagers, Michael knew that he was not meant to linger on the Island Spire for the rest of his life.

[member="Seanna Vel"]

Smoothing out her own hair again before she spoke again. "I"m Ms. Seanna Vel of the Saliche Agricultural Corporation, I have come to brighten your future and make your fishing more profitable. As a corporation we have market system set up on over 100+ worlds would mean that your fish could be sold there with out any middle men, all you have to is agree to some minor terms.

Couldn't help but eye the elders taking clue from a man that seem to be out of place. It was true that he dressed like the simple fishermen these people. It was something else it had been the way he shifted his weight or the way he stood. In that way could only mean one thing. Keeping this to herself as to the fact that didn't need to start anything especial being her to try and broker a deal for the Corporation. It was the feeling that he was getting from this person wanting her to maybe get him along to find out more. No not in front of so many she would do this. Only for the pete sake she was to be here for business not for anything else to be bother right now. It would only take her attention and split into two.

[member="Michael Sorek"]

The Elder spoke again after convening with the other councillors, "Your offer of trade with us is kind. I would be remiss if I did not ask what you are wanting or requiring from this deal. Also, what are your 'minor' terms that you mentioned? I'm curious if this'll violate our territorial agreement with the Omega Protectorate. I may be unable to fully follow galactic territory claims, but I understood we were under their territory rule currently."

Michael listened to the proceedings with interest as did the others. He watched Seanna with curiosity as the deal was hashed out.

[member="Seanna Vel"]

Listening to everything that was being spoken as she just smiled at them all the questions they had was very good ones. Giving a few minutes to see if others would have more for her. Folding her hands in front of her. "First to calm about this territory claims has nothing to do this company as it has no attachment to any faction. Does that answer that question, Good. Now what would you get out of this all you get part of the vote on the 12 board member team. It is a way to get your fish to market faster and also with a better profit. Yes your right it will cost but it will on be 3% as like you will see and hear most on the board has there own rancher other business like fisheries.

[member="Michael Sorek"][member="Michael Sorek"]

The Elders took to quietly deliberating in a separate chamber. The 12 member board returned to the chambers. They looked optimistic. The Head of the Council rose from his seat and rose his arms out to Seanna. "You have yourself a deal, my dear. My adviser will send you the signed proper documents denoting our agreement to our deal. Our businesses will get right to work with their new orders. And for your generous offer of financial prosperity, you are now recognized as a member of our tribal family. You are welcome to come to the Island Spire whenever you wish."

The Council Head moved from the podium. The other Elders, looking equally pleased, headed down the ramped walkway from the podium and joined the crowd of villagers that had begun to disperse and return to their daily tasks. The Head Elder, a burly, muscular Nautolan man, approached Seanna with a wide smile and picked her up off of her feet into a snug hug. He returned her to her feet and stated, "Now that the business is concluded, there is another outsider that you should meet, Seanna."

Michael was beckoned toward the two by the Head Elder. He sheepishly grinned at Seanna as he stopped near the two of them. The Head Elder continued, "Michael, here, confided in me some time ago about his past. He's been a great asset to our tribe, but I feel and I have noticed that he feels like he is not meant to be amongst our tribe for the rest of his existence. Michael has told me that he came from an organization known as the CIS. Do you know it?"

[member="Seanna Vel"]

This in it self pleased Seanna very much but she wouldn't show it on her face. No for once she was trying to do this by the books. As she had a new title and this meant to not act like a some back off planet wood redneck from Kiffex. As she let herself give a slight nodded. Coming down as she to also walk the part of one that use to running such a Company as she now was CEO.

Even before she could take another step she felt the arms around her. Finding herself trying to push away as to the fact that this Nautolan had came into her personal space.

[SIZE=11.8181819915771px]poodoo Bretches you..wan... a p [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11.8181819915771px]Finding that she stop herself before something bad happen to make her lose what was greed upon. As she give him a charming smile of hers. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11.8181819915771px]Well thanks you aren't you a friendly huggble one. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11.8181819915771px]Hearing the next part of what the elders spoke now this made her very curious to who this one could be. It wasn't the one that she felt a touch from that getting that feeling about. Shaking this thought from her very mine. Giving another nod only to puzzle over how long this one could been here something about CIS that had been a long time ago. Remember when she first joined up being it called that. Only to have it be the ASA now. Givnig a smile and a very greeting. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11.8181819915771px]"CIS mmm yes I knew it once but its no longer ... those that seem to be around are called by another name..how long did you say he had been here.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11.8181819915771px]It had to be for a while for them to talk about the CIS it had been something else all together different with different leadership and style of leading. [/SIZE]

[member="Michael Sorek"]

Michael smirked at the Tribal Chief's hug seeing that it made Seanna slightly uncomfortable. He spoke up at her question, "I have been here for a little over a year. I am curious, though, what happened to the CIS? I would like to find my missing squad mates and return to service...that is...if this 'new' organization continued with the same practices and principles of CIS. I am a sharpshooter...slightly out of practice, but willing to train up and return to my work."

Michael was thoroughly confused by the change of organization. He hoped that the organization had not changed too terribly much.

[member="Seanna Vel"]

Listening as he spoken after all she wasn't one to just blow one off unless they gave her reason to. After all what would she be with out a little bit of her southern chagrining manners. Finding her a way into where Micheal was at before speaking at length with him. Well,first off baby cakes there is a new boss in town now. He runs things a little bit different then the old leader did. I guess that the short verison of things. Then ask me all this political hutt stuff is a bunch of crock. After all its always the same no matter where you go in the galaxy who going to back stab the hardest. Yea yea yea.

Liking herself being the lone wolf she like to be after all less chances of being stab hard and fast with a cold hearted blade. It just wasn't worth it at all.

aww yes your squatted I guess really depend if they are around or not as some didn't like the new big cheese so they will went awol of sorts..

[member="Michael Sorek"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom