Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Mark 32 Solosuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gluk, Stock, and Two Smoking Lasers
craig-matchett-craig-matchett-heavyelite-detailfront.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Massive Mobility
  • Affiliation: Open market (enjoy)
  • Model: Mark 32 Solosuit
  • Production: Limited
  • Material: Duranium
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Ultralight personal transport
  • Length: <1 meter with arms down
  • Width: ~1 meter with arms down
  • Height: 2.4 meters with arms down
  • Armament: Very Low
    • Blaster cannon (left forearm)
    • Cutting torches (both forearms)
  • Defenses: Low
    • Duranium plating
    • Deflector shields
  • Squadron Count: High | 16
  • Maneuverability Rating: Very High
  • Speed Rating: Average
  • Hyperdrive Class: Average | 2.5 (short range)
STANDARD FEATURES
  • Communications Array
  • Deflector Shield Generator
  • Sublight Engines and Maneuvering Thrusters
  • Life Support Systems
  • Navigational Systems
  • Repulsorlift Engines
  • Sensor Array
  • Targeting Systems
  • Can Enter Atmosphere and Land
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
STRENGTHS
  • Small profile is extremely difficult to target, even for an enemy starfighter.
  • Strength augmentation servomotors permit the pilot to pry open hatches or move around in full gravity without much trouble.
  • Up to a week of consumables/life support capacity.
WEAKNESSES
  • Underpowered for a small starship. Very lightly armed, fragile by starship standards.
  • The hyperdrive's short-range gas tank supports no more than a dozen hours of flight time - only suitable for getting around within a sector, or getting a decent way down a super-hyperlane like the Perlemian or the Mara. Also, wearing a space suit for a dozen hours is not a pleasant experience.
  • Ablative heatshield needs frequent replacement.
  • Insufficient space for a navicomputer. Suit can store only two jumps, three if they're very short. Either strap an astromech to your back or get friendly ships and stations to send you your jump calculations.
  • Not dextrous enough for, say, using a lightsaber as anything more than a cleaver.
  • Ion cannons or heavy EMP weapons will prompt a lengthy reboot cycle.
DESCRIPTION
The Mark 32 Solosuit (and the first Massive Mobility solosuit safe enough to make it to market) is an ultralight personal transport. Like spacetrooper armour, it is a miniature spaceship in the form of a space suit. Like a 2.5-metre Loronar needle fighter, it can travel through hyperspace - albeit not for long.

Operating the Mark 32 is intuitive to anyone who has spent significant time in a high-end space suit, with one exception: it moves more quickly than the average manned maneuvering unit. The hyperdrive functionality (easily the most complex system) is fairly straightforward, since the suit has no navicomputer and must rely on friendly ships and stations to compute its jump coordinates. For a Mark 32 pilot, hyperspace travel is as easy as pushing a button.

Handy for all kinds of errands, the Mark 32 is a great suit to have in your closet. You could even use it as an escape pod, no matter what kind of ship you're flying. Just be warned that keeping a Mark 32 complement ship-shape requires dedicated hangar space.

Jerec Asyr Jerec Asyr

I absolutely love this. It's a cool concept of starflight-capable armor with all of the capabilities to allow for survivability. Lots of weaknesses and the ratings come out as this being fairly underpowered. That may be the intent of this submission, but you're under by 2 ratings in that department.

I'm going to leave this open just in case you wanna bump a rating up by 2 notches or a two of them by 1. I'm ready to stamp this approved, so if you don't care to increase the power - just @tag me and I'll approve it. Thank you!

Gluk, Stock, and Two Smoking Lasers
Jerec Asyr Jerec Asyr

I absolutely love this. It's a cool concept of starflight-capable armor with all of the capabilities to allow for survivability. Lots of weaknesses and the ratings come out as this being fairly underpowered. That may be the intent of this submission, but you're under by 2 ratings in that department.

I'm going to leave this open just in case you wanna bump a rating up by 2 notches or a two of them by 1. I'm ready to stamp this approved, so if you don't care to increase the power - just @tag me and I'll approve it. Thank you!

That's definitely intentional, stamp away.

Reactions: Avo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom