Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Mark 1 Subneural Communication Implant

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To sub an implant for the mainly clone security forces of Deshra Labs.
  • Image Source: N/A
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Restricted Missions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • This implant allows the wearer to communicate in real time with others using the implant (and tuned to the correct frequency) that are within a range of 80 metres, without any need for vocal or signalling communication, the effect being achieved through the implant transferring the active thoughts of the user.
Strengths:
  • Immediate, Subtle Communication
  • Easy to install (for a qualified surgeon), with up to a decade of Micropowercell Battery power
Weaknesses:
  • Can be damaged by kinetic force to the cranial area, and requires an expert to repair.
  • The implant tends to cause issues with creative thinking and ideas, often muddying thoughts if the user doesn't have an immediate focus or is not being communicated with.
DESCRIPTION

The Mark 1 Subneural Communication Implant was designed with Deshra Labs' security forces in mind, many of them being clones without much need for independent or creative thought. It is a small but effective implant that is installed into the brain directly and links up to frequencies with other implants; utilizing not only the Micropowercell included but the user's own brainwaves, it makes it possible for the user to transfer their thoughts to others with their implants tuned to the same frequency. To change frequencies, the user only has to think that they wish to and the implant will change to whatever frequency they prefer.

The implant itself is mainly copper with Crodium plating so as to prevent degradation or any kind of decay while installed into the user, the tiny Micropowercell installed within the implant preventing issues from any kind of Electromagnetic Pulse or other dangers that could damage devices relying on external power, at least for the first attack; repeated ion and Electromagnetic attacks, especially those used with the destruction or disabling of the implant in mind will pass by this safeguard.

I have hyperlinked the manufacturer, and I have changed the effective range of the implant to approximately 8km, since it's designed for teams that won't be moving great distances, and it's not a simple thing to be transmitting.

[member="Rusty"]

Rusty

Purveyor of Fine Weaponry
That's a bit much for range. Remember, you're implanting these things into people's brains. The power you'd need to broadcast that far is more than enough to fry said brain. Drop it to 80 meters and you've still got a functioning commlink that won't immediately turn the troopers' grey matter into scrambled eggs.

[member="Magnus Deshra"]

Rusty said:
That's a bit much for range. Remember, you're implanting these things into people's brains. The power you'd need to broadcast that far is more than enough to fry said brain. Drop it to 80 meters and you've still got a functioning commlink that won't immediately turn the troopers' grey matter into scrambled eggs.

[member="Magnus Deshra"]
Gotcha, done.

[member="Rusty"]

Magnus Deshra said:
The implant itself is mainly copper with Crodium plating so as to prevent degradation or any kind of decay while installed into the user, the tiny Diatium battery installed within the implant preventing issues from any kind of Electromagnetic Pulse or other dangers that could damage devices relying on external power.
[member="Rusty"] [member="Magnus Deshra"]

This is a strength but isn't listed as a strength in your submission. -- also, how does a diatium power cell battery prevent issues with EMP? Lightsabers use diatium power cells and they are susceptible to EMP. Crodium doesn't provide any EMP or Ion benefits.

Cira said:
[member="Rusty"] [member="Magnus Deshra"]

This is a strength but isn't listed as a strength in your submission. -- also, how does a diatium power cell battery prevent issues with EMP? Lightsabers use diatium power cells and they are susceptible to EMP. Crodium doesn't provide any EMP or Ion benefits.
Well that's odd, since I don't believe batteries are affected by Electromagnetic Pulses at all, which is why I hadn't listed it as a strength since I thought it inherit for a battery; batteries are metal and chemicals rather than anything electronic, so they wouldn't be affected. The actual communicator and frequency broadcasts I don't believe would be affected as it's actually inside someone's head; theoretically, you could protect a portable radio from an EMP by wrapping it in non-conductive material, so I assume the broadcasting would be the same situation.

If I'm wrong in that logic and you want me to change anything, I'd be happy to do to that.

[member="Cira"]

[member="Magnus Deshra"]

I apologize for the delay.

Here are the details on a Diatium Power cell:

Diatium power cells contained extremely concentrated amounts of trumponium gas that would form a plasma rod when heated. The beam of plasma produced from a lightsaber was contained by a type of magnetic or energy field that recycled the energy back into the diatium power cell when not in contact with other lightsabers or objects. This greatly conserved the energy of a diatium power cell, although it still needed occasional replacements.

So I don't think these are the kind of batteries you want.

Perhaps something more like http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Micropowercell A Micro-PowerCell.

As it is, there is varying data on EMP and batteries. I can grant you that perhaps one charge of EMP may or may not shut down the implant, but subsequent Ion or EMP attacks will.

Adjust accordingly and we can move this to approval.

Cira said:
[member="Magnus Deshra"]

I apologize for the delay.

Here are the details on a Diatium Power cell:

Diatium power cells contained extremely concentrated amounts of trumponium gas that would form a plasma rod when heated. The beam of plasma produced from a lightsaber was contained by a type of magnetic or energy field that recycled the energy back into the diatium power cell when not in contact with other lightsabers or objects. This greatly conserved the energy of a diatium power cell, although it still needed occasional replacements.

So I don't think these are the kind of batteries you want.

Perhaps something more like http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Micropowercell A Micro-PowerCell.

As it is, there is varying data on EMP and batteries. I can grant you that perhaps one charge of EMP may or may not shut down the implant, but subsequent Ion or EMP attacks will.

Adjust accordingly and we can move this to approval.
Alright, got it all adjusted and changed. Thanks very much for the patience with me.

[member="Cira"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom