Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Mariah's Necklace

Status
Not open for further replies.
f6cb7b66cf47360d1f08e46c9b2a1d44.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Unkown
  • Affiliation: Mariah Mariah
  • Model: N/A
  • Modularity: Can fit some different range of necks
  • Production: Unique
  • Material: Silver, Sith alchemy, a blue stone.
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Silver metal for majority of the necklace.
  • Incredibly durable due to alchemic process.
  • Causes the wearers aging to be halted while being worn, the effect continues for a short time after being removed.
  • Causes the wearer to have slightly higher physical health than normal for them, resulting in better healing, immune system, and survival chances. Much like the aging it also will halt shortly after being removed.
STRENGTHS
  • Pauses the aging process while being worn
  • Slight increase to physical health.
  • Difficult to destroy
  • May be found aesthetically appealing
  • The time that the person was on pause for does not rush back for them, they will simply age normally from thereon after removal.
WEAKNESSES
  • The Necklace is a creation of the dark side. While this does not strongly influence their actions or push them to the dark side, the removal of the necklace would cause the wearer discomfort and even potentially fear losing it. This could also be simply the result of fearing aging, as it is not an immediate effect and only occurs over time.
  • The necklace is generally noticeable unless specifically hidden by clothing.
  • Provides no real defense against other force powers as some alchemized items do.
  • Would be able to be potentially sensed through the force
  • Could be destroyed by abilities such as force light
  • Will not be able to aid the user in any way while in the presence of something like an ysalimir field or anti-force technology. This could produce the same feeling as having removed it, discomfort and potentially even fear, regardless of if they understand what actually happened.
DESCRIPTION
The necklace is made of silver that has a chain that can be looped around the neck before being attached, which means a higher chance of it fitting, changing only where the stone sits. This necklace however contains a simple but useful secret, it prolongs the life of the wearer considerably. Seemingly putting their aging on pause while being worn, as well as slightly boosting their physical health. In Mariah’s case this has allowed her to go into old age without any noticeable change since young adulthood. It affects the body primarily, but also the mind, often keeping aspects of their age. However, it has an issue that comes along with this, the Necklace, due likely to its creation within the dark side, results in a discomfort when separated from it that grows after use. To the point that the loss of it can be an extremely unpleasant and undesirable experience.

Mariah has no idea where the necklace originally came from, or who made it, sith or otherwise. Only that it was given to her by her father not long before he and her mother vanished.

Last edited:

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
Hello Mariah Mariah , I shall be judging your sub.

As an alchemical item this would have several things.
It would be able to be felt in the force from the darkside aura.
It would be vulnerable to force light.
Darkside objects can be addictive and wearing them can be corrupting which would take a physical toll on the body.
Does this require the force to maintain it? Or it is always empowered? This can lead to two scenarios as always being active would make it a beacon for any force user to know about. where as powered would mean it has to feed off of life force and energy to maintain itself. Since Mariah is not a force user then this could be detrimental to her health.
Being a force object it would be vulnerable to nullification fields or anti force equipment. Which would render it a normal object. What would happen to her if this came to pass.

Krass Wyms Krass Wyms

Ok, I will add that it can be felt, and vulnerability to force light (also forgot that it would not be useful if around things like Ysalimir or similar tuff). Gonna add that right after this post.

I do have to comment on the addicting/toll thing. I did bring up that it becomes a sort of addictive, growth over time. However Not so sure the toll on the body is a universal thing. For instance, the artifact I listed in primary source showed no signs of any damage to the user decades afterwards. And not all dark side usage seems to noticeably damage the body Though I heard nothing about corruption, but I did go with a type of addiction anyway which still fits dark side influence.

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
Mariah Mariah

The darkside generally takes a toll on those using it and if stopping the ability to age was so easy then sith lords wouldn't have needed to devise ways to live longer, stay bound to the physical plane. The necklace might have extended longevity but there is no mention to how long it would last. Immortality is not allowed on the site but there are ways to live longer. Iego and force energy to last longer then average life.

But you did as I asked just do not abuse this or it will be pulled for further edits.

Approved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom