Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Maquis-type, Advanced Ion Torpedo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fiolette Fortan

F
M A Q U I S
RdpsnQB.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

• Intent: To create an [SIZE=10pt]ionite[/SIZE] torpedo for closed-market production.

• Image Source: N/A

• Canon Link: Repurposed Canon Articles. Ionite.

• Primary Source: N/A

PRODUCTION INFORMATION

• Manufacturer: Primo Victorian (x)

• Affiliation: Primo Victorian, Aurora Industries | Closed-Market [Contract Thread Required]

• Model: MK42M5 “Maquis” Advanced Ion Torpedo

• Modularity: N/A

• Production: Semi-Unique

• Material:

Trilamniumhttp://starwarsrp.net/topic/128047-trilamnium/ Overlay

• Durasteel Reinforced [SIZE=10pt]Alusteel[/SIZE]

• Encapsulated Ionite, Shaped Charge

• Warhead Components

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

• Classification: Warhead, Torpedo

• Size: Average

• Weight: Average

• Ammunition Type: Explosive Ordnance

• Ammunition Capacity: 1

• Reload Speed: Average

• Effective Range: Long Range

• Rate of Fire: Average

• Stopping Power: Very High

SPECIAL FEATURES

• Sensor guided for effective targeting.

• Built to take out electrical systems within large capital ships.

• May be more devastating if unleashed on smaller capital ships.

• Shaped charge, for additional ‘heat’ damage against unshielded targets.

• Trilamnium[SIZE=10pt] for additional resistance to traditional [/SIZE]turbolaser/plasma type weaponry.

Strengths:

• Ionite: Designed to interfere with energy fields such as deflector shields. Any electrical device within its proximity becomes voided and ruined.

• Splash: Due to the shaped charge, Maquis creates additional splash damage upon impact.

• Area of Effect: Creates an area of effect on impact/detonation and may affect enemy ships.

Weaknesses:

• Interception: While able to deliver a brutal impact, the torpedo itself moves slow enough to be intercepted by starfighters, and turbolasers.

• Conventional Shielding: Particle [SIZE=10pt]shielding,[/SIZE] or conventional shielding with particle shielding built in do particularly well against the torpedo.

• Area of Effect: Creates an area of effect on impact/detonation and may affect friendly ships as well.

DESCRIPTION
The Maquis-type Advanced Ion Torpedo was designed to interfere with [SIZE=10pt]energy[/SIZE] field such as deflector shields, and with any electrical devices that is within the proximity of detonation. Designed with a shaped charge, made so that it focuses most of the explosive energy in a small area, usually a cone shape. This enables the ionite to be delivered more effectively to target areas. However because it is encapsulated, this does make the torpedo vulnerable to being intercepted, or shot down prior to reaching target.

Conventional shielding also does well against the Maquis, particle shielding is most effective at defending against the torpedo. Those without may end up bearing the [SIZE=10pt]ordanance’s[/SIZE] devastating results. Whether detonated prematurely or on target. The torpedo has an area of effect intended to interfere with energy fields or void/ruin electrical devices.

Good Evening [member="Fiolette Raaf"],

Another nice weapons sub, I do love that you're pumping out a lot of them right now. I can't see much problem with this, just one concern that I have to bring to your attention. As it stands this sub is quite overpowered and you would need to reduce the ratings on the submission to balance it. I'd recommend at least lowering it by three rating to prevent any possible issues in the future, however, if you're happy with the submission the way it is then let me know and I'll go ahead and approve the submission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom