Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Maple Fox

Status
Not open for further replies.
fall_dragon_edited_1_by_walkingmelonsaaa_dbpvqkl-fullview.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent:This is to 1) act as a nanny for young children / animals 2)expand The Dragon Queen's business
  • Image Credit: X
  • Canon: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Links: TDN
GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Name: Maple Fox
  • Designation: semi-sentient.
  • Origins: Outer Rim
  • Average Lifespan: they generally live to arounf 250 years old,they matyre at 20 years of age,the oldest known was well ovover 500 years
  • Estimated Population: Scattered
  • Description: At first glance you wouldnt really notice this wyvern, unless it moved,as it looks very trees like , with its ruby red leaf like scales.
PHYSICAL INFORMATION
  • Breathes: Type I
  • Average Height of Adults: no average ,depends on age (they do not stop growing)
  • Average Length of Adults: no average ,depends on age
  • Average Wingspan of Adults: no average,depends on age
  • Skin color: White,cream and brown base red, orange, yellow and brown accents
  • Distinctions: There is a very small difference between male and female.On females ,the leaf like scales have rounded edges where as male have pointed leaves. As a young hatchling ,they can fifit in the palm of your hand but they dont stay that size,as long as they are alive they will grow continuously .In thier first 10 years They grow an average of 38 centimeters a year,after this they grow around 2.5 centimeters a year. An other sign of age is their horns/antantlers ,which(like branches) Grow and flower every years.years.The older the Wyvern is ,the more split of the horns have similar to how an older stag has more points
  • Races: none
  • Force Sensitivity: Standard
Strengths:
  • Thick skin helps these animals withstand almost any weapon,but not all
  • These are excellent parent and will protect any child if it isn't theirs
Weaknesses:
  • In theory they could live forever but there is only so much food, and they bigger something is, the bigger its belly is, they often commit feed themselves enough at a certain size
  • They are easily killed by flames ,heat and a lack of water
CULTURE
  • Diet: they eat fruit as a source of minerals ,but mainly use glucose their leaves make from photosynthesis
  • Communication: purrs growls and roars
  • Technology level: N/A
  • Religion/Beliefs:
  • General behavior: in breeding season the males fight for dominance, the winner will get the female of his choice.Once eggs have been laid , no one will get within a mile of their nests if their mother has any say in it.They are diurnal due to their need of sunlight, and go not hunt as they aren't carnivores. They do not build nest far from their birth places as they do not explore for new nesting sights ,though they do travel for fun
HISTORICAL INFORMATION
This is an old species,no one is truly sure where it originated.Many people have left there children with them if they fear they may not be able to care for them,it was discovered that theyre great nannys when a mother was playing with her child,the mother went to fetch something and left the child thinking nothing was nearly. A Maple Fox happened to spot the young and vunerable 'creature' and wanted to protect it.Other than child care they haven't been very affected many events in the Galaxy.However , they have become even more protective over the years due to attempted theft of their hatchlings.Even though they were never involved with much,it is impossible to escape the impacts of the gulag plauge.This illness nearly wiped their already rare species out,theyre still not at to population they were before it hit their planet.The netherworld incursion just added salt to the wound, there were an Estimated 121 left,compared to their previous thousands,these events put together is the entire reason why there are so few.

Last edited:

Zak Dymo

Z
LadyBird LadyBird

I'll be doing this review for you. There's just a few things that I think need some clarification before we move this on.

1. Links:

This appears to be an incorrect link. Could you clarify what this is supposed to be referring to?

2. Origins
:
Origins: Outer Rim

Please link Outer Rim here.

3. Lifespan:
Average Lifespan: There is no average age ,just like trees, but the oldest known was well ovover 500 years

Here, I'll refer back to the template instructions, which states, in relevant part, an average age or range is required. In general terms, what would be considered "young adult" for a Maple Fox? What would be considered "middle age"? If the oldest was over 500 years, at what point generally is "old age" for the species? Keeping with your tree parallel, this would be no different then how trees are viewed as saplings, young, established, or old.

4. History:
Other than child care they haven't been very affected my any events in the Galaxy.

Referring back to the template, most galactic species will be quite old - include major events relevant to the species in how they evolved and developed into what they are today where appropriate. Including Chaos canon events, where they impacted the history of this species, is a plus. What you have in this section, and the quoted sentence in particular, seems very minimal. Why did they come to be associated with child care? Was there any event that is notable for starting that trend or establishing that stereotype in folklore?

Some additional questions to consider, in terms of our timeline, how were the Maple Foxes impacted by the Gulag Plague? The 400 Years Darkness? What about the Netherworld incursion? Those incidents impacted the entire Chaos universe, to include the Outer Rim worlds.

Those are my thoughts and I look forward to yours in reply. Please tag me when you have completed your edits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom