Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Mantis-class Droid Fighter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corey's OOC

And where were the spiders
tumblr_inline_mldj12vWWB1qz4rgp.jpg
Image Source:http://media.tumblr.com/84e20a92a7af0325008983f27ac5340f/tumblr_inline_mldj12vWWB1qz4rgp.jpg Mass Effect
Affiliation: Techno Union, select buyers
Manufacturer: Haor Chall Engineering, Santhe Corporation, Hegemonic Automaton, Techno Union
Model: Mantis-Class Droid Assault Fighter
Modularity: None
Production: Minor
Material: Durasteel armor, Reinforced Titanium Frame, Agrinium plating on armor
Classification: Droid Starfighter
Length: 6 meters
Height: 2 meters
Width: 2.25 meters

Armament:

• Two Laser Cannons (offering single, linked or all locked firing patterns and adjustable angling)

• One Energy Torpedo Launchers
Squadron Count: 24
Special Features:

• Hegemonic J2 Droid Brain

• Advanced Targeting System

• Standard Sensors Suite

• Standard Communications Array (for receiving burst orders from a command ship, not for networking)

• Advanced Life signs detector

• 180 minutes of fuel
Maneuverability Rating: 5
Speed Rating: 5
Hyperdrive Class: N/A

Strengths:

• Expanded Weapons loadout for a droid fighter

• Advanced sensors and targeting systems to ensure the destruction of organic life
Weaknesses:

• Slower than average droid starfighter

• Larger profile for a droid starfighter
Description: With the resurgence of the Hydra War Droid program among the high command of the Techno Union, the Haor Chall Engineers sought to flesh out their droid warfare product offerings with an updated line up. The final piece of the first wave of this line up is the Mantis-class Droid Starfighter. An advanced fighter with an expanded weapons package, the Mantis will stalk its prey for an extended period of 3 hours (an improvement of one standard hour over the Vulture Droids) and greet the target with a variety of weapons options. Armed with laser cannons, ion cannons and unguided energy torpedos, the Mantis Droid can handle nearly anything it goes up against with grace and poise.

While the weapon systems, targeting and life sign sensors on this droid, as well as the advanced Hegemonic Automaton brain provide this an excellent chance of finding and eliminating its target, the Mantis units are larger, slower and less agile than a majority of droid fighters out there. This unit will save lives in the fact that it will reduce the number of live pilots in a battlefield, and the cost-to-risk ratio is seen as a decent trade off, despite the greater cost and greater risk to the unit.

Development Thread: N/A
Intent:To create a new droid starfighter for use by the Techno Union and select purchases to match the theme of the newest resurgence of Haor Chall Engineering products
Who Can Use This: Techno Union, allies, select buyers
Primary Source: J2 Droid Brain - http://starwarsrp.net/topic/34166-j2-droid-brain/

[member="Marek Starchaser"]

Marek Starchaser said:

Length: 6 meters
Height: 2 meters
Width: 2.25 meters

Armament:

• Four Laser Cannons (offering single, linked or all locked firing patterns and adjustable angling)

• Two Ion Cannons

• Two Energy Torpedo Launchers

Squadron Count: 12
OK! So, my first assessment is that this droid is half the size of a standard starfigher, but is rocking a rather impressive armament. If this were a standard sized starfighter, droid or not, I'd say that you're rocking two more cannons than you should be. But, this thing is half the size of a normal starfighter and doesn't have to worry about life support...

I'm going to need you to either cut the armament in half or increase the size of this starfighter.

If you cut the armament in half, I'll let you bump the squadron count up to 18 due to the small size. If you cut half the laser cannons and reduce it to one ion cannon or one energy torpedo launcher, I'll let you bump the squadron count to 24. Again... due to the size and speed difference between this submission and a standard starfighter.

Marek Starchaser said:

• 180 hours of fuel
This is seven and a half days of fuel.
My truck doesn't have seven and a half days of fuel.
My truck's lucky if it last three days.
And my truck doesn't have to move through space.

Not that I'm comparing this to a truck or anything, but could you drop this down to somewhere under 24 hours?

Corey's OOC

And where were the spiders
Well, first your truck is wrong. This can have 7 and a half days of fuel.

Or like hours could've been meant to be minutes ;)

So, cut my armament in half, 2 lasers, 1 ion, 1 energy torp, squad count at 24.

How are we looking, oh Mighty [member="War Hydra"]?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom