Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Mando Reaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matreya

cb15.jpg

Image Source: Spiral.org

Intent: To assist a galaxy that has minimal offensive abilities against Beskar..
Development Thread: Here
Manufacturer: Merr-Sonn Inc,
Model: Mando Reaper
Affiliation: Closed Market (WILL REQUIRE PURCHAZE THREAD)
Modularity: NA
Production: Limited

Material: Durasteel | Vibro-Tech

Description: The heads are small, lithe, and easily attached to either a bolt or arrow shaft. Crafted from folded durasteel, they are dense, but no where near light saber proof, let alone resistant. Even with the Vibro-Tech active, this is still the case. The upside to such being that the tech resonates at a frequency that is hard to match.

In other words, after digging through old archives, Valashu located a bit of information on Beskar, and was able to gather its durability, tensile strength, and all the accompanied information. Next was simply allocation of the barest contact with it, which he found in the contact with a Mandalorian. Rather than fight the man, he simply had scanners in his HUD take notes, to which he garnered the collaboration of both sets back at the office.

With the knowledge gathered, Valashu had the tech made to resonate as a means to see its uses. Maybe it could be used to destroy other dense materials as well? No. Against Beskar, the interaction would be of the arrow seemingly slipping unopposed into the mineral. To other materials? It utterly decimates the costly tech, in the effect returning it to a regular durasteel arrow. Bones and flesh however, are not as high of a frequency requirement.

Basically it takes an ordinary arrow, adds an edge designed to cut through Beskar alone, but also limits itself. With the edge contacting another mineral, it will break, lessening even the basic puncturing capability, all the while the edge itself also drawing a large amount of energy to sustain its use. After a few seconds, the edge returns to an average arrowhead.

STRENGTH:
  • Can puncture Beskar on a scale of an enhanced lightsaber
WEAKNESSES:
  • Zero additional capabilities (is an eighth inch thick, thus can be destroyed if hardly batted by even a normal sword)
  • Distance is key; if it does not reach its target quick enough the charge on the Vibro-Tech will die out, effectively returning it to an ordinary arrow
Primary Source: NA

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Valashu Elahad said:
Basically it takes an ordinary arrow, adds an edge designed to cut through Beskar alone, but also limits itself. With the edge contacting another mineral, it will break, lessening even the basic puncturing capability, all the while the edge itself also drawing a large amount of energy to sustain its use. After a few seconds, the edge returns to a dull arrowhead.

Valashu Elahad said:
STRENGTH: Can puncture Beskar on a scale of an enhanced lightsaber

Valashu Elahad said:
Development Thread: If necessary
Without development this is not getting approved, unless you intend to remove the ability to cut through beskar. Otherwise you are looking at thirty-five to forty posts of development in creating this tech.

Matreya

Alright. Can do. With luck I can have that done... uhm...

Maybe late Sunday.

Just as a question, considering I will be soloing this most likely: can quality overcome quantity? Ie, I do 10k+ words?

[member="Braith Achlys"]

Valashu Elahad said:
Meant 10k+ with less posts themselves.
Provide quality posts and we'll see if it's a valid trade-off. I'll archive this for now, send me a PM when you think you have enough development and I'll pull the submission out and we can talk it over then. You can also lower production for less development.

Matreya

Done.

Changed wording on a couple sentences, and also added that flesh and bone are not something to stop the projectile. Beneath the Vibro-Tech it is still an arrow after all.
[member="Lisette Kuhn"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom