Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Malephus-class Star Destroyer

Status
Not open for further replies.
—————————————————————— The Malephus ——————————————————————
GcgTAqD.png

—————————————————————— OOC Information ——————————————————————
Intent: To create a star destroyer for the Black Sun Cartels
Image Source: Drawn by Myself (I will make improvements to it over time)
Canon Link: N/A
Primary Source: N/A

—————————————————————— Production Information ——————————————————————
Designer: Mor Selachi
Manufacturer: Interstellar Shipping Technologies
Affiliation: Black Sun Cartels
Model: Malephus-class Star Destroyer
Production: Minor (Exclusive to Black Sun)
Materials
—————————————————————— Technical Specifications ——————————————————————
Classification: Star Destroyer
Length: 1700m
Width: 400m
Height: 346m
Armament: Very High
  • [1] Spinal-mounted Hypervelocity Cannon
  • [15] Octuple Heavy Turbolaser Turrets
  • Turbolasers Turrets
  • Ion Cannons
  • Point-defense Laser Turrets
  • Concussive MIRV Missile Launchers
Defenses: Very High
  • Multi-layer Deflector Shields
  • Multi-layer Beskar Ablative Plating
Hangar Space: Base: 3 Squadrons (2 Starfighter Squadrons, 1 Support Squadron)
Maneuverability Rating: Low
Speed Rating: Low
Hyperdrive Rating: Average

—————————————————————— Standard Features ——————————————————————
Sensors: Standard Star Destroyer Sensor Suit (HSI/DER/EPR/AS/LFI)
Communications: Encrypted Battle Network and Communications Suite, Encrypted Starfighter Command Suite
Astrogation: Standard Astrogation Suite with Galaxy Map
Propulsion:
  • [3] Large Ion Thrusters
  • Ion Maneuvering Thrusters
—————————————————————— Advanced Features ——————————————————————
Drones: The Malephus has a number of deployable drones at it's disposal.
  • Long-range Reconnaissance Probes (Can provide long-range targeting telemetry)
  • Repair Drones
—————————————————————— Strengths and Weaknesses ——————————————————————
Juggernaut: The Malephus offers both extreme firepower and very high defensive protection. With point-defense systems, multi-layer deflector shields, and multiple layers of beskar plating, the Malephus will have exceptional durability.
Forward-Facing Slopes: The Malephus features three forward facing slopes, which allows for greater forward firepower capabilities. Anything in front of the vessel can be exposed to all of the Malephus' weaponry. This also has the added benefit of added armor sloping for hits taken from the front of the vessel.
Internal Crew Compartments: Unlike common Star Destroyer designs, all of the Malephus' crew compartments are within the hull of the vessel, including the bridge, providing them with maximum protection.
Reduced Side Firepower: Due to the shape of the Malephus, only around two-thirds of the vessel's armaments could be aimed at targets off to any of the ship's sides.
Rear Blindspot: There is also a major rear-facing blind-spot for most of the weapons, granted the thrust plumes of the vessel will keep most vessels in close-range from making use of the blind-spot.
Slow: The Malephus is fairly slow, a cost incurred by it's size, excessive weaponry and armor.

—————————————————————— Description ——————————————————————
The Malephus is shaped like that of a tall, three-sided pyramid, with a flat top. This design was envisioned by the Hutt, Mor Selachi, a shipwright of the Black Sun Cartel. He wanted to design a powerful star destroyer for the Black Sun, and decided one with exceptional firepower would be a good bet for an organization that otherwise makes excellent use of smaller vessels and starfighters. The interior crew compartments are arrayed like a tower, with gravity pointing down toward the engines. This tower format allows for a degree of the inertia to act as gravity, in the place of artificial gravity, allowing the ship to save some power for other things.

[member="Ares"], Hey! I'm going to be working alongside you as we move this submission through the factory review and approval process. Before I can slap an approval on this, I'd like to bring a few items to your attention....

Ares said:
Classification: Star Destroyer
Length: 1700m
Width: 400m
Height: 346m
Armament: Extreme
  • [1] Spinal-mounted Hypervelocity Cannon
  • [15] Octuple Heavy Turbolaser Turrets
  • Turbolasers Turrets
  • Ion Cannons
  • Point-defense Laser Turrets
  • Concussive MIRV Missile Launchers
Defenses: Very High
  • Multi-layer Deflector Shields
  • Multi-layer Beskar Ablative Plating
Hangar Space: Base: 3 Squadrons (2 Starfighter Squadrons, 1 Support Squadron)
Maneuverability Rating: Moderate
Speed Rating: Low
Hyperdrive Rating: Low
When I plug your ratings with the size of this ship into this spreadsheet, it comes out as "Extremely Overpowered." To avoid the likelihood of encountering reports in the future from other writers, I would suggest that you fiddle around in the spreadsheet to better balance this ship.

Please remember to tag me with any edits or clarifications made in regards to this submission

[member="Alden Akaran"]

Hey! I made appropriate changes.

I didn't know there was a spreadsheet until now. I'll make sure to use that in the future! I noticed it doesn't account for hyperdrive rating. At the time I thought that contributed to the balance that's why I set it to Low, but looking at it now, I can see why that's not really factored in from a practical standpoint. Doesn't really become a factor in actual RP.

I adjusted them so that they're balanced now. Kind of reflects the "Elite Star Destroyer" in the templates page.
Armament: VH
Defenses: VH
Hangar Space: B
Maneuvering Rating: L
Speed: L
Production is still set to Minor, and I changed the hyperdrive rating to average since it doesn't seem to factor in too much, but if that's too much as well feel free to let me know.

[member="Ares"], thank! And that spreadsheet it in the available templates; it just kind of hides a little bit. I'm just happy you now have it for future use; it is quite the helpful tool.

One more small little housekeeping thing, if you would, though. I know it seems a bit tedious, but if you could move the "OOC Information" subject to the top of the sub to mirror the templates, that would be absolutely amazing! If you can do this I will happily stamp this with me seal of approval right away!

[member="Alden Akaran"]

Oh, alright. Sorry, it's an old habit from my other site.

I added a little to the end of the Description as well. Nothing serious just a detail I forgot to mention. It mainly talks about how the crew compartment is arranged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom