Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Makuyu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Images: https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.Mfb1556b60851d0353d0545c32153a483o0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=255&h=160

Name: Makuyu

Region: Wild Space
System: Letter Kenny Sector
Suns: 2, Main Star: (Solaruus to Natives, X-965 to non-natives) F5 TYPE. Secondary Star (Balloos to natives (X-966 to non-natives) F5 TYPE. Both Hold the planet in an almost perfect figure eight, making it extremely hard to navigate in and out or detect the planet itself during certain times of the year. Each sun has it's own independent station.
Orbital Position: Almost outside of Habitable Zone
Moons: Asteroids Mostly, Theorized to be missing chunks of the planet from impact. Major debri fields, often used by scavengers where they can block off and restore power to certain parts of the ships. One major station, with old Imperial Markings.
System Features: One other large planetoid, local legends say that the sun gods pushed them into each other to punish the inhabitants for not praying. Every year, for a week, they share an atmosphere.
Coordinates: 14, 15
Rotational Period: One Day Summer: 12 Hours or so
Orbital Period: 2 (1 for each star)

Class: Terrestial
Diameter: 20,000 KM
Atmosphere: Type 1 Atmosphere (Much more Oxygen)
Climate: Temperature Varies. Closer to South pole is more arid and closer to Australia. Closer to North Pole is more Canadian Esque Climate Ranges. Anything in between is generally temperate.
Gravity: Three Times Standard
Primary Terrain: Tundra, Oceans, Islands, Forests, Grasslands, Jungles.
Native Species: Makuyuans (Humanoids)
Immigrated Species: Varied From Imperial Stations above world
Primary Languages: Makuyese
Government: Tribal Governments (Natives) Parliament ran Imperial Section.
Population: 1 billion Imperial Descendants. To date: 3 billions Makuyuans. As Counted last by the Identifier Bureau.
Demonym: Makuyuans
Major Imports: N/A
Major Exports: N/A

Affiliation: ?

Major Locations:
Capital City (Stations)
Established as a Science Research Station during the reign of Palpatine, much has changed since it's inception. Now, Tarkin Station has been converted into a living station of ramshackle homes with the upper levels reserved for the rich and elite. A large, sprawling complex, Tarkin Station still flies her old flags and banners and maintains her own Imperial station.

Main Imperial Encampment Planetside
A beachhead against the natives and a source of resource allocation for the maintaining of their home station, Palpatine's Palisade is strategically one of their most important garrisons on this world. Often the elite stormtroopers are sent here, yet those newer recruits who anger their superiors or criminals are also deployed to this area as punishment.

Old Gods Forest for Tribal Range
Seen as the traditional home of the Makuyuans, the Forest itself is massive and the encroaching Imperials have discovered her defenders aren't much smaller. Often home to the various wandering tribes, the Forest itself is generally the site of war after war after war. Known to house a major building known to the locals as 'The Temple to the Stoic God,' the Forest itself is situated around the equator.

Central City (natives)
Located deep behind the walls of the Forest itself, the Central City was build around TTOTSG (The Temple of the Stoic God). Serving as a point of meeting for the tribes that wander throughout the planet itself and for those running from the IMperials left on-world. Rumored to actually have electricity, Central City is perhaps the only major settlement on the planet surface.

Culture: The Dangers of living on the planet are very obvious. Due to the Gravity associated with it, and the amount of genetic experiments performed on animals prior at the location, Makuyu itself is a hunting grounds the likes of which are only equaled in part by Kashyyk's notorious areas. Housing great beasts of ore, some holding metal plating where chitin and hide normally form. Makuyu's main settlements are build revolving around militias, hunting, and other various aspects of militaristic city-states. The strongest will survive, and the best beast eats best (Makuyuan Saying).

Makuyuan Society is dominated by the strong, hard willed leaders. Lead by a High Chieftan and a Council of Elders, it resembles many tribal lead groups. Tribal leaders build their own following out of whoever runs with them, and in the end may bid for High Chieftan.

The Arts are generally cave paintings with the spare people trying to do so on their own produced parchment. Sports revolve around something similar to boloball. Militaristicly speaking, every Makuyuan is expected to rally to war.

Religion is a very touchy subject on Makuyu. It varies per tribe, as most have their own pantheon of gods consisting of storied warriors within their own sect of life.
Technology: Makuyu generally has it's own technological track that keeps it on par with most of the galaxy. Generally speaking, that is. Still rather fond of swords, spears, and bows; Makuyu has a repetoir of older weaponry much larger then it's modern.
History:
A Palpatine-Doctrine gone horribly wrong, Makuyu was begun when a Scientific crew seeking to find smaller and easier-managed power similar to the death star accidentally created a star in an empty section of space. The accelerated formation of two stars caused cosmic dust to collide and form planetary bodies at an alarming rate, and the Scientists watched in awe as life was formed. Unaware of the outside galaxy once their communication was cut off, the Top-Secret facility continues to operate at the same capacity it did prior; furthering Science for the Empire.

The Makuyuans legendary distrust of Imperials formed early on, when they were forced to breed outside of their mates like livestock. Over time, revolts and wars were waged leaving what can only be known today as a stalemate.

Due to The Gulag Plague, a majority of the Imperial Presence was decimated leaving it's population similar to what it is now. The 400 Year Darkness saw the planet continue as it normally did, and the Netherworld Event merely cemented the Makuyuan's Distrust for the Empire when their children disappeared in groups. Only recently has the explosion in conflict finally slowed down.

Notable PCs: Will be making my player character for this planet and the species being made for it once planet is approved.
Intent: My goal is to further player options and give people more liberty of choice, while also adding grounds and possible goals for interfaction RP. It's really and open sandbox guys.
<The purpose and reason for making this planet. Goals for the planet. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!>

Greetings, [member="@O'saam Echoy'la"]. I'll be reviewing your submission today.

First off: there is no 'Letter Kenny Sector', and a planet called 'Makuyu' wouldn't be located in one - the two just don't go together. If you're creating a sector name, you should choose something that fits the local region of space (Togoria is in the 'Taldot' Sector, while Kashyyyk is in the 'Mytaranor' sector). It needs to be something a little more appropriate to the locale. I should also note that the area you've picked out on the map (14,15) is in the same hex as Togoria and Kashyyyk, and is therefore located in the Mid Rim, not Wild Space.

Now, a binary system with two F-type stars would be unusual, though not impossible: I do need you to clarify the orbit of the planet you've indicated: is it orbiting one of the two stars, or does it have some other orbital path? Also, if it shares an atmosphere with another planet once a year, the two planets would have destroyed each other: the speed of mutual orbit would generate an atmospheric sheer that would easily render both uninhabitable on their first collision. You're probably thinking of Onderon and Dxun, which always share an atmosphere: these two are orbitally stable, and thus are constant companions. Two planets acting as you've described would just not exist, because they'd ultimately collide and strip off the atmosphere of the other.

The rotational period doesn't fit: a 12-hour orbital rotation would be fine, but a 1-day summer? In a Binary system? Summer is based on relative proximity and axis towards the local star. With two, on the edge of the habital zone, you'd be expecting at least a 2-3 week summer as the orbit approaches proximity of at least one of the two Type-2 stars. Given that there's a very small habitable zone in a binary system of that nature, you'd be expecting longer summers, not shorter ones.

3 times standard gravity, by the by, would crush the human body into a very tiny space, compressing the space between molecules and turning you into something roughly the size of a ping-pong ball. You'd certainly not see the level of life on the planet that you've noted. I know it sounds cool, but it's impossible for life to survive at that level of compression. Also the planetary size of 20,000 is close to becoming a Gas Giant: Earth is 12,800km, as point of reference. Also, a planet of that size couldn't possibly generate such a strong gravitational field: gravity is proportionate to mass, so you see the problem...

Please note that a change in gravity will also necessitate an alteration to the cultural notations you've added.

The genetic experiments: I get making beasts of large size and armour-plating, but with metal ore instead of chitin or hide? I don't buy that are all: you might make some of said monstrosities in your lab, but if they managed somehow to breed (which I also wouldn't think was possible), they'd certainly not be born that way. It would be an artificial adaptation, something grafted onto them. I'd also expect to see a species submission attached to this: we don't want any odd aberrant species being taken off-world for use by anybody without that!

Now, onto the History:

There's absolutely no way that what you suggest is plausible. First, Imperial scientists accidentally create a star. Even assuming that was reasonable, there's no way it would then form a stable system within which a lush planet would form. This isn't Star Trek's Genesis Project: in fact, it's worse than that, because they just created a living biosphere from a dead one. You're talking about full planetary formation in a new binary star system with formation of life within the space of a few decades, such that the planet had cooled, begun forming life and had thereafter been colonised by Imperials loyal to the Palpatine government. That's a space of twenty years. It's just physically not possible.

I think you've got a lot of work to do to shape this up into a viable planet submission - as it stands, right now, this could be outright rejected. I won't deny it yet, but I want to see some heavy changes made before we go forward. I'm sorry I can't offer you better feedback (because some of the ideas you've put in are interesting), but this planet is utterly implausible. It simply wouldn't work - and I am led to wonder if you couldn't achieve whatever your objectives are with something simpler, or using an existing planet. Perhaps if we talk about that, we can find something suitable?

Also, if you've any scientific research that's prodded you in the direction of particular parts of your submission, I'd appreciate it if you could link them for me. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom