Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Magma Paradise

Really, whose bright idea was it to build a headquarters on this level of hell?

The same question Andanian asked himself every time he landed on Sullust and opened a window. Really, how beautiful could this landscape be? The weather is dry, hot, and utterly dreadful. The air is smoggy and full of ash, almost toxic to his human lungs. A bandana around his mouth and goggles over his eyes was never enough.

Andanian had just finished his smuggling run to Bestine, and was about to go pay a visit to his employer to get the cargo for his last run. However, after flying through some space debris on the way there, his starship had some smudges that needed to be buffed out. After touching down in the hangar of the Sullust GAHQ, Andanian began climbing on top of his starship with a toolbox. He started walking around on the top, searching for dents, smudges, and burns that may have gotten past his shield.

[member="Sylvia Nuru"]

Even though it had been three days since Sylvia returned from Soceras and the raucous night club, The Angel's Den, she still didn't feel like her energetic self. Whether they slipped something in her drink or - more likely - the fact that she had way too many drinks that night had kept her horribly hungover the entire next day and then in a foggy state ever since.

This is why I don't go out with Muriel, she thought, although she had met a cute boy that night and was able to come out of her shell a little bit.

But it was back to business now with the Galactic Alliance. Sylvia was in the hangar on Sullust, and although she really wanted to pilot an X-wing again, today she was overseeing repairs to her regular fighter, an OS-G1 Guardian. The astromech droid from the X-wing, the little red one she named Cardinal had come to visit her. She only knew his because as she stood watching the engineer curse and rattle around in the guts of the ship, the droid bumped right into the back of her legs, startling her.

"Oh hello there," she said, turning around. "You nearly took me out just now." After some bleeps and whistles from Cardinal, Sylvia said, "Yes, I want to fly again with you too."

She gazed around the hangar and noticed another Alliance pilot next to her crawling around on the top of his ship. He had a slightly annoyed expression on his face, but the clogged and smoky air on Sullust tended to irritate the lungs if you didn't take the right precautions. Currently, Sylvia wore her flight suit but nothing around her face to keep out any unwanted sulfuric smell. She stepped closer to his ship and said in a friendly, melodious voice, "It's not the Naboo Lake Country, is it?"

Sylvia barely knew anyone in the Galactic Alliance - except maybe the droid - and although not an overly social creature that she was, it would be nice to have some acquaintances.

[member="Andanian Ategann"]

Andanian had just knelt down, pulling his goggles and bandana over his face, and started sorting through his tools to buff out a particularly deep dent near the antenna, when a female voice beckoned from below. I seem to be meeting lots of ladies lately. They really do dig the rag-tag rebels, don't they? he wondered, smirking beneath his bandana before standing up and heading over to the side of his ship and peeking his head over to get a look at her.

"I wouldn't know, never been. It must be nicer than it is here, right? Can't get much worse." he said, his voice slightly muffled by the bandana over his mouth.

[member="Sylvia Nuru"]

The fellow pilot - or so she assumed - wore a bandana over his face, which somewhat obscured his features. His hair was dark underneath the googles.

"I've been there once on leave," she said, looking up at him still. "Of course, it was when I was a student at the Coruscani Pilot Institute, and I could only afford a small bungalow. Still, it's a beautiful place." Sylvia's green eyes scanned the horizon of Sullust momentarily as though idly searching for the Lake Country out there in the stars. Then her gaze returned.

"I haven't seen you in the hangar before, but I suppose I've been away. I'm Sylvia Nuru." In her hand, she held a datapad, and it made a beeping sound as though she had a message or notification. Her brows crinkled as she examined the device. A tight frown marred her features for a few seconds, and she turned off the datapad as though she didn't want to deal with whatever she'd seen on the screen.

"Are you in one of the squadrons here?" the red-haired pilot asked.

It became clear to Andanian that the repairs on his starship could wait, so he sat down on the edge of the ship with his legs dangling down and pulled his goggles off of his face, icy hazel eyes staring down at her, "Andanian. Nice to meet you, Sylvia. No, i'm no pilot, i've been doing smuggling runs for the Alliance lately." he decided to remove the bandana from his mouth as well, taking a second to adjust to the toxic air, "So you're a pilot, too, huh? Huh. The Alliance sure does have a lot of those. Feels like everyone i've met here has either been a starfighter pilot or a Jedi. Maybe it's just a small world." he shrugged.

"By the way, do you have a spare hydrospanner I can borrow?"

[member="Sylvia Nuru"]

Sylvia hoped she wasn't bothering the young man, but he seemed friendly enough and sat down on the edge of his ship so he could better see her. But he was no pilot; he was a smuggler. Weapons maybe? Other banned or illegal goods?

At his request for a hydrospanner, the red-haired pilot retrieved one from the toolbox of her engineer. Handing it up to him, she said, "I don't regularly do repairs on my ship. Of course, I know the basics, and if I were stranded I could probably re-wire it enough to get off the ground again." She did take some fighter repair classes at the Institute. "But I come from the First Order," Sylvia continued. "Everything was so regimented there. We couldn't even touch the TIE Fighters, much less tinker around inside them."

Needless to say the Galactic Alliance was much more scrappy and with less restrictions. This both fascinated the pilot and also disrupted obsessive-compulsive sense of procedural integrity.

"What do you smuggle?" she asked.

Now that she mentions it, she does sound a bit...imperial. Andanian almost felt ecstatic at the mention. Another ex-imperial in the Alliance?! Was he not the only one who has to deal with the embarassment?! He grinned, forgetting his bandana was down and for a moment, worrying he looked like a creep.

"The First Order? Huh. We have something in common. Deserters of the Empire. I thought I was the only one." he said as he caught the hydrospanner she tossed up to him, nodding a thanks to her. "I haven't been around long, but you're right about that. The Alliance offers a lot more...freedom. There's less order, and it's a bit of a change. I'm starting to like it. I get my own starship I can do what I want to!" he said, chuckling.

"Well, when I say 'Im a smuggler' I...am, just not professionally or anything. I've been taking goods around Alliance space and beyond to synpathizers to bolster their support. Helps them start to trust me and reassure them that i'm not a spy, and I get to use this ship and get some credits. Hopefully, if the rumors of the upcoming strike back against the Empire, they'll even let me volunteer." he explained. Suddenly, knowing this girl was a fellow ex-imperial, she already felt far more comfortable talking with her than nearly anyone else around the base.

"By the way, if you need help fixing up your ship - whatever it may be - I can help out. Before going into the Imperial Academy, I worked with starships part-time for years. Learned a lot." he smiled, tapping the hydrospanner into the palm of his other hand.

[member="Sylvia Nuru"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom