Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Lore Maggot Apprentice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarsin Kenn

T
kOPphOy.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: An extremely popular Neimoidian reality show.
  • Image Credit: Me
  • Canon: No
  • Permissions: None
  • Links: None
GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Media Name: Maggot Apprentice
  • Format: Holo reality show
  • Distribution: Scattered (very popular throughout the Neimoidian worlds and on Muunilinst)
  • Length: Medium. Half-Neimoidian-hour format.
  • Description: Maggot Apprentice follows ambitious young Neimoidians as they compete for a coveted internship (unpaid) with sponsoring commerce guilds.
SOCIAL INFORMATION
  • Author: A succession of Neimoidian entertainment cartels.
  • Publisher: A succession of Neimoidian entertainment cartels. Many have died for the rights to this show — or worse, gone bankrupt.
  • Reception: Maggot Apprentice is enormously popular among its target demographics, and ignored or derided elsewhere. It is immensely niche.
FORMAT INFORMATION
Each season culls a pool of potential interns from a maggot farm. Each episode contains several business challenges. In each episode, after a collective decision by the host and guest captains of industry, one maggot is exiled to become a semi-sapient drone, and one is given a prize meal at the shoulder of a sponsoring captain of industry.

CONTENT INFORMATION
Like many of Neimoidian heritage, Tarsin Kenn was raised on the grounded wisdom of Maggot Apprentice, as explained by both the show and his Neimoidian parent:
  • "Get some profit motive or you'll be a maggot forever!"
  • "Son, if you haven't made it in the next year, I'm taking you to the maggot farm."
  • "Only drones forget the Rules of Acquisition! No dessert for you!"
  • "Why, when I was your size I was TWICE your size!"
  • "Get away from that caf machine! Caf is for FAT maggots! Caf is for closers!"
  • "I know a drone when I see one, and you are a D-R-O-N-E."
The show goes through hosts frequently due to corruption and backstabbing, some of which makes it onto the show.

HISTORICAL INFORMATION
The origins of Maggot Apprentice are lost to time. As of 870 ABY, it is on Season 2247. It has aired throughout the most tumultuous periods of galactic history, though the Gulag Virus did impact the ratings as high-performing maggots were lured away by competitive opportunities in biowaste processing.

My sincerest thanks to Valik Valik for workshopping this with me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tarsin Kenn

This is a fun submission! There's just a couple of things to address. First, I need some links for Neimoidian and Muunilinst. In addition, under "Length", I will need you to add one of the classifications from the template (Minuscule, Short, Medium, Long, Epic, or Recurring). You may keep the current specification in that field as well, if you wish.

Beyond that, I would love to see a little bit more about the show format. Is there a host? Are there multiple challenges for maggots in each episode? How are eliminations determined? Is it via a panel of judges, or perhaps a popular vote?

Let me know when the necessary changes are made and we can move forward with this.

Tarsin Kenn

T
@
Tarsin Kenn

This is a fun submission! There's just a couple of things to address. First, I need some links for Neimoidian and Muunilinst. In addition, under "Length", I will need you to add one of the classifications from the template (Minuscule, Short, Medium, Long, Epic, or Recurring). You may keep the current specification in that field as well, if you wish.

Beyond that, I would love to see a little bit more about the show format. Is there a host? Are there multiple challenges for maggots in each episode? How are eliminations determined? Is it via a panel of judges, or perhaps a popular vote?

Let me know when the necessary changes are made and we can move forward with this.
That should do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom