Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Lupus et Carnis

Apostle of Apocalypse

THE_KING_OF_WOLVES-THE_EYE_OF_TERROR-THE_APOSTLE_OF_APOCALYPSE
I was BETRAYED. I was SCARRED. I was CHOSEN.
I am R I S E N

ezgif.com-optimize_1.gif

~THEME~​

MAR'ZAMBUL | WASTELAND

Mar'Zambul was a barren world filled with pain and adrenaline. Its natives were a prime example of what you should expect in Mawite space and by my personal experience made excellent recruits for the hordes. I haven't been here before, at least not on the surface, but I knew its people very well, recruited thousands into the Sons and used them. They were not as effective and impressive as the Graug but a worthy addition. Everyone was if they were just devoted enough to violence. I showed my fangs with a grim smile as I thought about it.

We had established a campsite, some fires were burning in between the landers which brought us here. It was in the middle of a large plain, dust storms raged at the horizon, some mountains were in sight and the heat was basically frying everything which was not protected. I felt how the skin on my head was being burnt by it. It would be nothing serious or even noteworthy, but the pain which would come with it in a couple of days would be more than welcome.

I had invited the Scar Hounds and Thomas Barran Thomas Barran here. We were not friends, probably not even allies. There was not much of the Maw left and usually it was tearing itself apart and only minor remnants persisted around the galactic plain. His and my own were two of them, there was another in the Outer Rim called Ekaddon the Arsonist, but he was a known coward. Thomas on the other hand, was a semi-prominent character, an individual who was feared and infamous. I did not have aspirations for it.

Until now.

1st Post
kXmxRsp.png

tetansun.PNG

-SURVIVING THE FUTURE-
kXmxRsp.png

sabrina-glik-higgs.png

THE_BLOODHOUND
GREAT KHAN OF THE SCAR HOUNDS

WARDEN OF RHIGAR & MAR'ZAMBUL
DIVINE CHAMPION OF THE DARK THREE
pngegg_2.png

Tags: Ushyrtan Etogaur Ushyrtan Etogaur

kXmxRsp.png

kXmxRsp.png

THE BLOODHOUND SAGA I: STARING INTO FLAME - PART 1
fortwrathHEADER.PNG
Dragon-Rest Station, Western Wastes,
Koron Province, Mar'Zambul

The ones who served before me, they know these people.
And I need allies now more than ever - its almost too convenient.

But then again, these aren't the Swarm - different rules apply.

Since their last visit to Scar Hound space, much had changed on Mar'Zambul and Rhigar alike, but then again, the Bloodhound couldn't deny that much had also changed for everyone in the Galaxy in turn.

This only made the one-eyed Woad all the more curious, giving him reason enough to keep the Tribe's devoted warrior atop Mt. Cerberus until ordered otherwise, as despite the dangers posed by sudden, unprompted landings on their home-planet, the invitation itself seemed to compound the fact there was something of a hidden test of bravery in the foreign Warmaster's message. Under other circumstances, and in consideration of other such divine scourges on the Galaxy, other blood-letters of Mawite or Sith ideals, there was a chance this test would have been an effort to find weakness or indecision in the spirit of rivalry. But this Apostle of Apocalypse was a different matter entirely, as the visitor seemed to retain warrior-like traits that seemed more in line with a Goidelic test of a potential ally's resolve, almost as if this individual could see potential in the Scar Hounds already.

More than enough reason for the Bloodhound to descend from his seat of power to meet this gathering alone, as a solitary showing of bravery would be enough, deciding then to stroll unarmed towards their camp as if he was discovering them by random chance. Even going so far as to indulge in pretending to be a Marauder of lower rank to his own, just to see how long it would take for the new arrivals to realise who was gracing their camps with his presence, and to further goad himself into going through with it, Thomas rationalised this as the least-harmful way to get an accurate read on the collective-mindset of their visitors.

'You, in the skull mask - stay right there!'

And yet, it seemed like Barran's best-laid plans were as easily foiled as they were imagined.

'Identify yourself, Raider!'

Whoever this mysterious fellow was, the one leading them was extremely-well protected, as it seemed quite miraculous to allow someone almost twice Barran's size and mass to get the drop on him so suddenly. But in the Bloodhound's equally-miraculous good fortune, the silent bodyguard had not yet picked up on who he was holding at axe-point at the time, and in the spirit of twisted Marauders' humour, decided there and then to keep his lips firmly on the matter.

'Hold that thought, you can tell the King of Wolves yourself.... Now start walking! Move!'
Every last member of the attending retinue (or at least all those who were close enough to see the visage of the hooded, masked captive in detail) would be able to hear the Bloodhound's poorly-stifled mirth, giggling away to himself as he passed them by, and all believed then that the silent-moving bodyguard had snatched up a local, stumbling buffoon of little or no importance. But despite their clear assumptions, none were acting out of turn, signifying something very specific to the Bloodhound in these moments, as solid, stalwart discipline of the sort was difficult to find in the Unknown Regions. The one-eyed Woad could feel it most of all in their silence, as he expected at least a little jeering or insults as his soundtrack for a while, but all their mouths were shut; and contrary to the heat of the raging campfires, the general temperament was cooler than the calmest of sea breezes, a testament to trained cohesion as much as it was to matters of energy-saving restraint.

'Sit as still as you can, Raider. And keep those hands of yours where we can see them - good.... Now, if you won't answer to me, then perhaps you might answer to my leader here.... You may introduce yourself - to the King of Wolves!'

Even whilst shrouded by the shifting, windy shadows, Thomas could tell Ushyrtan was formidable, and to such extremes that even Barran himself began to understand Etogaur's potential, staying perfectly-still as he visualised battle conditions of Hellish design that brought out the best in titans of Ushyrtan's sort. The Bloodhound could see almost immediately (and with great, prophetic ease-) that beings much larger, or stronger, would be needed just to see a fraction of the armoured giant's true power, seeing the makings of an effective war-machine before the King of Wolves had even bothered to step closer to the flames. Not that Etogaur needed such a display to exude that fearsome, violent aura, as Barran could still see it emanating well-enough with the one eye he had left, along with Ushyrtan's demonic gaze as it studied the masked captive.

Almost as if he could see the face behind the gold already, but in that shared scrutiny between them, the Bloodhound was given reason enough to bring his little intel-gathering game to an end. Enough had been learned already, and if it made no sense to play the role any longer, then Barran would quickly return to the right side of caution for the sake of making better first-impressions, and improved chances of survival. Powerful though the Woad had become, he was smart enough not to test his limits against a collective of vocational, skull-crushing warfighters, as even the strongest of Barran's cyborgs were likely to fail in a struggle against these titans.

'Ya see, the thing is - I'm not sure you would believe me if I told you outright. But if it's any consolation at all, belief has steadily become a big part of our lives here.... I am the Bloodhound, the Omen of Durace, Great-Khan of the Scar Hounds, an' the chosen Champion of the Dark Three.... See? But yes, I am the one you seek - despite how utterly insane I appear to be.'

scarblood.png

kXmxRsp.png

Apostle of Apocalypse

THE_KING_OF_WOLVES-THE_EYE_OF_TERROR-THE_APOSTLE_OF_APOCALYPSE
I was BETRAYED. I was SCARRED. I was CHOSEN.
I am R I S E N.

ezgif.com-optimize_1.gif

~THEME~​

I would smirk the cruelest of smiles, my sharpe teeth bared. My gaze would stare upon the Bloodhound with curiosity and amusement, his approach being more than intriguing and thrilling to say the least. And I could see it was not bravery or courage, not even boldness. It was pure madness and danger-ignoring defiance, it was admirable, respectable.

"Welcome amidst our round of true sons of violence." My arms were extended to include the warriors and creatures around, some were only barely fitting into the description of sentient, but they were all strong, violent and loyal. All I could hope for. "The Sons of Etogaur are skeptical how this little of a human can be so dauntless in their midst." My eyes peeked at them as they scoffed and looked at Thomas. I did not mean to insult him, just offer him some minor insight into what and who he was coming to deal with, we were not a bunch of mere cultists nor a cult of fanatics or a horde of brutes. We are all of that and nothing of it.

"Come, share my fire and drink." I would turn around to make my steps into what seemed like a shuttle with a tent attached, inside pelts and weapons decorating the walls and a fire burning in the midst of it, some crude and different chairs around it, some certainly bigger than others to fit the more massive of the warriors present. Three would actually come in with us, of three different origins. One was another former Rim-Guard brother, the second a heavily armored and augmented beast of a Graug and the last a red-skinned alien with devillish horns and a terrible saw-blade on his back.

The inside of the room carried an overwhelming smell for outsiders which we relished and embraced, it was dried blood, olibanum and sweet decay, a mixture which our trait brought with it apparently. It was a passive drug, an adrenal, an aphrodisiac which made us smile and enjoy ourselves, not as far as erotic pleasure, but it was physical pleasure for us.

I seated myself on what could only be described as a throne, covered in wolf-pelts of great size and varying color, skulls adorning it and it holding my armored weight with no difficulties. With a gesture some slaves arrived carrying bone carved jugs and horns with strong alcohol and some plates with bloody meat and bread.

"Rebirth." I toasted with my horn.

2nd Post
kXmxRsp.png

tetansun.PNG

-SURVIVING THE FUTURE-
kXmxRsp.png

sabrina-glik-higgs.png

THE_BLOODHOUND
GREAT KHAN OF THE SCAR HOUNDS

WARDEN OF RHIGAR & MAR'ZAMBUL
DIVINE CHAMPION OF THE DARK THREE
pngegg_2.png

Tags: Ushyrtan Etogaur Ushyrtan Etogaur

kXmxRsp.png

kXmxRsp.png

THE BLOODHOUND SAGA I: STARING INTO FLAME - PART 2
fortwrathHEADER.PNG
Dragon-Rest Station, Western Wastes,
Koron Province, Mar'Zambul

So they're also smarter than the archetypal brute.
These Sons of Etogaur seem handier than their image portrays.

Intriguing.
Thomas recognized the function of the room they were occupying by the time he was handed a drinking-horn, remembering that many a varying, smoky intoxicant had been applied in many a suchlike venue in the Bloodhound's storied second life so far, though the only smells he could detect were of natural, bloody origin. But in the expectation of a full room of warriors, only a few others had stepped into the empty tent-room with the two leaders, making the small-gathering of drinkers seem all the more business-like than the ice-breaker Thomas was perceiving on his way in - though the toasting and hospitality certainly helped to break the ice between them all the same.

'Rebirth!'

The warmth of the fire was inviting, though the aforementioned warmth began to register in a tingling fashion across the skin on the Khan's face when he removed his golden mask, but despite the fact it was chiefly for the sake of drinking without wastefully spilling any in the process, there was going to be a point where the mask would need to be removed either way. Revealing the eyepatch-wearing Woad beneath the golden-skull design, unveiling the resurrected leader of the Scar Hounds once and for all, along with the true expressions that hid beneath the cloaked cackling mystery. Placing the mask on the small table between himself and the others, though done so lacking all the flair and presentation of the behaviour that preceded the unmasking before, the Bloodhound then relaxed his posture and took his first gulps from the horn he was offered, only to find himself pleasantly surprised by the potency.

'We still pray to War an' Death here by the way, but in your toast, you made the correct assumption that here Rebirth is considered the Chiefmost of Three.... But like everything I do here tonight - there is a reason for that.'

'Before I forget though, my compliments to your distillers by the way. This stuff is actual fuel! Heh!'
, the Bloodhound continued, momentarily looking away from curious gazes to take another few sizeable gulps, taking advantage of the conversational pause in the effort to think of the most sane way to continue along his latest train-of-thought. New allies were needed, and certainly of a different mould to the Swarm and all their incompatibilities, but when Thomas eventually continued,'But anyways, firstly - for dragging me into a second existence.... A resurrection the Scar Hounds foresaw in a shared dream, all prophesying my rebirth in a time when raiders were still a little - uh - sceptical of the Avatars' divinity at the time.', he would permit nothing else of himself but full, maniacal commitment to transparency-between-tribes.

'An' secondly - for favouring the Scar Hounds in our Secret War on the Maw.... Or rather, on the monster the Maw became, all betrayers to the last burning corpse. We were blessed back then, witnessing many displays of celestial, godly power throughout that process.... Of all three Avatars, Rebirth is the one we view as the wonder.'
scarblood.png

kXmxRsp.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom