Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lunch

((Continued from here))

About midday,
Arisa took a break from her touring of the Force Academy to grab a bite to eat from the campus' local dining hall. What she found was a pretty basic affair inside a temporary warehouse module repurposed as a cafeteria. There was a large kitchen that produced hot meals from fresh goods right from local markets. For now, the kitchen was staffed by volunteers from the faculty and student body, and there was a dedicated space for allowing people to cook their own meals. On the floor, there were lines of integrated table-stools, ringed by small square tables with real chairs.

Along the beside
the kitchen, there was a line of vending machines that offered all sorts of food and beverages as supplement or alternative to whatever the kitchen was serving for the day. Many of the machines contained straight up junk food, but many were dedicated to providing specialized meals to accommodate those with dietary restrictions.

From the kitchen, she picked up an entree of
breaded fish with a side of steamed green veggies and a savory pastry. With a
craving for something fruity to drink, she picked up a bottle of chilled black cherry juice from one of the vending machines. Normally she would have had to pay credits for being a non-student, but her fees were waived as she verified herself as being a Jedi.

She had found herself inside the dining hall during the busiest segment of the day, as many had taken a recess from classes for lunch. The place was nearly packed, so she had to maneuver all the way to the far corner of the floor where there was still some empty tables remaining. She sat alone, but she certainly didn't feel that way with the loud chatter of the students around her. Mostly positive vibes from the collection of Force Sensitives. It must have been nice for all of them to be with people who could understand them perfectly like no other.

The fish turned out to be pretty good, though she could taste someone had been a tad too liberal with the use of oregano. She had a few bites of that just to sate her immediate hunger, then slowed down to picking with her meal as she pulled out her small datapad in one hand, messing with one of her
rhythm games. The game normally required the use of at least two thumbs, but the Jedi cheated by using telekinesis, visualizing her hands moving across the screens to provide input. In that way, she usually scored 100% completion at even the hardest settings, earning herself a spot high on the galactic leaderboards. It was an entertaining means to hone her abilities.

Katelyn Feanor

Two sides of a singular coin
[member="Arisa Yune"]

Katelyn stood off to one side of the cafeteria near the doorway. Her upper body and upper back laid against the wall closest to her while her her left leg crossed over her right, in a similar fashion to how her arms were crossed over each other as she leaned against the wall. Her violet-hazel eye drifted throughout the crowd of people in the cafeteria, as well as throughout the few people who were now just entering the cafeteria. Katelyn for one, didn't care too much for crowds...as it reminded her too much of painful memories buried deep within her mind. Plus, Katelyn just wasn't hungry. Her left cybernetic hand drew lazy circles upon her right forearm as she looked downwards. Though, she only looked downwards with one eye, her right eye. As her left eye was now covered by an eyepatch after having it jabbed out by a bounty hunter because she had been trying to escape. The thought of it alone, made Katelyn shudder in disgust. Katelyn was wearing a tight black tanktop, as was normal for her. Showing off the curves and lean yet muscular frame of her upper body, most noticeably was the beginning of an six-pack starting to form where her abdominal muscles were situated. Her legs were covered by a pair of black jeans as well.

After some thought, Katelyn decided to find some where to sit down. She stood up from her leaned position against the wall before making her way through the crowd, trying to look for an empty table. What she found was, only one table. The current person at the table seemed to have finished their food, at least that's what she assumed. While now, will the person was playing some type of game on her datapad. Though, that didn't phase Katelyn...she hardly cared. She mostly just wanted to see if she could find somewhere to sit...and possibly someone to spark a conversation with. Katelyns Australian accent stuck out easily as she talked.
"So...you ever been here before?"

Arisa looked up from her datapad as she felt attention being focused on her, finding her eyes become level with a well-defined set of washboard abs, which led upwards into a snug fitting top of black. Her eyes drifted upwards just to see one hazel eye staring back, the other covered by a large patch. It was a rare sight for the Jedi to behold such an individual, but this was the second in less than a month. It elicited uncomfortable memories of her time where she had missing limbs.

The woman spoke with a distinctive accent that reminded her of the Mandalorian dialect of Basic, though she had her doubts about this one being a Mandalorian. For one thing, she wasn't lumbering about in a suit
of beskar - those sorts were practically married to their armor, like how most Jedi were attached to their lightsabers. She definitely had the body of a soldier, though, which she seemed to have no qualms about putting on display with that tight number. Arisa was a little more conservatively dressed in a loose grey top and dark khaki slacks, dressed to contend with the muggy jungle weather. She would have killed to have the Enclave and academy situated in a more temperate area of the planet.

"Me? Actually no," Arisa started, setting down datapad and staying her fork hand. "It's my very first day here actually, just checking out the campus. You?"

She held off on identifying herself as a Jedi, playing it off as being a prospective student to the stranger. It was easy to do as she dressed so normally, lacking iconic weapon of the Jedi on her person. It had been years since she had wielded a lightsaber of her own construction.

[member="Katelyn Feanor"]

Katelyn Feanor

[member="Arisa Yune"]

Katelyn watched the woman across from her talk intently, whilst brushing some of her dark hair in front of her left eye. She had just lost it recently to a bounty hunter by having him gouge it out with his thumb while she was trying to escape. Whenever people looked upon it, it made Katelyn rather uncomfortable which was noticeably in her body expression by putting her hair in front of where her left eye was and giving a slight pained look though it wasn't too noticeable unless you were up close, like the woman across from her was. Now, as for Katelyn's cybernetic left arm…that was a different story. She displayed it without any thought about it…after all, the design was of her personal design which even held her signature written in it in red on the forearm which was unconsciously displayed towards the woman across from her. Though, one thing the woman across from her might notice other than her cybernetics…might be the purple lightsaber crystal necklace hanging around Katelyn's neck before dipping over her shirt and onto the black tank top.

Katelyn heard the woman across from her mention that she was just touring the facility which helped put Katelyn at ease some as her previous body language had suggested that she wasn't comfortable in large crowds…unless it was a party or nightclub of course.

"You know…I'm actually checking this place out as well! Sure…it interests me but it also brings back…memories of my o-old mast-" Katelyn caught herself before she continued on, before quickly changing the subject. "So…um, what force ability to you use most often? Strange question, I know…but hey, gotta start somewhere, am I right" She said the last part with a smile before continuing. "I'd say mine would have to be…pyrokinesis." While waiting for a response, Katelyn would unhook a sleek black-bladed knife from her leather belt before flipping it over repeatably in her left cybernetic hand.

The stranger quickly tried to shift gears diving into another topic, but Arisa didn't miss the mention of a master. She may have not given it a second thought if the woman hadn't just finished her sentence and moved on normally, but it had her curious on why she refrained to continue the line of thought. Was it out of sentimental reasons, or something more? Everything about this woman, including her current display knife tricks, just warranted questions.

"That's a tough one...I really don't specialize in any particular area, but I have a grasp of the basics like telekensis and telepathy. I find it easy to read the surface thoughts and auras of others, particularly when it comes to other Force Sensitives. We put out just as much as we take in."

She knew quite a bit more than she let on, but again, she was hiding her identity until she knew who she was dealing with here.

"I'm being rude though, would you like to take a seat? My name is Arisa, by the way."

Katelyn Feanor

[member="Arisa Yune"]

"That's cool! I dabble in telekinesis but I usually stay with using fire…it feels more natural if that makes any sense that is. Okay, sure if you're fire with it…and my names Katelyn."
Katelyn smiled at Arisa who she now knew was the woman sitting from across the table. Katelyn sheathed the knife she was fiddling with in her left hand before sliding it back within it's holster. She then pulled out the chair opposite of Arisa before taking a seat. For some reason, the force was telling Katelyn that Arisa was lying somewhat but she paid it no mind. Sure, she was listening to the force more and more often ever since she had to get an eyepatch…though their were those rare times where she decided that she wouldn't listen to it. Katelyns black tail waved around slightly as she sat within the chair before her tail started to move more and more slowly before moving within a more relaxes motion.

As she saw the swishing tail, Katelyn in her mind became "Kat". She wouldn't be too surprised at all if that's what the woman was called. Another interesting tidbit. Off the top of her head, she couldn't think of any species that the woman could belong to. The last species of felines she had encountered had been Togorians, a race that more or less resembled great cats walking around on their hind legs. Sans the tail, the woman looked almost human to her.

She nodded as Katelyn told her about her experience with telekinesis, though she didn't agree that they were separate techniques. She considered pyrokinesis to be a special discipline within the greater art of telekinesis.

"So, are you able to generate your own flames, or do you require a source to work with?"

Katelyn Feanor

[member="Arisa Yune"]

"I see you noticing my tail! Well…to be honest I'm a Human-Felacatian mix. You see, Felacatians are a humanoid species of cat-people who have the ability to transform into large predator cats when stressed or in combat…I for one, don't actually know if I can turn into a large cat…but who knows!"
Katelyn smiled as she was talking and then continued to hold the smile as Arisa talked. While listening to Arisa, Katelyn folded her right leg atop of her left leg to try and relax her currently cramped and stiff muscles. The reason that her muscles were stiff was due to her recently training some in hand-to-hand along with doing some other separate exercises. Though, when she had looked around the facility…she couldn't make out any form of a training facility or gym…though to be fair, she had only explored for a half hour before giving up. Plus, this was a huge facility anyways. Katelyn then heard Arisa ask her how she generated fire, once she had finished talking…Katelyn responded.
"Well more along the lines of the first one…haven't tried doing it from a source in awhile."

Arisa perked up at that revelation. The shapeshifting abilities of these Felecation genuinely interested her. The conditions that governed their shape-shifting reminded her of therianthropy, humans and other beings in mythologies shifting into another creature, such as a Lycan. Though with the power of alchemy, mythology could become reality when it came to Sithspawn.

"Something to try, I think. I for one would definitely jump at the chance to run around as tiger or panther. Do you know of the Darthomir Witches? Some within their ranks can shapeshift at will, almost into any form they like if the stories are to be believed. I'd like to meet one someday to confirm it."

She was smiling now, truly engaged in her conversation with Katelyn at this point. With introductions made, she resumed taking bites of her food between talking (always sure to have her mouth clear of course!).

"Your pyro abilities. That's another thing I would like to see. I'm almost finished with my lunch, so unless you want to grab something, we can go outside and do some sharing."

Katelyn Feanor

[member="Arisa Yune"]

"Really? Those Dathomirian witches can do that? That's so cool and interesting…now that makes me want to meet one! I mean sure…I was born on Dathomir but never had the chance to actually meet a witch…cause, you know…I was a baby, plus I had to go to live on Hoth cause of my adopted parents. Oh yeah, I'm adopted…ok, sorry for mentioning my whole life story!"
Katelyn smiled at Arisa before thinking about why she hadn't been able to shapeshift yet. True, she had never actually tried to shapeshift into a large cat before because she always forgot about it. Plus, she wasn't 100% positive that she could actually shapeshift into a large cat. But, she would probably have to try someday! Heck, that day could actually be today! Katelyn then focused back upon Arisa as she began to talk again. So, seems like she wanted to see Katelyns pyro abilities firsthand…which Katelyn was happy to demonstrate. Though, before going…she had to get a drink. Katelyn excused herself from the table temporarily before going over to a vending machine. She inserted some credits before clicking a button for a mixed-fruit drink before grabbing it and walking back over to Arisa.
"Now we can go!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom