Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Lucky Number None

Status
Not open for further replies.
pv5ptmE.png
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

• Intent: To create a personal tool for Raejar to utilize with his skills in telekinesis.
  • Image Source: DICE: The Cube that changes everything
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Restricted Missions: If Needed
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Balmorran Arms, Raejar, Sith Empire
  • Model: N/A
  • Affiliation: Raejar
  • Modularity: No
  • Production: Semi-Unique
  • Material: Alchemized Osmium
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Ammunition
  • Size: One-Handed
  • Width: 3.81cm
  • Height: 3.81cm
  • Length: 3.81cm
  • Weight: 600grams
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • N/A
Strengths:
  • Dense: Osmium being one of the denser materials in the galaxy allows more weight to be compacted into the small area that is the dice.
  • Durable: Osmium while practically useless against a lightsaber on its own, so through sith alchemy the metal was altered to allow it to withstand lightsaber strikes and blaster bolts akin to Sith Swords.
  • Force Imbued: The Dice are imbued with Raejar's aura so that they recognize him and makes it increasingly difficult for others to take control of them.
Weaknesses:
  • Weight: The weight of the dice is far heavier than any other dice in the galaxy making it difficult to carry many at once.
  • Rarity: There is a very limited amount of these dice and requires the user to collect them so as to not lose them.
  • Force nullification/bubble: If these dice were to get lost in a force dead area, or trapped in a force nullification bubble it will be impossible for Raejar to use them.

DESCRIPTION: Being raised by a telekinetic the past few years and taught to learn telekinesis by his master, Raejar is far from a stranger in regards to the ability. Whereas Keira Ticon is a powerhouse and would easily be able to simply lift a boulder and throw it with her strength Raejar has no hopes of matching her nor is he in her league, possibly never becoming as skilled as his guardian. In lieu of this, the Mahanaim thought of a better way to use the ability, while focusing on the environment and such is good he needed something that could be used in case of emergency. During his training with Alkor and reading from the journals of deceased Dark Jedi, Raejar learned of them taking smaller objects such as ball bearings and using the force to propel them at extreme speeds. Imitating this Raejar followed suit, but not completely, instead he gathered Osmium, using his ties to his Master to acquire it and manufacture them which was more than a simple task due to it not being highly sought after. The Osmium gathered made 25 of these oversized dice. The dice were given a design that made them appear archaic and catch ones' eye. Namely to draw attention away from how deadly they could be. They also came in handy when gambling.

Osmium is far from a light metal, and after contacting alchemists within the Sith Empire to alchemize it, what was a dense and heavy metal became much more. It makes it incredibly difficult to carry numerous of these dice into battle. A downside Raejar has to worry about is the loss of any of the dice, they are not cheap and if lost it's gone for good, especially since while allied with the Sith he doesn't have the clout to ask for more. One of the final touches Raejar asked was to lace his own energy and aura with the dice so as they’d respond to him making it incredibly difficult for someone else to alter or use them without great concentration. While just an apprentice Raejar can’t do much with the dice or focus on many, but eventually he’ll be able to propel more of the weighted dice. The one benefit they have over slugthrower rounds is the durability of alchemized objects and the great weight behind them transferring large amounts of kinetic force on impact. The edges are slightly sharpened to aid it with penetrating power.

Netherworld

<p>Hello, I'll be the factory judge reviewing your submission. If you have questions, please feel free to respond to this thread once we are underway.</p>

Netherworld

[member="Raejar"]

Cool concept, but there's a couple of issues we need to resolve.

Raejar said:
Production: Unique

Raejar said:
The neuranium gathered made 100 of these oversized dice.
  • That's not Unique production – it's Semi-unique.

Raejar said:
Material: Neuranium
  • Neuranium is a Restricted Material. If you want to use it, you'll have to complete the objective listed under its entry on the list:
    Neuranium (( Objective : Complete an entire role-play from the first person perspective in which you only use the first pronoun ( “I” or “me” or “my” ) only six times --OR-- participate on the winning side of a Rebellion with a minimum of 5 posts contributed. ))

Raejar said:
Weight: 1.5grams

Raejar said:
Dense: Due to the Neuranium used in the creation the dice are incredibly heavy capable of delivering large amounts of kinetic force on impact.
  • These two things don't fit together. 1.5 grams is about the weight of a normal plastic die, not something made out of an extremely heavy metal.
  • Change this to 300 g, and you have an actual weakness / strength. (For reference, Osmium, which is the densest RL metal, would result in around 250 g per die)

Raejar said:
capable of even withstanding contact with lightsabers for short amounts of time

Raejar said:
Yet that is balanced by the fact that they are capable of taking prolonged contact with lightsabers
  • Please fix the second quoted sentence. As the wookieepedia article states, they could only withstand contact for short amounts of time.

[member="Netherworld"]

I thought it would qualify as a type of ammunition? Like if you had a single magazine full. So how many would you recommend for it to be unique as it is a type of ammunition? I've done something similar with phrik ballbearings and even beskar throwing spikes in the past.

Actually, that was my mistake, I was trying to convert 1.5 lbs to grams. Which would've been around 680 grams, I just got mixed up when putting it in the submission. So could I go with somewhere between 400-680 grams?

Netherworld

[member="Raejar"]

Raejar said:
So could I go with somewhere between 400-680 grams?
  • Sure, that weight range is fine.
Raejar said:
So how many would you recommend for it to be unique as it is a type of ammunition?
  • Unique is only used when there's a single (1) instance of an object. Please change the Production to Semi-unique.
Netherworld said:
Neuranium is a Restricted Material. If you want to use it, you'll have to complete the objective listed under its entry on the list: Neuranium (( Objective : Complete an entire role-play from the first person perspective in which you only use the first pronoun ( “I” or “me” or “my” ) only six times --OR-- participate on the winning side of a Rebellion with a minimum of 5 posts contributed. ))
  • Please tell me if you're going to be keeping the Neuranium – and thus doing the objective – or if you're going to replace it with some other metal.

[member="Netherworld"] I replaced it with alchemized Osmium and made all the necessary edits to the description. Also dropped the number to 25 of the dice since they'd be a lot harder to destroy being alchemized. If I need a restricted mission thread for that do let me know and the number of posts you're looking for. Thank you for the recommendation of Osmium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom