Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lords and Generals.

@[member="Faroq Kela'ahim"], according to the dark lord this man would organize The Sith Council's armies and military operations. Despite the sponsorship of the Dark Lord, Darth Kentarch withheld all his judgement for the moment. The job he was given was no small task, one the man would need to reign in the stragglers from the former empire and reorganize them. Two he would then have to restructure both new recruits and stragglers into a new fighting force that answered exclusively to The Sith Council.

The cloaked figure shifted in the darkened sparing room. So much to do, so little time. Soon the Jedi, rival Sith factions, and other groups would descend on the scraps of what was left former Empire. But now was not time to worry on such things. Darth Kentarch had a general to oversee and train, which alone was no small matter. Through the force he could feel Faroq make his approach, The Sith Lord grasped his lightsaber in his hand and readied himself.

Faroq stalked down the halls of the fortress, moving to attend the meeting with the one known as @[member="Darth Kentarch"]. Darth Iscariot, his new benefactor, had told the new general to meet with the mysterious Sith, without so much as a word of who, or what he was. Faroq, understanding the secrecy that the Sith loved, did not question it. Instead, he gathered his army of Kaleesh, now marshaled outside of the fortress itself in camps and makeshift barracks. His men lived in the desert, used to such conditions. They had handled much worse.

Faroq understood the immensity of the responsibility held within his new position. From the scraps of an old empire, he was to build an army that the galaxy would fear. Plans already spiraled in his head, raids and battles playing out like a great chessboard spread along the space routes and planets that would bring the most benefit.

Opening the door he was told to attend, he saw a cloaked figure standing in the middle of a sparring room. Bowing his head as he entered, he stood tall, the veritable armory that he carried with him even more intimidating with the casual grace he displayed. The grace of a man confident in those weapons.

"Darth Kentarch, I am War Shaman Faroq Kela'ahim. I was told you are to be my tutor?" His thick, raspy voice was thick with the accent of Kaleesh, rolling R's and harsh vowels filling the language.

Kaleesh. The Dark Lord hand failed to mention that. Yet despite the fact that Darth Kentarch's back was still turned to @[member="Faroq Kela'ahim"], the Sith Lord's lips curled into a smirk of satisfaction at his master' choicr. Reaching out with the force the Sith Lord inspected the warlord. The Kaleesh race had a reputation for being formidable warriors, brutal yet effective. Even against opponents with a technological and numerical advantage the Kaleesh were often more than a match.

"Darth Iscariot has chosen well." Kentarch finally spoke, his voice an ominous tone. "Here I was expecting some former Imperial spec ops captain, or an admiral who had seen better days." The Sith Lord turned to face General Kela'ahim. His face was still shrouded in darkness, and only a silhouetted outline of his features was visible. "I more than understand your people's reputation for brutality and slaughter. However the day that you and people act like backwater barbarians is at an end." Kentarch paused between each sentence letting the words sink in. "You have been sent to me to be tutored in three things. One, the training in Sith and Jedi arts. Two, the ways and philosophy of The Sith Council. Three, for you and your people to transformed into a contemporary fighting force. Do you understand?"

Staring into the shroud, Faroq nodded, "I understand. My warriors are the best at what they do. But that does not mean they cannot be better. In fact, it shows that they need to get better, to keep them unpredictable. However, we need more support. Even the Kaleesh cannot stand against the galaxy alone. I will throw myself fully into training if it means I get the pledge from the Council for their share of militia and forces."

The Kaleesh inclined his head, bringing his fist to his chest, "And as such, I give my pledge to serve as commander of the Council Military, in the best interest of the Council. I am yours to train... Master." The word sounded foreign on his tongue, as if a word he had never experienced before. But his eyes remained impassive, no emotion shining through the yellow, reptilian eyes.

@[member="Darth Kentarch"]

"It is good that you have chosen to side with us General @[member="Faroq Kela'ahim"]." The Sith lord spoke. "There will be much bloodshed to come. But know this, I expect only the best. If you or any one of your mercenaries simply can't cut it, I will strike them down. The weak will die and the strong will survive. That is the way of the Sith and The Sith Council."

Kentarch squeezed his right hand ever so slightly, and a brilliant red blade came to life with a snap hiss. "You should consider yourself privileged that you get to wield such power. This is not some crude weapon or blunt interment. Some would argue that it is merely a tool, or an extension of one's self." He said pointing the lightsaber at the Kaleesh. "Tell me. Has one been provided for you yet? Or do I need to get you a spare?"

Prepared for this question, Faroq's eyes smiled from his mask. Reaching behind his back to the package hidden on the small of his back, he pulled it forth, untying the string and kneeling to the floor to unroll the circular wrapping. Inside tooled leather pouches were close to a dozen lightsabers of different makes and forms, from two and one handed to double-ended. There was even a folded lightstaff sticking out of the top of the package.

"I chose a few of my favorites from the collection my warriors and I have acquired through battle. I wish to learn them all." He stood, "My warriors are not weak. Those I train will not be weak. They will be strong, or they will not be. It is the way of life."

@[member="Darth Kentarch"]

Kentarch glanced at the package full of lightsabers. Likely the lightsabers were once owned by Jedi who this man slaughtered. Excellent prizes indeed, the Kaleesh seemed full of surprises. The Sith Lord however held his praise. "Picking any old lightsaber will not suffice. A Lightsaber and how an owner uses a lightsaber is a representation of one's self. Likewise you must use the weapon as an extension of one's self."

"A man can also tell how one fights a war, how one leads his forces, and how one thinks by the way he uses his Lightsaber." Kentarch stated. Looking at @[member="Faroq Kela'ahim"] Kentarch lowered his lightsaber, then reached out with the force. The Sith only waited for a moment then he jumped into the air, then the fight was on, Darth Kentarch's lightsaber came down on his opponent.

Quickly swiping a two-foot hilt from the package, Faroq rolled out of the way and activated the blade, a bright blue beam buzzing through the air as he swung at @[member="Darth Kentarch"] as he recovered from his flying strike. The swing went wide, however, due to the Kaleesh being unused to the weightlessness of a lightsaber. Seeing his error, he tried to bring it back into a defensive posture before the sith lord could take advantage.

@[member="Faroq Kela'ahim"] was quick to avoid the killing blow, and it took little effort to evade the Kaleesh's counter. "The blade is weightless, use two hands for more control. All the stress is in the fulcrum, keep a high guard and use downward swings aim at your opponents head and shoulders." Kentarch pressed the attack , lashing out hard with his lightsaber at the Kaleesh's mid section.

Watching the blow come towards his gut, Faroq flipped his blade, the momentum from his movement bringing his saber against the one owned by @[member="Darth Kentarch"] in an explosion of sparks. Listening to the advice given, Faroq went into a high guard, realizing how different the stance was from wielding his two-handed vibrofalchion. Eyes narrowing at the annoyance, he went on the offensive, feinting with an upper left strike that slipped into a lower left jab with the blade, towards the Sith Lord's knees.

@[member="Faroq Kela'ahim"] now had the stance, but now needed style. He feinted, by swung low. Kentarch responded by harmlessly batting the attack away. "If you feint, make the true attack that follows of an opposite angle of your feint. Never go for low blows unless victory is assure or your opponent is blind to your movements. Make kill shots." Kentarch responded by taking a hard slash at the Kaleesh's head.

Watching the swing come in, Faroq sidestepped the strike, sliding back another foot to reset his guard. Without pause, he brought the saber down to strike at the head of @[member="Darth Kentarch"], knowing that the blow would be easily blocked. As the blade closed in, he kicked out, aiming for the Sith Lord's midsection in an attempt to knock the air out of him. "I always find my prey. Sometimes, the kill shot is not the efficient path."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom