Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lord Gaius

4ca1oKy.png

"No ammo?
No problem."

| Social Information |
  • Name: Gaius Vel
  • Alias: Lord Gaius
  • Titles: Lord, Beskarsmith
  • Homeworld: Concord Dawn
  • Sexuality: Heterosexual
  • Marital Status: Single
  • Force Sensitive: No
| Physical Information |
  • Species: Human
  • Height: 6'3
  • Weight: 81.6 Kilograms)
  • Eye Color: Brown
  • Hair Color: Brown
| Affiliations |
  • Mandalorians
| Relationships |
  • Spouse:
  • Parents: Dott Vel, Accisa Vel†
  • Sibling:
  • Children:
  • Allies:
  • Acquaintances:
  • Enemies:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

| Skills |

Mandalorian training - Lord Gaius is a strong man whose Mandalorian training shows in his powerful physique. He is a powerful and compact warrior who is talented in close-quarters combat. He has light brown eyes and dark brown hair which he keeps cut short, so that it would not intervene whether beskarsmithing or in combat. Gaius has demonstrated his passion for weapons as a beskarsmith, forging unique weaponry for his fellow Mandalorians. As a Mandalorian, from his birth he has been hammered with the concepts of what it is to be Mandalorian by his father. Though he did not take up his fathers profession as a medical officer, he was briefly trained by his father in the ways of a field medic. He boasts a unique style that is afforded to him by his beskarsmithing, a profession he took upon at the young age of fifteen, and has ever since continued his passion. While adept in long-range firefights, it has been shown he is vastly more effective in close combat, where his size and strength is better suited.

| Possessions |

| Fights |
| Confirmed Kills |

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

| Biography |

Gaius Vel was born and raised on Concord Dawn. His father, Dott Vel, was a doctor and field medical officer, and his mother, Accisa, was a farmhand. During his birth there were implications involved that resulted in the death of his mother. It has not particularly affected his life, a passing name on the wind, someone he never met, and while he may on rare occasion think it pleasant to have met her, he doesn't give it any longer than a passing thought. By the time he was eighteen, his father took him to Kesh for employment. Mandalorians were renown for their prowess, and while smithing Beskar for Gaius, or working as a doctor for Dott may have paid fairly handsomely, nothing paid so well as war. And there is always war.

During the campaigns between warring lordlings on Kesh, the Battle of the Vale of Dreams was the most notable career-making victory for Gaius, where he successfully led the charge of the invading vanguard and repelled an attack by the defending forces. After the battle had been won, he was given the honorary title of Lord of the Vale of Dreams. It was a relatively small plot of land, and inhospitable at that. The enemy had salted the lands, and with no desire to remain on Kesh, the land remains unbuilt upon. He returned to Concord Dawn where he continued a career in Beskarsmithing until his early thirties, current time.

When Gaius crafted his personalised beskar'gam, he had put in credited effort. He travelled the galaxy for that which he needed, most notoriously the terentatek husks he utilises as horns, and the hide he uses as a gorget, along with the next fur as a scarf. He hired the Red Raven slicer known as Spook to assemble the electronics within his beskar'gam. The result of his efforts is a truly versatile piece of tech.

Later in his career, Gaius would find himself on a routine patrol over Aargonar as the Mandalorians vowed to take the planet into their fold. While it had been an ordinary flight, an accidental brawl with a lightning storm ceased his engines and gutted the internal systems. His besu'liik had become a hunk of gliding beskar. The mandalorian iron kept it from disintegrating upon impact. Gaius spent the next four days traversing the desert alone. He was reduced to forge a makeshift tent out of his clothes, wearing nothing but his underwear, he fought off Sarlacc's and Sand Burrowers. He slept in the day and marched during the night. In his final trek, he came upon a plateau that towered over him, with fresh water. He took the climb but found himself trapped for nigh an hour. If he gave up and fell, he would sure die, and there was no way he could climb up or down. Only sheer luck had saved him as a passing nomad of the plains found and rescued him.

Gaius showed the meaning of his inheritance of Lord during the dominion of Esfandia. The Mandalorians were heavily outnumbered by E-web emplacements. They were pinned down, and tasked by his superior officer, Gaius made the bold decision of leaving cover and racing across a vast expanse of open field before tumbling into the E-web emplacements, taking enough of the gunners out to open a hole in the dam for further Mandalorians to penetrate through the pirate lines. His bravery and daring was commended by his fellow vod, Catherine Romanov.

| Campaign Ribbons |

Aargonar_Dom_zps9baf92a5.png
TissSharl_Dom_zps9262405e.png
OSCampaign_zps172979ab.png

| Medals & Awards |

Nulmak Volora

N
[member="Lord Gaius"]

Very nice, I have one question though, what are your specific weaknesses?

[member="Nulmak Volora"]

What aren't his weaknesses? He may be a Mandalorian, but everyone has a vast amount of untitled weaknesses. For one, humans are quite fragile. That is a given. Irregardless of what movies may show, the human body shouldn't be thrown around like they're superman. Any number of poisons / toxins / acid can kill him. He isn't force sensitive, he can't predict movements like Jedi, he can't defend himself against force-based abilities, and he can't keep up with the speed that Jedi posses in close-quarters combat. There are so many possibilities of weaknesses that can be derived. The reason I don't list them is that contrary to what people will claim, there are some people who will abuse the weakness list and metagame the information. It only takes a little bit of thought to know how to capitalise on someone who is non-force sensitive, and human.

Humans are such a pleb species.

Nulmak Volora

N
[member="Lord Gaius"]

I thought there was a rule saying you had to have a weakness stated, I may be wrong though, welcome to the Allit Vod!

[member="Nulmak Volora"]

I stand corrected, thank you. I'll provide a list of weaknesses in my profiles 'About Me'

Vor'e.

If you care, feel free to look over my Besker'gam W.I.P and critique it. I am currently looking for feedback

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom