Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for iron

Acaleus sat on a park bench alone. His job was done but not without any harm "Those idiots almost fired at my arm" his legs and chest hurt, nothing than a pill and a few hours of sleeping wouldnt fix "Venus pick me up in..." "Shhh watching a movie" "But..." "Radio transmision over" with that, Acaleus knew that he had at least two hours or less until he leave Keldabe. Later he would have a talk with Venus...

After standing up, he walked towards the first civilian and asked about the direction of the closest bar. Other mandalorians heard the conversation and joined, begining an argument about the perfect bar in the town. Acaleus tried and succed into not laughing, as he found the situation funny "A trained killer but still with a good sense of humor..." thought while walking away to the main street.

Fifteen minutes later Acaleus was sitting on a table with a glass of rum on one hand "Nice bar" thought raising his eyes and relaxing. His new task was to find a place to crash or hung out with the locals until Venus radio him, and pick him up. Acaleus finished his glass and requested a new one from the waiter. It was late at night and people were entering to the party.

[member="Leoria Beviin"]

"And this is everything?"

Even over the bar's dull roar, it was easy to detect the man's suspicion. It traced every line of his body as he leaned closer to her, his large stomach bumping the edge of the table. It swirled within his narrowed eyes, as dark as the ale in his cup. And it oozed from each word he spoke. But his behavior made no impact on the woman seated opposite him. She nearly matched him in height, and though he had easily two hundred pounds on her, she was not intimidated. The wealthy businessman had a reputation, but so did she. She was a slicer, and a damn good one. Her work was complete, and exactly what he had paid her for. She would leave no doubt in anyone's mind as to that fact.

"Of course it is," the Lioness replied cooly, making an effort to drop her voice an octave. It was all a part of the job, after all. All a part of the game. To add emphasis, her sturdy hand slid the small, electronic device across the scarred table-top. A moment passed, the client's gaze shifting from the technology to the girl, and back again. Her own jade eyes peered at him expectantly from beneath the black hood, hard and unwavering.

Finally, he nodded. "Good," came his answer. He scoffed a bit, but scooped the device into his pocket without fanfare. "I pay you enough for it." Said transaction took place directly after, the man transferring the slicer the agreed amount before making a hurried exit. Leo could not blame him - the bar reeked like urine, and she was eager to leave herself. With a heavy sigh of relief, she tugged off her hood and ran her fingers through her hair. Another successful transaction.

She had every intention of leaving, and even made a motion to do so, before a sudden urge caught her. A drink sounded like a good idea, she realized. And she was in a bar, was she not? Why not scratch the itch? It would not take her long, and then she could head home.

Slowly, carefully, she picked her way through the crowd and bellied up to the bar. "Hi," she greeted the barkeep simply. "Something fruity would be nice."

[member="Acaleus Thorn"]

After finishing his second glass, he ordered another one without thinking more. The burn in his throat just dissappear drinking rum would no longer be a problem. Acaleus was no longer afraid he would end up in a alley or in a worst place. The only reason he was sitting there and not waiting Venus in a comfortable restaurant was because being the CEO of a company always took the fun away, making him work for weeks.

A girl approach the bar and ordered something, standing on his left side. Acaleus stretch his back just to see the stranger for a moment. She was the same height as Acaleus and a little skinny, but seemed strong. A local mandalorian then. Maybe a mercenary or a guard. He remembered his days as a lone mercenary and pitty her a little, as every work was a shot in the dark, and if you were getting paid was pure luck. Being a scary assassin was the only way to pressure the client into paying the credits.

Well he wanted to spend a good time during his stay on Mandalore, and he wasnt know for being shy "Hi, my name is Acaleus Thorn" said to start a conversation, as the other mandalorian that was on his right side was already pass out and smelled like death...

[member="Leoria Beviin"]

The woman regarded the man in silence, and with a blank stare, as he rattled off a list of questions for her. "Geeze," she answered finally, shaking her head. "I thought I was signing up for a job, not an interrogation." But perhaps he was right in asking so many questions, and she could not really blame him for being cautious. She was a complete stranger, yanked from the depths of the shady bar with the sole task of aiding him. She could be anyone. Did she not research her own clients before meeting with them? Usually. Occasionally. When she had time.

Before she could say anything else, the man was on the move. He had emptied his glass, discarded his credits, and left his seat before she could hardly comprehend it. Guy moves quick, she mused, before hurrying after him. At least he had waited at the door to ask her if she would be joining him. Part of her wanted to say no. But the rest of her looked forward to earning a few more credits.

"I'm Leo," she answered. It was too late to be the Lioness, and she hoped what she had offered him would be sufficient. Jobs acquired in poorly lit bars were not the type that required full names, and she was not eager to give it. "I'm a slicer, and I'm damn good at it." Was that her work, or her specialty? She let it go, for the time being. "I don't know the area well," she concluded, "but anywhere is better than here."

And it was. As the pair emerged into the busy street, Leoria found immediate relief. Though the area still stunk of big city, at least there was was the promise of fresh air, which she drew greedily into her lungs. Yes. Better.

[member="Acaleus Thorn"]

Acaleus stood on the middle of an alley and entered accompanied by Leoria. They were alone, with only the company of trash cans and a sleepy vagabond "If it werent three hours to go i would take you to the headquarters of my company and do a little interview" outside of the alley people passed by without noticing them "Here is the plan. An enemy company named EZ is doing bussiness with the locals and i dont want that. They are trading files with information of new weapons and blah blah blah, not important for you"

Acaleus took out a holocron ball and threw it to the floor, showing a picture in 3D about the hangar bay "Two groups. The mandalorians and the trading company..." said pointing out the platform in the center "Landing place" the area on the limits had a big fence and the building on the side of the platfrom had three floors and a clear roof "I just investigated the outside and the problem is that there are too many cameras and security. Maybe a hacker can help us"

[member="Leoria Beviin"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom