Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for friends on Tatooine

Hey yall

So just made this character and it's been about a decade since I've RPed. I wanted to start off small since my knowledge of SW lore and stuff is rusty compared to most of you (probably), so my character is just a simple scrub on Tatooine who scavanges for parts to trade, or steal, whatever he can get away with. He's a bit of a scoundrel with an attitude problem but he's got a good heart overall. No parents, no special history, but he's a little force sensititve and doesn't know it yet, so if anyone has a Jedi character that wouldn't mind discovering Rygo and helping him off Tatooine that would be cool lol For now, though, I just wanna have fun RPing on my favorite planet in SW. Tatooine has always held a special place in my heart as I think it does for a lot of fans. That double sunset tho...

If anyone wants to become street rats with me on Tatooine let me know and after I get two or three confirmations I'll start the thread. :D

P.S. Also there's an intimidating amount of lore for this forum so if there's anything major concerning Tatooine that I should know about (did it get blown up? Are Sand Raiders still a thing? What's the political climate?) then please let me know so I don't go making a fool of myself.

[member="Rygo Ghast"]
I wouldn't mind making a street rat or having a character try and help him out. I have a...tendency to making new characters.
If you want someone to help him out I have a few but they aren't all "jedi" exactly.

Tasha Blackmoor: Former Jedi padawan. Had a problem with slavers in the past, was caught for a year, escaped and went on a rampage against them. She eventually managed to catch herself before she fell completely to the dark side and returned to her home on Alderaan. She's actually fairly well off so if you want to keep playing street rat I'd advise not taking this choice. She's a good businesswoman and her parents are equally well off. She could probably be able to find out eventually they were force sensitive.

Rocho Krul: Ok, he's actually also very well off. He made over 30 million credits over some previous years (Imperial knight in the fel empire, basically just a low lord with the force. The thing is he never uses almost any of it. The guy has two ships he flys with a crew he's had for awhile, one's a fighter/transport the other is like a small freighter which he's had for many years. He's a Trandoshan bounty hunter mostly which is why he never bothers with his money. But that bounty hunter focus could also explain him going to Tatooine pretty easily. Though, he'd be a lot more expecting of him then Tasha is. Tasha would help just to help, if Rocho was helping him off world he might want something in return. Like working for him for awhile. Not because he actually needs it but because he does have some sense that people who can help themselves do and aren't just given what they want. Though you'll find his view of the force is a lot less philosophical then others. He's no jedi master either.

Xos: Not a dissimilar issue with Tasha. he'd help him just to help. Xos is a Baran Do Sage. Also not a Jedi. Even more of a monk then jedi are, he's about the most peaceful character I have and the kindest. He'd be ever so willing to help Rygo with his force powers and of my characters would probably notice pretty dang soon. Almost every thread I've had with him has ended up a teaching thread, or one negotiation/business thread as he's the master of his order.

However like I said I'm open to making a new character. Whether also force sensitive or not, relative, friend, whatever.

Salis
Oh boy. Giving me options lol I'm horribly indecisive. Ummmm

I really like the sound of Tasha as she's experienced what it's like to be seduced by the dark side and Rygo has lived a pretty rough life and he struggles with his emotions all the time so she might be a good teacher for him. Eventually I want Rygo to join the Jedi order and have a master that can train him full time, he really just needs a Jedi to push him there. And if she's rich it'd be a fun dynamic. It'd be interesting seeing a rich and powerful business woman on Tatooine discovering a street rat and introducing him to her lifestyle, and it'd be fun to RP.

But if you wanted to make a street rat type character I'm all for that too. I picture Rygo meeting two friends and the three of them being discovered by a Jedi of some sort who takes them off Tatooine to train them (Or just train Rygo if he's the only one who's force sensitive) It'd be up to you, or whoever else feels like joining. I got one other person who will be joining us as well. He's been trained as a Jedi before but he walked away from it so I think he'll fill in as one of the "Friends" roles. So just one more "Friend" and a "Mentor" type character and I think I'll be ready to go.

Edit: How do I tag your name at the top like you did with mine? I don't remember >.<

[member="Rygo Ghast"]
Lol, I tend to have a good few characters so giving options is common for me.

Oh to tag, press @mention under the persons titles.

Ah, yeah they'd be close on that emotion thing. Tasha still has flashbacks of sorts, she's actually currently trying to get help from another jedi with it. She could certainly try and help teach him, though teaching him to meditate well would be very hard. She knows how to do it theoretically but she's not been able to do it for over a decade due to that year. She knows focus, but general force meditation and focusing and sensing the force are different. I do think it'd be kind of fun to have her and her lifestyle be a bit unusual for them. Though you probably won't find much prompting from her to join a major Jedi Order. She may be joining a smaller one. And she definitely wouldn't stop them from joining an order anyway. She most likely is on Tatooine because she pretty much has a long laster despising for Slavers.

If I go with a new character it'd probably be a force sensitive and just not known and be one of these:

Twi'Lek female (the amount of images for this makes it easier). Maybe she's lived on Tatooine all her lived barely surviving. And really wants a way off the planet.

A Zabrak Male. Could go with the former labor slave path. Maybe he got stolen from Dathomir and ended up here on tatooine, and he only just recently escaped capture by killing his owner. But he still has a slave chip and is afraid of it going off almost constantly.

A Tusken Raider (who maybe lost his tribe and ended up on his own, and then with Ryogo and his other friend. Think of him like the friend who is good at a Tuskens survival and fighting skills, but who has no clue how to survive since he lost his tribe and can't fly worth a dang.)

They might not end up being force sensitive. It kind of depends on how I make them or if you have a preference for them not to be. I don't write young characters who don't know a ton very much. So I'm slightly biased towards taking this route. But I can absolutely still do Tasha because I do enjoy writing her.

[member="Salis"]

Gah! I love all of those ideas! lol If I had to pick one...

I think the Zabrak one sounds fitting. I like the idea of being a slave on the run and bumping into Rygo.

Then if anyone else has any characters that can play the "Jedi Mentor" role they still can. I'd like to RP on Tatooine for a little while first anyway.

I'll start the thread in the private RP forum soon. I'll send you and Romeo a DM when it's up.

If you're still open to having more people in your thread, I've got a trio for you! Kresslyn is my most developed character though, the other two are just getting kicked off. Here ya go:

• Kresslyn Cantor is a Jedi Padawan with the Silvers, he's gaining experience through a sort of "Trial by fire" type deal. His training isn't complete, but he's already out filling in his role as a Pathfinder, so it'd possibly make sense for him to be on Tatooine just to learn a bit about the culture or to learn a few lessons himself.
  • Percy Vaceldau, one of my two newer characters, is a "Whatever" Type personality and Smuggler/Spacer that operates in the Mid Rim and Outer Rim. He could be looking for a job or just stopping to look for some ship mods/parts.
  • My newest character, Jardann Lancus, is a Human Replica droid with the Eternal Empire. He's a mix of Drago from Rocky IV, the Original Terminator, and Robocop.
Let me know if you want to start up a thread. If not, I'm always open!

[member="Rygo Ghast"]

[member="Kresslyn Cantor"]

Heck ya man! Percy sounds like a perfect fit. I made my thread in the private rp forum but you're welcome to join once it gets rolling. At the moment my character is in the desert so running into more than one person at once would be kinda unlikely lol After we've moved into Mos Eisley though that would be the perfect time for you to join. I kinda like to keep it flowing naturally so whatever happens from there happens lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom