Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for Cyberneticist

As the Title says im looking for people specialized with Cybernetics and Cybernetic surgery. Ill need both in order to wear by new armor, So anyone wanna work on a Mutated Gen'Dai?

Ill need...
Lornan Brain Implant
Alacrity implant
Targeting System implant
physical boost Implant
&
Power Implant

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
As Gendai don't really have hard bodies and rather just a large amount of tubing, I doubt the effectiveness that any cybernetic implants, especially those relating to strength, would actually have on you. Not to mention that, if I'm not mistaken, all of those things you mention are implants from KOTOR I/II. Gametech doesn't really translate as well unless it has already has a strong basis in canon already established by other means. For example you can put a lot use a lot of different crystals in your lightsaber but none of them are going to make your lightsaber ignite on fire, suddenly grow cold, or make you more likely to get a critical hit.

[member="Kezeroth the Malevolent"]

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
Kezeroth the Malevolent said:
[member="Valik"]

I dont understand.. What you aiming at?

The implants you're looking at wouldn't affect you in any significant capacity, and factory entries based on them won't pass, or at the least they wouldn't have passed when I was an RPJ/Factory Judge(I've been through multiple stints). Technology that only has a basis as a gameplay mechanic doesn't pass through the factory and is often disregarded in roleplay.

To give you a better example, this is a source that, while 'canon' is what we consider gametech. It's gametech because it's primary function is to increase a gameplay statistic, and feed into a number generator. If a user were to submit a new technology using that as a basis chances are it will be denied, or be changed though the judging process. This on the other hand, uses a couple of encyclopedia's as sources, and if a factory submission were to use that as a basis it would be much more likely to pass through unedited.

Not only that, but as Gen'dai are of a very unique physical make up they will also require very unique implants in order to work properly. While a typical human is made up of organs, bones, muscles, skin, etc a Gen'dai is really only muscle and nerve endings. Say an implant is usually attached to somebody's spine. Gen'dai don't have spines. Say an implant is woven into somebody's arms. A gen'dai could use that sure, but once they lose those arms and regrow the arms they're not going to still have that implant, so the Gen'dai will either have to live without or go with the (likely) painful process of getting it again. In order to make a truly lasting "implant" on a Gen'dai you'd want to alter their DNA, that way whenever they regenerate limbs(or whatever) the upgrades will re-generate with them. As for straight cybernetics, the only thing I could really recommend would be something that was implanted directly into the Gen'dai's brain, as that's the only constant thing they have.

Overall though, I'm not sure why you need the implants in the first place. Gen'dai are naturally very very hardy, and don't need a lot of help aside from basic equipment. If you still want to 'upgrade' as it were, I'd recommend NeuroSaav as your company of choice, currently run by [member="Jared Ovmar"].

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom