Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking For a Helping Hand

Keziah left her home only about a month ago and the young girl was already regretting doing so. She hadn't had a warm bed to sleep in for two days now and the young lady couldn't remember the last time that she had a hot meal. The woman who had taken care of her had also been very nice and she was finding not everyone that she met was nice.

The only things that Keziah had to her name was the little sack that she carried with her on her back which held a few books, clothes and
a comm link. The credits had been spent days ago on dinner.

Shivering she ducked into a cantina of all places hoping for some warmth. As she entered she was not only greeted by warmth but the smell of delicious food. Keziah so wished that she could get some but had no credits to her name. Hopefully nobody kicked her out while she just tried to get a little warmer.

Shuffling into a corner booth she did the best she could to hide herself hoping to not be noticed. The young woman would be gone soon just wanted to warm up a little bit on such a cold night.

@[member="Krest"]

Krest kept himself by the bar inside this cantina. He spent very little time in these places normally, but for the past couple of weeks he's found himself in them more often then not. He wasn't wearing his Templar armor, instead adopting a basic grey cloak. He kept the hood low over his face, if only to block out his horns. Never know when a drunk might want to pick a fight with the alien right?

He happened to be leaning his back against the bar when @[member="Keziah Denko"] popped her way into the bar. He only stared blankly at the girl, tilting his head. Odd site to see one so young come in here. Hopefully it wasn't to get a job. Oh how he hated watching young girls become strippers in the local cantina..

Regardless he kept to himself, turning back to his drink. He glanced towards Keziah every so often, more or less keeping a watchful eye on the wayward soul.

The young girl couldn't help but feel like she was being watched. Even though she was in the corner she felt all the diners were watching her wondering what such a pathetic looking girl was doing here. It was possible that they even felt sorry for her.

Sighing she huddled more into the corner trying to hide even more it that was even possible. It didn't help though as soon she was discovered by one of the servers.

"Can I get you something sweetie?" The older woman asked. Keziah shook her head and stated that she was fine. "I can't let you stay here if your not going to buy anything. These seats are for paying customers only. I'm going to have to ask you to leave."

Keziah could only look at the older woman with pleading eyes. "Can I stay? I'll work? I could wipe off tables.." The last thing the young one wished to do was leave. She had no where to go.

@[member="Krest"]

A frown formed on the Zabraks face as he watched the girl. She looked almost pitiful, begging for work just to stay. What ever had happened to her and got her here was a story at least, and something that interested Krest. He moved up beside the server, nodding to @[member="Keziah Denko"]. "I'll buy her what ever she wants. Then she's a paying customer right?"

He had a smile on his face as he addressed the server. His shoulders were lax, arms crossed loosely over his chest. He wasn't a large person, but with his six foot height he was taller then most, but he didn't want to be intimidating. He slouched ever so slightly, trying not to look impressive with all the eyes that were watching the girl. Who knows what could happen now.

At least I have my hood..

He pulled his hood down over his face a bit more, keeping it just high enough to show his eyes. The blue gaze wouldn't leave the server, but his ears were listening to the rest of the room. The whispers and quiet questions the patrons were asking one another. 'Who's the strange man with the girl? Does he know here?' Better then if his hood was down adn some of them questioned why an alien was helping a human. Sometimes racism in a bar took to new heights.

When she lived with the nuns she would hand out food to the poor every week. She was the type to help others and now here she was needing help from others. It was rather embarrassing and the young girl found herself blushing a bright red. "Sir, you don't have to do that..." She hung her head down instead of looking at him as she did not want him to see how embarrassed she really was. Keziah wasn't one to take a hand out. She was willing to work for what she wanted such as food and shelter. The last thing the young lady wanted was a handout from anybody.

"I suppose she is," the waitress frowned looking from the teen to @[member="Krest"] obvious she didn't think that the this was a good plan. The stranger probably was just trying or planning to take advantage of the young helpless girl and her situation. "I'll take a burger and a strawberry shake," Keziah looked to the waitress. She was hungry and this man was being nice to her it would be wrong to refuse his kindness. "You'll join me?" She didn't just want to take his credits and kindness without offering. He was the first person in a very long time to be kind to her and it would be nice to share a meal with someone nice. She didn't care about his race, he was a good person. That is what mattered to her.

Krest rubbed the back of his head, watching the waitress. Yeah, he knew how it looked. Part of him wanted to tell all of them off, but he wasn't about to. He nodded to the waitress once before looking over at @[member="Keziah Denko"]. He remained quiet for a moment, thinking. Should he stay the others would probably make the worst kinds of assumptions. But who's to say another wont take advantage?

He plopped down across from the girl, rubbing the back of his head. "I suppose I will kid." He didn't really say much after that. His plan was up to paying for the girls dinner, not really what to do afterwards. So he sat there awkwardly, twiddling his thumbs.

"Thank you, please eat as well. It's awful weird if I eat alone. My name is Keziah by the way it's nice to meet you."

She wasn't used to people doing things for her or being nice. It was a lovely change and something that she could very much get used to. The young teen had been getting used to being loved but it had been torn away from her just as quickly as it had come. It seemed that love had been nothing but a fluke almost.

Keziah hated taking hand outs. She was willing to work for her food. It was what she wanted to do but more importantly she wanted a purpose in this galaxy. There had to be something more. That plus she couldn't do this forever.
@[member="Krest"]

Krest shook his head. In truth he wasn't hungry. He had already eaten at the bar and was really on his way out when she came in. But he wasn't found of letting people go hungry, or cold. There was something that stood out though. A presence from the girl, something he hadn't noticed before. The Zabrak was never good at sensing, so the fact that he stumbled upon it spoke more words then a picture.

"You can use the Force, can't you?" He didn't bother giving his name. His mind was so much more focused on the fact she was Force sensitive. He was always meeting these kind of people in bars or restaurants, but when he did something important always happened. Krest kept his gaze on @[member="Keziah Denko"], the blue eyes focused intently on her answer.

Keziah's eyes widened as the food was brought to her. It had been awhile since she had eaten something like this. She normally had eaten scraps this past year and moved around an awful lot. She knew there was more out there for her but she couldn't seem to find it. Sooner or later she would have to settle however she wasn't too keen on that idea.

The teen nodded as she sipped on her shake. "Yes, but I'm not trained at all. I can do the easy stuff like move things around but nothing else. Are you Force Sensitive?" She figured he had to be to know that she was. Keziah had other questions but decided to not ask. It would be rude to be nosy. The food and the company was enough.

@[member="Krest"]

Krest nods slow, watching her. Yeah, she wasn't use to this, that much was for certain. He shakes his head lightly, chuckling. "Yeah, I'm Force Sensitive." He was even a knight, trained enough to at least be able to handle himself.

And train others. Krest blinked, staring at @[member="Keziah Denko"] for a moment or two in silence before speaking up again. "You wanna learn how to use the Force?"

"In never have thought about doing that before. I know my brothers ran off I think to be Force trained but I don't know," she shrugged taking a bite of the burger.

"I guess I could get training. I mean I have nothing else to do or anywhere to go." She paused far a moment and took another bite. "Would I get a bed? A place to stay? Would you train me?"

@[member="Krest"]

Krest nods, leaning back in his seat and crossing his arms. "I can take you on as my apprentice. You'd stay with myself and the rest of the Templars in Confederate space." The Zabrak had every intention of bringing the girl back to the Templar Sanctum. His code alone wouldn't let him leave here to starve, but it was the fact he wanted to train someone. Knowledge was power, and more often then not a teacher will learn more from their student then the other way around.

There was something bugging Krest however. He wanted to know who @[member="Keziah Denko"]'s family was. "Tell me, what is your brothers name Keziah? They could be a Templar."

Keziah liked the idea of very much of going off and training with him. It would give her the opportunity to do something with herself rather than end up as a server somewhere sleazy or worse. Going with @[member="Krest"] seemed to be the opportunity that she had been waiting for. It was worth more than this food ever would or could be.

She wondered for a few minutes on where confederate space but it didn't matter as long as it was out of this place. Keziah wanted to see the galaxy and she figured that she could with his help. "I promise to be a good apprentice, do as I'm told and study hard!" She grinned at him overjoyed for such an opportunity.

The teen's face fell at the mention of her family. She had tried so hard to keep everything together but they left her. She still couldn't understand why after all they had been through together. "I'm Keziah Denko. My brothers would be Abel and Josiah Denko." She wasn't ready to face them if they were Templars. She needed and wanted time on her own. Time like they had.

@[member="Krest"]

Krest nodded slowly at her promise, a smile on his face. The kid meant it, that much was for certain. But it was when her face dropped that Krest felt a pang of guilt. Family issues, that much was sure. He chose to not press the subject, simply clapping his hands together.

"Then, when you're done eating we can head out. I'm sure the others would want to meet you." He offered a smile to @[member="Keziah Denko"]. For the next week she'd have the ability to relax. But once he started training her, it would be different. Krest never was the nicest teacher.

"What should I call you?" She questioned as she sipped more at the shake. One day she would replay him for this kindness. He didn't have to stop and feed her but he had and on top of that he wanted to train her.

Keziah would prove herself worthy and grateful by being a good student as she had promised. She wouldn't squander away this chance that she was given.

As she quickly finished up her meal she wondered where he was taking her and who these people were whom she was about to meet. Keziah was very excited to start this new chapter in her life and the way she shoved the good down her throat showed.

@[member="Krest"]

The Zabrak blinked at the question before rubbing the back of his head, glancing out the window. "I didn't give my name yet did I? Krest. Just Krest." He looks back to her, smiling. When she finished he stood, cracking his neck some. Thankfully he had room on his ship, so that wasn't an issue.

Krest moved to the exit of the cantina, not looking behind him till he got to the door. He glanced over his shoulder to @[member="Keziah Denko"], motioning to the exit with a tilt of his head.

"You ready?"

As @[member="Krest"] got up to leave Kenzie wasn't far behind him skipping as she headed to the exit with him. The eyes of the patrons followed as they left together very judgy. Kenzie paid no mind to them as they didn't understand and it really wasn't any of their business either.

"Yup," she chirped following behind him "Where are we going? What planet?" The teen was far too trusting which was probably because she just desperately wanted to belong somewhere. He teachings told her to forgive and let go. She trusted he was going to help her not be another one whom hurt her.

"You know I have never been off planet before or in a ship. Are we going on your ship? Will you teach me to fly? Sorry for all the questions." She hoped that she wasn't bothering him with all these questions.

@[member="Krest"]

Krest was thankfully one of those people to help others, not hurt them. He slid his hands behind his head as he walked, shrugging. He answered each of her questions without skipping a beat, more then willing to. "Never knew the name of the planet. Droid punches in the coordinates. It's my ship aye, but I don't actually know how to fly myself. The droid might be able to teach you." It didn't take them long to reach his ship, and oddly enough it was already started, prepped to leave.

"Man I do love that droid. Maybe I should think about asking it it's name sometime.." He mumbled to himself mostly before stepping up on the ship. It was going to be a long trip, but certainly not as long as the training would take. He cast one last look to @[member="Keziah Denko"], a grin on his lips. "No turning back. You sure you want to be a Templar?"

@[member="Krest"]

"Yes, I'm sure I want to be a Templar. I met you in that cantina for a reason and I believe it's because I'm supposed to come with you." Once her father sobered up a bit Kenzie had begun to get into region and a belief in a higher power. She wanted to learn how not to hate him and to let things go. She carried her book around with her everywhere she went. It helped her at least get through her daily life and survive sometimes. Training may help her cope in a different way beyond faith.

She wasn't exactly sure what a Templar was but she wanted to be one. In time she was sure she would find out.

Krest shrugged his shoulders before disappearing onto the ship. When @[member="Keziah Denko"] followed on the ship door would close behind her and the ship would take off. The sun rose over the small town they were in, ushering a new day. Soon they'd be at the Templar Sanctum, and the girls training would begin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom