Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Longarm-class Fighter

Status
Not open for further replies.
buck_rogers_ship.jpg

Image Credit: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=13884.45
Intent: To build a starfighter that Heofon can produce for sale and (Hopefully) earn a contract with someone.
Development Thread: Will do if needed
Manufacturer: Heofon Industries
Model: Longarm-class Fighter
Affiliation: Heofon Industries/Open market
Modularity: Yes
Production: Minor
Material: Durasteel, Transparisteel
Description: The F-842 “Longarm” was made as an all around fighter to sell, and a simpler design than what his other ideas were. The Longarm’s long range meant it could be deployed and used from almost anywhere, and fit for use for long-range sneak attack vessels because of their incredibly long range. Unlike the other ship they sell, however, the Longarm has a full suite of weapons, lacking neither lasers or torpedos. The ship’s focus is being able to be personally modified by the user, who is able to add, swap, and update the weapons at their own expense. However, the ship only has power to supply a standard starfighter loadout (Ie, can’t add laser cannons on to the standard setup as repeating weapons are worth two). The range and storage for the extra consumables were added to give it long range, but at the cost of the ship’s cargo capacity.

Classification: Fighter
Role: Long-range Strike Fighter
Height: 6 m
Width: 6 m
Length: 14 m
Power Core Generator/Reactor: Solar Ionization Reactor
Hyperdrive Rating: x1
Minimum Crew: 1
Optimal Crew: 1
Armaments:

• x2 Repeating Laser cannons

• x2 Proton Torpedo Launchers
Hangar: None
Non-Combative Attachments:

• Communications Array

• Encryption Network

• Standard Deflector Shield Generator

• Standard Life Support Systems

• Standard Navigational Systems

• Standard Sensor Array

• Standard Targeting Systems
Passenger Capacity: None
Cargo Capacity: None
Consumables: 2 months
Sublight Speed and Maneuverability: 2

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
[member="Barkt Melan"]
Looks good in general, though you kind of contradict yourself in two spots:

Barkt Melan said:
The ship’s focus is being able to be personally modified by the user, who is able to add, swap, and update the weapons at their own expense. However, the ship only has power to supply a standard starfighter loadout (Ie, can’t add laser cannons on to the standard setup as repeating weapons are worth two).
And

Barkt Melan said:
x2 Repeating Laser cannons Mounts for two more laser/ion weapons x2 Proton Torpedo Launchers Hangar: None
Is this an Elite Starfighter or a starfighter capable of being customized into an elite starfighter by the owner?

[member="Popo"]
No. What I was trying to explain in the description is that even though you can mount up to four weapons on it, if you tried, none of them would fire because the ship doesn't have enough power in it to fire more than a starfighter's standard layout.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
[member="Barkt Melan"]
Then why mention them at all? If it can't field the extra weapons to upgrade it to an Elite Starfighter, why are they in the submission? At least, why is the ability listed to mount them? You could just as easily state something along the lines of "this ship cannot field any more weapons than a standard starfighter loadout" and leave it there.

I understand you mean that you can swap out the two repeaters for a total of four laser/ion mounts, but with the way it's written it sounds like and looks like the ship can be an elite starfighter, but then it can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom