Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Long Time No See

Zephyr Krayt

Z

After cashing in on a local bounty, Zephyr wound up at the local cantina to finish the day with a drink. It was common sense to stay hydrated on Tatooine but no one came to a cantina for a glass of ice water. It was early evening so the suns were still up and the atmosphere in the bar was relatively quiet as the nightlife was just beginning, though there were a few groups of loud people who joked among themselves.

Zephyr sat at the bar, nursing a bright green drink. His helmet rested in front of him and he conversed with the bartender whose hands were busy drying the washed glasses but was otherwise unoccupied by the lack of other patrons at the bar ordering drinks currently. The Mandalorian wasn't particularly talkative with strangers but he was friendly enough to hold a conversation when one was initiated with him.

"I'm guessing you're not here on holiday." The bartender commented, prompting a shake of the head from the Mandalorian. "Work." He replied. "How elusive." The bartender leaned forward against the bar, seeming interested. "Someone in these parts had a bounty on them." He clarified, to which the bartender chuckled. "I imagine a lot of people have a bounty on them around these parts." He responded. "You're probably right." The Mandalorian agreed, a smile tugging at the corner of his lips.

The bartender suddenly pointed to something behind Zephyr so he turned to see what he was looking at. "Is that one of your friends?" He asked, pointing to another Mandalorian he had spotted in the cantina. Immediately, Zephyr recognised the armour as belonging to the man who had threatened him back on Coruscant. The man with questionable loyalty. "Definitely not." He replied as he slid his helmet off the bar and placed it on his head before rising from his seat to approach the man.

Leenic Ellsil Leenic Ellsil

Rustbuckets will never go out of style.
Leenic brushed the red dust out of his cape as he walked into the bar, his beskar'gam clanking slightly with each step. He had just managed to pull himself off of some outer-rim planet and was in need of a stiff drink. He hoped nothing major would happen when he stepped inside, but his hopes deflated when the barkeep pointed to him and a rather familiar Mandalorian stepped up to meet him.

"Hey there, kid." He said, slowly moving his left hand to rest on the handle of his blaster pistol. "Been a while since I've seen your helmet. Its still too soon though if you ask me." He then looked over Zephyr's shoulder and waved to the barkeep. "Hey, get me my usual. I think Ill need a stiff one before I start to listen to this guy." He shouted, pushing past the purple-clad mandalorian to get to the bar. "Seen too much shit this past week to deal with his "where does your honor lie" crap."

Zephyr Krayt

Z

Zephyr's gaze followed the man's hand as he reached for his blaster but he didn't reciprocate the action. He was clad in beskar so he trusted he could disarm the man at such close range with relatively little risk to himself.

The Mandalorian scoffed at the man's comments and shook his head, in disbelief over his attitude and disrespect which in turn made him lose respect for the man he was supposed to consider his comrade. "Were you never taught respect or loyalty?" He half-questioned, half-insulted the man. He did not care for keeping the peace as he knew how most Mandalorian disagreements ended and he was not about to let the man off free as far as he could help it.

When he was pushed to get past, he snapped and immediately whipped around and shot whipcord from his left vambrace, aimed at the man's wrist in an attempt to stop him from walking any further. The atmosphere in the bar remained unchanged, many unaware of the situation that was unfolding before them or some too intoxicated to care. "Maybe it's time to learn some." He told the man.

Leenic felt the cord wrap around his wrist, causing him to stop in his tracks. "You wanna play, kid?" He asked, igniting his saber. "We can play." Then he whirrled around, slicing the cord quickly before pointing the tip of the blade right in between Zephyr's eyes. He felt anger rising up through his chest as the insults finally sank in, cutting him deeper than he remembered any blade doing in his entire life. Swallowing the lump that was forming in his throat, he took a step closer, the tip of his lightsaber a few inches away from the other Mandalorian's visor.

"You act like you're so high and mighty." He growled, glaring daggers at Zephyr through his visor. "Talkin about 'loyalty' and 'respect' yet you come in here and sit next to the same people I do, work the same jobs that I do, and get your hands dirty in the same way I do. I'd say we aren't that much different." Then, using his free hand, he patted the Krayt Dragon signet on his left shoulder pauldron. "And you wanna talk about giving respect? I dont see any signets on your armor, so I think that you should be giving me respect if anything." He then pulled the blade back and turned it off. "Now, if you're done playing saint, I'd like to go have a drink."

Zephyr Krayt

Z

The other Mandalorian's threat did not concern Zephyr but the ignition of an unexpected lightsaber caused hesitation from the purple clad Mandalorian who had little experience fighting against such weapons. Still, he knew how to combat them and much of his equipment was created with the intent of combatting Force Users who wielded such weapons. Zephyr didn't react quickly enough to draw a weapon to combat the lightsaber as he was taken by surprise so he stood uncomfortably as the blade was pointed at his helmet.

He listened to the other Mandalorian's speech, having little other option but to do so, all the while thinking of a weapon that would counter the lightsaber. The Mandalorian quickly devised a defence if the other were to attack him so he didn't feel like he had to watch his words when he responded, unafraid of the other lashing out in response. "No." He disagreed. "I act like what is expected of me. What is expected of Mandalorians." He started to give his explanation. "We are more than bounty hunters. We are Mandalorians and yet you would forsake that for some solider. You were willing to kill me to protect an outsider."

His posture relaxed a little when the blade was deactivated as he had clearly been tense but he was aware there was still a threat there. "I do not respect you. Your loyalty to your people should always come first." He replied, his tone indicating his anger on the subject.

Once the other Mandalorian responded, he took a step forward so that he was right in Zephyr's face. "Have you any idea what it means to not belong to your own people?" He asked simply, placing his thumb on the switch for his lightsaber. "Because I do, every day when I look at myself I am reminded of all the times I was pushed away from my own people simply for being born with powers you couldn't even begin to imagine. That 'outsider' was more of a brother to me than any Mandalorian has ever been, and for that I would kill a thousand Mandalorians in his defense." He took a deep breath and glanced down at his saber. "And I know you do not fear my blade, for you expect it to be like the thousands of blades similar to it. But let me assure you, a Krayt Dragon Lightsaber can pierce any metal including besakar, so your besakr'gam will only protect you for so long should you decide to keep that smart mouth of yours running."

He then turned to leave, but then Zephyr questioned his loyalty. All the times his tribe-mates and parents had questioned his loyalty came rushing back, and that was when Leenic lost it. "How about." He said, slowly turning around. "You take your attitude and 'code', and go straight to hell with it!" Leenic ignited his lightsaber, extending his right hand and reaching out through the force to throw Zephyr back. At this point he didn't care if it moved him inches or threw him through the wall.

All he cared about was ending this Mandalorian's attitude.

Zephyr Krayt

Z

Though the Mandalorian belonged to his own people as much as any clan born, he knew what it felt like not to, having been a former Imperial foundling which often led to him going to extreme measures to prove his loyalty to the people who had taken him in. Though he was mostly alone in his thoughts as few knew of his origins and of those who did, two found out against his will.

At the talk of being treated differently for being an outsider, Zephyr almost began to understand where Leenic was coming from but as soon as he said he could kill a thousand Mandalorians he immediately grew angry again. This man had a lot to answer to his Alor or the Mand'alor for.

He narrowed his eyes at the mention of the lightsaber as he had never heard of such a thing, still it seemed like it would be a poor empty threat to make and he remained unafraid as he never intended to get hit by the lightsaber anyway aside from maybe on the vambrace in defence once before he could activate his shield emitter.

It almost seemed the confrontation was over until Zephyr's final remarks seemed to strike a chord with the other Mandalorian who promptly reacted. There was no defence against such a Force attack so Zephyr could do nothing as he was thrown back against the wall but he quickly put his hands out in front of him to stop his head from hitting the floor.

By now, some people in the bar were rushing for the exit and others were taking cover as a violent confrontation between the two Mandalorians was looking increasingly likely. The Mandalorian quickly got to his feet and drew a blaster while activating the shield emitter from the opposite vambrace in case the other advanced on him with the lightsaber. "You don't deserve to be Mandalorian!" He told him, angrily before firing bolts in his direction, aiming for where he knew the gaps in his armour were.

Leenic deflected the first bolt with his vambrace and dove out of the way of the others, lowering his rangefinder as he did. "Ill peel your armor of your corspe an' sell it back to your Alor!" He shouted back, jumping to his feet and using the force to chuck a table towards Zephyr. He deflected a couple more incoming shots with his saber, but one landed in the space between his knee and thigh armor. “Karabast!” He yelled, dropping to his knee for a moment before standing back up.

“Ill kill you for that one!”
He shouted, igniting the flamethrower in his vambrace and sending a plume of flame out towards Zephyr. If it didn't hurt him, Leenic knew the flames would act as a smoke screen of sorts and cover his advance long enough for him to get within saber range. Once he got close enough, he deactivated the flamethrower and swung down at Zephyr, trying to hit him with as much force as possible.

Zephyr Krayt

Z

"Good luck with that." He responded calmly, standing ready to face whatever attack he was dealt. Thankfully, the lack of law enforcement on Tatooine meant their fight would go undisturbed unless some vigilante-type tried to involve themselves. Zephyr reacted quickly upon seeing the table launch in his direction and bent his wrist down and activated the repulsor to send the table back the way it came, though not with as much force as had been used to send it to him so it would stop short of Leenic.

Upon seeing the flames shoot towards him, he immediately retreated, feeling their heat but not their burn. Leenic's threat to kill him turned the fight from what had previously been a rivalry into a real threat. He expected what was to come and holstered his blaster in favour of his vibroblade which would have a better chance of contending with a lightsaber. However, his vision was obscured by the attack and he only saw the blade at the last moment, quickly bringing up his shield emitter from his vambrace to block the attack.

"If you don't change your mindset, you will be seen as Dar'manda to all loyal Mandalorians." He gave a final warning while straining under the pressure of the attack. With his free hand that held the blade, he swiped towards Leenic's midsection at least in attempt to get him to back off a little.

Leenic pressed his lightsaber hard against the shield, barely flinching as the vibroblade cut across his armor. "I dont think you get to talk about being loyal to the Mandalorians." He growled, leaning forward to apply more pressure. "I used to serve the Imperal Directorate as a pretty high-ranking officer. During that time I was able to see a list of the different spies we had, and you were on that list." He looked into Zephyr's visor and leaned slightly forward, this time to try and intimidate him. "You reported back quite frequently too, abusing that clan's hospitality all to make the next paycheck. Yet you lecture me on how I betray the people who cast me out, while I wear this armor with pride. Do you even respect my people now? Or are you still harboring allegiance to those who wish to do us harm?"

He hoped that speech would cause Zephyr to drop his guard, and leenic used his free hand to force-push him back into the wall once again. He twirled his saber once in his hand before slowly walking towards him. "Or maybe you tell me I'm doing it wrong to disguise how much of a traitorous past you hid within yourself?" He scoffed. "You put me in a bad light so that you may appear better to yourself, if no one else."

Zephyr Krayt

Z

Zephyr held his arm steady against the pressure of the blade, fighting for control as more pressure was applied. His heart sank as his past was mentioned: a part of him he had wished to forget. He defended against Leenic's advances but didn't make an offensive attack as he was too nervous to do so. "I never betrayed my clan or Mandalorians." He started, passionately. "I made that agreement when I was a child. I never held up on it." He replied, clearly distressed with the situation. He had never wanted, nor expected, to face his past with a practical stranger.

"Your people?! Our people." He replied difinitively. "I am as much of a Mandalorian as you except I wouldn't kill a thousand Mandalorians for anyone." He told the other Mandalorian.

With his attention on the conversation, he had no defence against the Force attack and was thrown back against the wall, grunting as he collided with it and then placing his hands out to prevent his head from hitting the floor again. "I am not a traitor. Not like you." He replied as he got to his feet and aimed his blaster at the man again.

Leenic watched at Zephyr stood up, staring into the man's visor from beneath his own. The quip about Leenic being a traitor caught him off guard, but he could sense the anger rising to levels where Zephyr wouldn't be able to think as well as he would with a clear head (not that Leenic was any better off, mind you). He tensed when he saw the blaster, but an idea struck him at that moment.

"If you are as Mandalorian as I am, then you fight with honor." He said, deactivating his lightsaber and tossing it to the side. "So lets settle this like real Mandalorians." He then unbuckled his gunbelt, causing his blaster to clatter to the floor in its holster, and used the force to toss his vibroblade out of reach. "Just you and me, with only our beskar'gam and our fists."

Zephyr Krayt

Z

Zephyr lowered his blaster when Leenic tossed his lightsaber aside and watched as he released the rest of his weapons as he challenged the other Mandalorian to hand-to-hand combat. It was a concerning prospect as he was unsure how skilled his opponent was and his familiarity of his own skills did little to reassure him. He was a sniper by specialty so getting so close to combat was not ideal.

Still, he humoured the man and followed suit, tossing his blaster to the side and then the other one holstered at his leg. He unclipped the belt and tossed that aside too. By now, the cantina was empty aside from the pair seeing as all those present saw more sense than to try and break up a fight between two Mandalorians.

"No using the Force either." He told Leenic before approaching his 'ally' with a fierce determination, fuelled by anger, and moving to attack the man's neck with his fist since it was unarmoured and was a good way to disable someone. However, he expected to be met with resistance so he would try to fight through any defence given.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom