Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Short Description: Passwords expiring? Accounts being confused. Can't change passwords.
  • Browser: Any
  • Severity: All accounts
  • Description: For some strange reason or another, it seems that my password seems to expire after a certain amount of time, even if I have it written down in multiple places, and saved on the browser so that I know it's correct. So, I do the reasonable thing and have Chaos send me another password. When I type in for it to send the new password to my email, it tells me that my username is Technovore... one of my character accounts. If I try to log in using that account, I'm promptly told that it is a character account, and that I should be logging in with my OOC account. That makes me wonder why I'm actually getting the account sent to me in the first place. My OOC account name is Exodus, so if I type that into the password recovery, it sends it to the same email, but this time tells me my correct OOC account name. I can then insert the password, and it'll work... about half the time. At least until it expires in a month or two and promptly forces me to engage in the process again. Why does this happen? If I try to change the password to something I can more easily remember, it goofs really badly and forgets both the new and old password, I'm assuming it's merging them into the technovore account or something wacky, because it just forces me to repeat the process with no change in the passwords.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom