Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Location....Location....Location

Several hard working labourers worked efficient and hard to break down everything involved with Taobh Dorcha Industries; leaving nothing but a ghost ground in it's wake. Several transport ships had been brought in to haul away all the materials in the yards; while some projects had been halted and the products disassembled, and then they too, where uploaded to the waiting transports in space.
Darth Venefica had made plans to move her company and all it's possessions weeks before the infamous meeting of the Wills; where she knew her voice and opinions would fall on deaf ears. She didn't care about Anaxes no more, it served it's purpose while she was it's appointed guardian. Now, it would degrade back into a conquered world under the rule of the Sith; and their Dark Lord.
She watched as the last transport raised from the surface and shot toward space, where it would join with the others. Her final orders to the company's engineers where for them to get to their ships and rendezvous with the fleet. Only two stood behind, herself and the CEO of TDI; Mr. Dr'iol.
"Get to your ship and meet me on the warship Nebula."
[member="Tion Dr'iol"]​

The CEO watched as the last ship was away, feeling slightly excited at the prospect of setting up shop elsewhere. He never felt comfortable being in Sith occupied space, not that he had anything against them. Force Users in general always made him feel uncomfortable; which never settled well with him since he really had no fear of anything other than being broke. Darth Venefica, who was not only a Force user but a Sith Lady, had managed to convince him to break out of his shell, which he did only befriending her.

"If I may interject my opinion, I'm glad we are leaving Anaxes behind for greener pastures."

The new site was kept in secrecy, so much that he didn't know where they were going. If Tion didn't know the Sith Lady, he would think she was paranoid. But he did know her, and she always had plans; working two or three steps ahead of anyone else.

"Yes, mi'lady. See you on the Nebula. Have some things to discuss with you and show you."

[member="Darth Venefica"]

As she waited for the CEO of her company, a company she owned but was unknown to others other than him, to join her on the bridge of the warship Nebula, she stared out through the viewport counting the seconds before the One Sith invasion fleet appeared. She had dropped the hints, but they were slow to pick up what she was hissing at them. The fools, and they were fools, were to blinded to see what she was doing. Their reaction time was crippled by their incestious need to breed their tiresome ignorance to move efficiently.
If they had planned properly, rather than listening to a faux commander of their military and navy, the One Sith might have caught enough wind to stop the operation that was taking place right under their high raised noses. Unfortunately, the Dagobah Sith had played them like broken puppets dangling by strings fabricated by weakened materials. She was, by all accounts, steps ahead of their praised military commanders. She was, by truth, a far better military strategist than anyone they could pump life into. She had planned spectaculary!
Her personal handpicked officers, ones she plucked from the One Sith Naval Academy who gave undying loyalty to her, that swapped the tarnished garb of the One Sith for the beautiful designs of the Black Rose stood in front of her. Each one understanding that by aligning themselves with her were taking the oath of condemned traitors when the truth she was preparing to speak became fact.
"At one one time each and every one of you swore loyalty to the Dark Lord. I tell you now he has lost his power...join me and I shall make you gods among mortals! The Goddess of Vahl blesses you!"
The silence of all attending this great schism smiled, and one after one they dropped to knees. Words were not spoken, but their actions spoke volumes. A storm was coming, and they chose to ride on the clouds of immortality.
[member="Tion Dr'iol"]​

Unlike his boss, Lady Venefica, he thoroughly enjoyed space flight. While he awaited her arrival to the warship, he walked around the massive frigate taking mental notes on what to utilize for future projects. The TDI engineers were hard at work, constantly sending new designs and ideas to his desk for approval. One such project he felt uneasy about halting until the move was final dealt with a Destroyer-class warship. He was thrilled to approve the production of the vessel.

He spent a good two hours inspecting the ship and her crew, and by the end of his personal tour wound up on the bridge. He checked the ship's electronic gear, again making notes in his mind for improvements for this warship's class. He spoke with several of the officers and bridge personal before taking a seat next to the admiral. The two had been engaged in a long debate about ship designs and capabilities when a klaxon erupted on the bridge.

"Are we under attack, Admiral," he asked nervously.

"No, Mr. Dr'iol. Lady Venefica has arrived onboard."

Darth Venefica, wasting no time, marched from the Nebula's docking bay straight to the bridge. There was no longer a rush, since all but the Nebula had made the jump to lightspeed. She, personally, was in a rush. On her trip up to her personal warship, a thought came to her. Her CEO, Tion Dr'iol, had been doing some exceptional work while she was busy doing Sithy things. His efforts deserved to be rewarding and there was only one reward worthy of his hard work.
She entered the bridge, making her way to the Admiral and Tion. Both where looking out the viewport when she stopped a few feet behind them. Anaxes was not Dagobah, but it had been her home for the greater part of her time in the One Sith. From the moment she stepped foot on the planet, she knew that the world would one day be under her rule. Now she was leaving it, forever.
"Admiral....give the order to make the jump....the bridge is yours."
"Tion....with me," she said to the Muun.
Darth Venefica led the man out of the bridge, and down the corridors into complete silence. She could sense his growing concerns, which was nothing new with the alien. Since the first day they met, he exhibited a paranoia toward to anyone that could command the Force. Over the time they spent together he grew comfortable with her, but currently he felt disturbed.
"Would you betray me?"
[member="Tion Dr'iol"]​

The Muun nearly tripped over himself at her words. How could she ever think to ask him that? He was loyal, to a fault, and worked so hard in her absence to make her company lots and lots of credits. Paranoid as always, he tried to retrace his mental steps to see if he had done anything to warrant such a comment; and he couldn't single out anything he did wrong. Was someone telling her lies about him, like an over jealous engineer trying to take his job; his job!

"Wh...why do you ask that, mi'lady? I've no reason to betray you!"

He stopped walking, turning to face her. He wanted the Sith Lady to look not only into his eyes and heart, but his mind as well. Tion had witnessed her doing some pretty haunting tricks just using her mind and the mind of another. The day they instrumented the take over of Zann Remanufacturing, he saw her break down Mr. Zann into a drooling husk of nothingness. He even saw her rip ideas, thoughts, memories from the mind's of others, each time making him happier to be her friend.

"Do your hoodoo magick, mi'lady. You'll see for yourself I have nothing to hide from you. Not now, not ever!"

She watched as her CEO, soon-to-be-ex, squirmed and struggled to find his words. She knew he was loyal. She knew he would never betray her. She didn't need to use her 'hoodoo' on him to rip his thoughts from his mind; or even invade his mind. She posed the question to him ro see how would he react, would he grow nervous and blurt out excuses; or would he drop to his knees and beg mercy from her when he had no reason to do so.
"I know you would never betray me," she said patting his right shoulder.
"There is something I wish to give you. TDI itself."
There was no hard choice to make, or a week long of internal debate to come to the decision. She was no fool, the company was safer in his hands. Tion was a business man and an excellent engineer. The company would flourish far better under his guidance than she could ever do. However, the gift did not come without a catch.
"Two criteria....the first is that you continue with the plans of moving into to Kesh. The second is that from the profits TDI makes....I receive 15%."
[member="Tion Dr'iol"]​

Tion's mouth dropped open a few inches and his eyes doubled in size. Did he hear Lady Venefica right? She was giving him the company and in return he had to agree to the proposed move to Kesh and give her 15% of TDI's profits, both he could do easily. His new company, pending the approval of the galactic patent offices, would be on Kesh too. This would save him credits in fuel expenditures.

"You are most grateful, Lady Venefica," he replied.

"However, for all you have done for me I will see that you get 25% instead of 15%. Now if you'll excuse me, I like to see that the plans for the big move are being followed."

Tion took his leave from the Sith Lady, and headed down to the docking bay. If TDI was now to be his, then he wanted to ensure that everything was in order. Set backs and delays never settled well with him. And now that he was the owner of two companies, big plans were forthcoming.

After discussing possible locations with Tion where on Kesh the company should rebuild it's shipyards and factories, it was agreed that Keshtah Minor would host it. The entire armada of transport ships arrived in Kesh's orbit, several of the ship's commanders, by their orders, proceeded with transferring most of the building supplies down to the planet. Darth Venefica was pleased by how efficient they were. The quicker the new structures where built, the quicker the company could get back into the business of production.
From an advantage pointe on top of a small mountain overlooking a lake, the Dagobah Sith watched with enthusiasm as the engineers and their workers jumped right into it; wasting no time to get everything set up. The plan was to have both the yards and factories up and running in no less than three months. If she believed in slave labour, the time could be cut in half; but she shuddered at the idea of ever using slaves for labour. Three months, in theory, was a long time for a company not to be making profits; but it was far better to have the company under the thumbnail of the OS.
"Lady Venefica, your presence is needed down at the base camp," a female voice said through her wrist link.
"I'm on my way now."
[member="Tion Dr'iol"]​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom