Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Living History...

Antecdent, Spaceport Hangar #105

The AEG-77 "Vigo" Gunship was cold, It had just landed on Antecdent the home world of the Red Raven Organization. The sound of Hydrolics hissed as the back ramp lowered to the hangar bay floors. *Thump* The ramp made contact with the floor rather gently, Two Giant Guard droids walked out single file and split up after their feet left the ramp. One Droid stationed himself to the right and the other to the left, Adorned a decorative Sash of cloth across their chests they stood by holding Electrostaffs and guards the ship. Directly inside the Armored Gen'dai sat at the table in Silence, With his face mask folded back by his ear line his face suggested he was thinking about something. On the table lay a Simple Datacron ready to be used and filled.

Kezeroth did not come to Antecdent often but when he did he knew that his apprentice [member="Keira Ticon"] might also be around. This time he would not call or seek her she would have to come on here own. It had been awhile but he was sure that he would be easy to find, after all the Gen'dai never did really learn to control his Force presence. A chunk of the Spaceport reeked of the Darkside...

Mean while exactly outside the ship...

" Query: Why do HK Units talk like this?" the left droid asked his twin that was opposite of him.
" Because HK units are Inferior..." he stated rather bord as he stood by watching nothing come by the ship. Both droids stared at each other, turning their head in exact sync with one another.

"Hehe.."
"Hehe.."
Both of the droids laughed in a odd chuckle.

It didn't take an extreme amount of time for any individual attuned to the Force to pick out the very unique presence of a particular Gen'Dai out of a crowd filled with millions of sensitives and non-sensitives alike. There was a certain way the man had with announcing his presence without ever really meaning to do anything of the sort. Of course, Keira couldn't help but wonder if he did such a thing on purpose, so that the two might have a time to convene together whenever he happened to be on planet. It certainly hinted at some sort of bond between the two, but she wouldn't press her odds beyond anything more. Despite the training session that had followed their initial meeting, there was still an uneasiness there, at least on her part.

These doubts, however, didn't stop her from immediately perking up once she sensed that familiar, cloying darkness so similar to the aura she emanated. It wouldn't be like her to not do her own looking into this, and she knew he wasn't expecting anything less. So without a word she exited the Dragon Palace, meandering down the streets of Antecedent in the general direction of the spaceport, taking her time with things. It wouldn't do any good to have him thinking she was too eager for another meeting, and besides, he likely had a surprise in store for when she arrived. It was wise to prepare for whatever that might be as well. They certainly didn't lead a traditional master and apprentice relationship.

It only took her a few minutes at best to arrive, and even less time to pick out his ship among the others stationed there. If all that radiated through the ether wasn't clue enough, the hulking droids that commanded the area directly outside of the vessel were more than enough. Logically one would hang back a considerable distance in order to avoid provoking what were likely carefully trained and programmed guards. And for once, she listened to what her common sense told her. Mostly, at least. Instead of marching right up to the pair she approached at more of a leisurely pace, judging them with a wary eye. They were impressive, certainly, but compared to the man within the ship, she was relatively unimpressed.

Her amber gaze eventually left those wonders of technology and strayed to the shadows inside the loading ramp, recognizing a shape within what was otherwise a dimly lit interior. Ever cautious of some kind of surprise, a beat passed before she deemed things to at least be within some parameter of safety. Still, the fingertips of her cybernetic left arm brushed briefly across the lightsaber at her waist, a quiet signal that she was fully prepared for whatever he might have in store. "What brings you here?"

[member="Kezeroth the Malevolent"]

Despite the lack of focus the Giant brute could feel where Keira was, A bond of sorts was there something Kezeroth enjoyed for obvious reasons. The Connect to someone else was something he lacked through a chunk of his life, having one such bond now gave his combative and brutal existence that much more substance. By the Time Keira walked in the ship Kezeroth was holding the datacron in hand examining it.

"What brings you here?" He smiled some and raised a brow. " What brings you here?" he responded softly mimicking her slightly. Indeed their relationship was...different. He could tense a slight tension bewteen them, which was natural. It was always good to be on guard. But their meeting was not just some random event, for some reason the Force wanted both of them their. " Im contracted to work for the Ravens. Though while your here... How about a decent talk?" he glanced at her and placed the datacron on the table again. " How old are you?" he asked finally giving that question some thought, Time was an odd factor to him but to other it was something else. Opening the Datacron he prepared his mind, he would need to begin a story in order for the datacron to make sense.

[member="Keira Ticon"]

Most times, when the two chanced to crossed paths, they began things with a sparring match and moved on from there. Such a thing had become synonymous with his presence, so it was strange that an exception had been made so readily this time. In contrast he hadn’t made any move towards her, rather inviting her to talk as if the two were just any other average galactic citizens, and not affiliated with one of the largest criminal syndicates in the galaxy, not to mention that the two were darksiders to boot. For a moment Keira was surprised, merely blinking at his question. Compared to his usual attitude, this was uncharacteristically docile of him. “I’m twenty-three. What has you so curious, all of a sudden?”

From the moment he’d shifted his hand she’d noted the datacron, and supposed that had everything to do with his sudden change in attitude. Never had she considered him one to record his thoughts or knowledge, so this was new. Maybe she didn’t know him as well as she’d thought. Still, it was strange that he’d deemed her to be an important enough part of his life to invite her within his ship and perhaps contribute to whatever he intended to record. She hadn’t exactly pinned him to be one that cared overly much about passing on all that he knew, despite the fact that he’d taken her on as a student. That was as far as she’d ever imagined his interest in doing so to go.

Almost imperceptibly her head titled to one side in an expression of curiosity. “Here I thought combat was the purest form of understanding another individual.” If he was going to mimic her she would return the favor, but this time she wasn’t intentionally attempting to aggravate him, merely returning the favor. Or at least, that was the logic she used behind it. “What has you so interested in using a datacron all of a sudden? I never saw you as the sentimental type.” Where typically her tone would have been sarcastic she was, for once, mostly genuine in all that she said. A rare development, surely, but not something entirely unheard of for her. Something she suspected he hadn’t been anticipating.

" The datacron is for a friend of mine, But my words are for you." he smiled and activated the datacron. " Consume Essence! A very underestimated Darkside ability that enables the user to feed directly off of the negative emotions of others! Something that cant be learned from direct combat, Though you know I wish it could. Esstenially you are feeding off the Darkside of others. Later this ability can be developed to strengthen yourself and weaken your opponent, It can sustain you for days, months and even years. The Sith Emperor used this ability to a extreme degree. Coruscant isnt the happiest of places dont you agree Keira?" he paused and leaned back. This was just a weird for him as it was for her, Feeling like a boring Sith lord agfain was not fun. But in order to get what he wanted this datacron had to be made. " I know this ability can benefit you well, giving you an unseen edge against others. If you practice it." he turned his head and cleared his throat in a deep growl. He hated talking for a long time...

" Tell me your past, I will tell mine and how Comsume Essence kept me sustained." he said yawning and placed both hands behind his head.

[member="Keira Ticon"]

The two had never spoken for any length of time, much less about something so personal. This was the first time Keira had talked about her past, the whole of it, with anyone but family. Only her older brothers knew the complete story of all that had transpired from her childhood as a Jedi to her later abandonment of the Order and afterwards. It almost seemed a lifetime away, given what had happened since her joining the Ravens. What furthered her disbelief was his offer to tell his own life story in return. It was something she hadn't considered herself curious about until this moment. There was little she really knew about him besides his leaving the Sith and being obligated under contract to work with the Ravens. The rest was up to her imagination.

The ability he spoke of was less of an alien thing to her. It was something she could understand to an extent, even if she wasn't entirely sure as to how to access the power just yet. It gave her something to focus on besides the fact that she would have to recount her life not just to him, but to whomever might chance upon this datacron after the one that requested it didn't require the device any longer. But she had never been one to shy away from any sort of challenge, and she wasn't about to start now. "My past, huh? I'm not sure what there is to tell. Or how much you want to hear." With a shrug she took a chair across from him, pondering what had been asked of her once more. We go from trying to kill each other to this. It was a drastic change, to say the least.

"Well, I guess the best place to start is the beginning. I was born on Corellia, nothing new, wound up joining the Jedi somewhere along the line. The Temple is the first home I really remember having. I was there for sixteen years, give or take. Left because it wasn't working, wandered around for a bit, figured out about being a Ticon three years later, which puts me at nineteen. That's about the time I joined the Ravens as well, and met everybody." No, she wouldn't be talking about Cryax. Not now. "Everything then was normal for awhile, whatever that means. Then I had that...encounter with The Primeval." Seconds of silence passed. "Escaped, came back, that's about the time we had our match, and you know what happens next." There wasn't much else to tell.

A small smile quirked her lips. "Guess I should mention I have an apprentice now. Or had. After our little disagreement with the Sith, I'm not sure how that's going to work out. He seems pretty insistent on staying loyal to them, at any rate." Which ultimately met that either he'd have to leave the Order entirely, or the two would have to cut off any further training. She didn't desire either of them having to suffer the consequences, and frankly, the Sith had begun to bore her even before the Ravens apparent 'betrayal'. It was just another stepping stone that brought the syndicate to where it is today.

"How about you?"

Keira was once Jedi?! Ah yes he just now was reminded of that fact. His mind could still picture their first fight in the Raven fighting pits, She was a cocky young padawan. He himself forgot that he was the one that introduced the Darkside of the force to her in full. Those were good times but oh how she had changed? Yes she had changed since those days of course, Before him now was a miniature him Wild, Raw and Free. Nothing limited her, Infact it seems like all Ticons were like this now he gave it thought.

" I do Believe I taught a sister of yours too... Lisa Ticon. Im not sure if you knew her but she too joined with the Sith. Out paths split after that and you came to me shortly after ... Just a fun fact." he smirked shortly and changed his expression to something rather grim. " If you dont have much to tell than its OK I guess. Hmm where can I start?" he asked himself looking around the room. " Draggulch Era of Galatic History... 2000BBY. I was 9 years old living in a Cloneing lab. Yes I am a Clone.... Amazed? Everyone else was... During that time I was raised as a Son to a Scientist named Valen Core. Dr. Core and his many assistants bred, sheltered & raised me as their own all the while ripping off major gangs to fund what I need to survive. Hmm Some time later one of the lab assistants betrayed Dr. Core and the soon the Sith caught the scent." Pausing with a slight hesitation his neck twitched slightly and he restrained himself by gnashing his teeth and finally growled some as a partial release. ​" Was during that time I had just turned ten and the Sith came and raided the Lab. Killing everyone who refused to give up their ultimate achievement...Me. In my Adopted fathers last moment I myself watched as a lowly Sith Acolyte finished my Father with a fatal Force Choke. Unaware of my Force Potiental and caught in a deep grief, That was the first time I started to feed off the darkside unknowingly."

[member="Keira Ticon"]

Just when Keira had started thinking that nothing more about the Gen'Dai that shared the table with her could catch her by surprise, he revealed something like that. There were some things she could at least bring herself to anticipate, but this was far from it. His age was unsurprising, given his species, as if it wasn't already obvious enough with his size and ability. Here was a man that quite literally embodied another era altogether, a time when the galaxy had been much different and perhaps more volatile than it was this very day. It was a topic her younger self would have taken interest in and questioned after endlessly, but presently she was nearly the opposite of whomever that young woman had once been, and her only reaction was a quiet acknowledgement that she would have to do more research later.

A thoughtful frown briefly passed across her face, and she put careful consideration into all that had been put forth. His tale was certainly more interesting than hers, filled with much more turmoil and conflict than she had pictured. Then again, he was thousands of years older than she, and had lived through many more tumultuous times and caused his own fair share. That made for a very dangerous yet intriguing recipe of skill and the experience to back it up, and then some. There was more to everything than the short amount that he'd told her, that much was almost entirely sure. And he would likely tell the rest of it, at the very least for whomever he was giving this datacron to. But he'd made it clear that his words were entirely for her beforehand. Interesting.

"So that puts you at the same time Sith like Ruin and Kaan were coming around." Her academic side rarely reared its head, and she was dredging up this knowledge from her lessons ages ago at the Jedi Temple. There was little else she could recall about the men besides their names, let alone the further history of that point in time. It was the beginning of what would become an eras long war between the Jedi and the Sith, the spark that ignited the conflict that now pursued the two warring Force orders throughout the ages, ceaselessly and undying. It spiked and subsequently fell, but some level of enmity was always there. It was a bit much to process, the fact that he had been around to witness all of those events and more in his lifetime, and would likely live to see many more like it.

Finally she dug herself out of her thoughts for a moment. "And yeah, Lisa's my cousin. We might be alike, but not all of us are darksiders. One of my older brothers is a Jedi. Just a fun fact." That was a well-placed mock of what he'd said, and she cracked a teasing smile. Sure, she would respect him and listen politely to his stories, and ask genuine questions while providing just as insightful commentary. That didn't mean she couldn't dig at other, less significant things.

Acknowledging her well timed mock he returned a smirk. Looking around after hearing the names Ruin and Kaan Kezeroth could only express a joking smile. Remembering who one of them actully was he nodded and said. " Haha, Yes that was my Era. Hehe After the raid on the Cloning lab the Sith dragged me with them to Korriban where I would be Tortured, Experimented on and treated a living target dummy. They attached a Bio-Linked suit of useless armor to me, it bore the symbols of the ancient Sith, branding me a Slave. I did not know what exactly kept me going at that time... The food the gave me was horrible. My Hate kept me going this much I know. But as they had their fun I was watching and learning. Their styles their ways and traditions. Enslaved and treated like karking bantha crap for 1500 years! Left to guard some kriffin Sith Lords tomb and wait to be put to death by some random Knight. But we both know that did not happen!" He nodded his head forward and left his arms rest on the table, Hunching he stared at [member="Keira Ticon"] his Red eyes faintly glowing and moving as if it were a picture of the past, A past filled with a Dark fiery hatred.

" The day that Sith came to end me and unlock the secrets of the tomb was my day of Freedom, The day I accepted the Darkside. He charged at me with his Light Pike. I was pathetic then wallowing in Sadness and grief. Outstretching my hand I watched as he was carried away to a pillar, With the karking sith on his back I did not hesitate to end him. I Leaped on him and ripped him apart!! I fed on every second of his anguish and agony! It empowered me and gave me a unknown strength. After 1500 years I escaped on a Cargo Vessel and crash landed on Dantooine." he shook his head some thinking about those times after he escaped. " Those were dark times, I had no one and was regarded as insane. It took many years for my mind to heal from the torment." He ended his story with that even though it was not complete he left out alot! The Naboo Crisis, Clone Wars.. The list was a long carpet that could be placed in a Castle, But the beginning of his story was the most important to him and to some others. It explained why he hated the Sith with a unnatural passion.

" That is my story, Its full of Naboo nature scenes and Rainbows isnt it?" he said chuckling slightly even though it was anything but that what he said it was. " Any Questions about Consume Essence?"

Despite the vast differences and thousands of years that separated their lives and all that they had been through, Keira found some kind of similarity in his story, a resemblance of her own. This wasn’t about who suffered more or less, or who had to go through more pain in order to get to the point where they were able to fight for themselves once more. This was about them as people, the simplest relation the two could ever have. It was odd for her to feel connected with any being, but there was a pull there that tethered them together, borne of common circumstances that they both had to struggle through to do nothing more than live to see another day. This was camaraderie in its purest form, withholding all of their common grudges and usual remarks. And it was the strangest thing.

There were questions she had, but none of them pertained to this particular ability. But she didn’t feel that it would be appropriate to dredge up more memories that he didn’t want to remember. It was unnatural for her to find herself really curious in a caring sort of manner about whatever tragedy had befallen another. There were few she considered herself close to, and even fewer that she truly cared about. With most whatever sense of empathy she possessed was fleeting at best, many times not present in the first place. It wasn’t the way it had been, but the way it had grown to be given the past few years. With him, it seemed as if something had changed. Nothing life-changing, not an event that would change her view of the galaxy, but another spark between them. Another connection. Something that communicated, in the quietest of whispers, I understand you.

In order to retain some sense of normalcy despite all that she was thinking she flashed a half-smile at the wry rhetorical inquiry. That it was not, no question. But neither of them would be where they were that day had they not fought for something. This was simply an expansion of that, though they were perhaps fighting together in some sense. Or at least, against those that had once held them in that limbo of helplessness. Now they, she, was beyond that. She had to keep reminding herself of this, lest she fall back into old habits. And his final inquiry helped jar her out of her thoughts and back into the galaxy as she knew it, but there was still a long moment before she seemed to be entirely within herself and present in that very moment.

“How would one be able to use the ability without deteriorating mentally? It can’t exactly be healthy to sustain yourself with another being’s negative emotions constantly. I’d like to at least keep some semblance of my sanity.” However much was left, at least, and she wasn’t sure how high a number that was anymore. It was really the only question she could think of. The rest of it would remedy itself in time, as it always did, including her relative skill with the power as a whole. Of course, her concern in regards to the consequences was likely as fleeting as it was under any other circumstance, but it was always best to know beforehand regardless, even if she would later disregard the advice given. It wasn’t one of her best traits, but it was there to stay.

Glad to stop talking about his extremely complex past, it gave him a painful reminder of just how much he had been through. Reflections on the past made him thankful for what he had today and though this was not expressed on the outside, all of it was showing internally. Mandalorians, the numerous Dark Jedi, his apprentices Keira and Judas, the Red Ravens & the Darkside its self. They all had his back now and he had theirs. Glancing at [member="Keira Ticon"] the Gen'dai nodded to her after she voiced her concerns about the ability. With a grin Kezeroth closed his eyes and humed, though this came out as a bumpy growl... it was something that he found thought provoking...Her question that is. Sanity? To the Gen'dai this was a lost concept to him. The wellness of mind was something he lost long ago though he reckoned he had a slight touch of it left.

In fact he had never though about the consequences of using Consume Essence, He trusted the Darkside in full and obeyed its call. It showed the difference the two sitting down and some similarities. " Hehe.. You give it too much thought. The darkside sustains you at a cost of course. In time you can recover from whatever side effect it gives you but their is always a cost. Besides why would you need with Sanity anyway?" he grinned wide, Back to his mentality of smash smash and blow stuff up. " The more you use the Darkside the more it brings you closer to itself. Its a relationship that is simple an complex. This much im sure you know." he tilted his head. " Treat the Darkside how you would like to be treated or else you will reap what you sow like the countless Sith." he frowned at his own mention on how Sith look at the Force.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom