Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Livin' In a Lonely World

Everything happened far faster than Adron was prepared for. Springing from the shadows like some deadly assassin he watched as a lightsaber blade was ignited from behind one of the rows of shelving. Immediately his hand flew to his own weapon, his thumb quickly running over the activation pad as his own lightsaber blade sprung from it's hilt. As the woman spoke Adron held the white blade out towards her, however she soon made it clear that she was not their enemy.

As the blade to her lightsaber died down the young Count ran his thumb over the activation pad to his own weapon, extinguishing the blade.

Latching his weapon back on his waist Adron's hands returned to the confines of his black cloak, though a curios expression was left on his face as he watched the two. "You could have killed him." The boy said simply, before turning his attention away from the pleasant company he was in and back towards the library before them.

"This place must have thousands of books." He muttered, before approaching a book shelf and glancing at a few of the works.

[member="Corde Flint"] [member="Alyson Halle"]

Alyson looked to Corde, things must be bad if she was called back to the Dominion, but she couldn't, not yet, she needed to finish what the council had sent her on, she knew why she had been sent now. She needed to find that holocron, the only problem was she had little idea where to start.

From the ledger she found earlier, Pantora was the best bet of finding the holocron, it was procured from an artifact dealer there, hopefully he left a trail enough for them to find where this holocron went. This was her new mission, the council had sent her here to find it, they probably knew of at least the existence of the library, they had sent her here, and the force guided her along her quest, she needed to complete it, only then would she truly be ready to move forward with her journey, this would be a long path, but hopefully she could find it. With or without these two.

"I can't go back, not yet, the centerpiece to this great library is missing, a holocron. I have no idea where it is or how it ended up missing, but i think i know where to start. This very planets moon is home to a thriving civilization, the moon of Pantora. It is an interesting world, and I have little information on where this thing might be, all i know is that it was procured from a merchant many years ago, he is probably dead, but if he is, he will have had to leave a trail. You two can choose to help me, or not, it matters little to me, but I will not return to the dominion until it is found."

[member="Adron Malvern"] | [member="Corde Flint"]

The sigh of exasperation very nearly escaped the confides of his lips, held back only by years of discipline. Every minute the Dominion's Jedi went without direction was a gamble that the whole thing would end in shambles. There was no time for a wild goose chase, especially when they weren't even certain if it was a man or the trail said man left that would be the query. He had half a mind to let Alyson continue her chase alone, enlist the help of Adron and whoever else he could find - the kid was a Count, that had to count for something - and at least set up a temporary solution.

"You don't understand the situation. The holocron can wait." He stopped himself, not bothering to hold back this sigh. Arguing would get them nowhere, only waste more precious time. Better, he thought, to assist in her quest and return with another more experienced Jedi than risk them both going empty-handed. "How long do you expect this to take?"

[member="Adron Malvern"] | [member="Alyson Halle"]​

Adron's steps had come to a complete stop when he noticed a book, covered in a bed of dust, shoved to the rear of one of the book shelves. The young Jedi slowly parted the books surrounding it, trying not to damage them as he pried the small tome from the rear. Taking the book into his hands he blew on the cover, arching a brow at the text written on the front. It was written in Galactic Basic yet there was no way to decipher what the book could have been about. Taking it under his arm he turned back towards the others, not surprised to see they were no closer to compromise.

"The longer we waste here the longer we let our people down." He turned to Alyson and offered a quick smile before gesturing to the library surrounding them. "This is an amazing thing to find, but if we do not return soon it won't mean much. Why don't we devote some time to helping you find the Holocron? If we don't find it in a few days we return home until we have time to pick up the search again?"

The Count seemed to have significantly perked up since entering the library, obviously intrigued by the tomes around them.

Alyson sighed a bit Corde was not one for wasting time she saw. That was respectable in and of itself, but not ideal. The kid had a much more go get em attitude. He seemed much more willing to help out in finding the holocron. That was a better attitude, he was on the right track.

"I cant leave, not yet, I was sent here for a reason, and i need to finish what i came here for. With or without your help. I think the kid here has a much better attitude on things. I know where to start looking. This planets moon, Pantora, was the place the holocron was sourced from, while its been a few thousand years I think we can find atleast something leading us on the right path. The guy they bought it from was Dantorn Fenlowe, he is long dead, but his business might still exist, Fenlowe Auction House, we might be able to find out where it went." She said

She then began making her way towards the door, she needed to get going, with or without them.

"Now I have a holocron to find, with or without you two, i will return to the dominion once I find it. Inform the council of this location and get them to transfer everything back to Ession, if you don't come with me that is."

[member="Adron Malvern"]

[member="Corde Flint"]

"The kid's name is Adron," Corde cut in, remembering the exchange from earlier. "And he doesn't understand the severity of the what's going on, either." He was uninterested in arguing. He'd wanted to get this mission taken care of from the beginning, nothing had changed. He nodded to the book under Adron's arm. "You're going to have to return that on your own time."

Straightening his cloak, preparing himself to once again deal with the elements, he moved to follow Alyson. "That's just it, Halle. Informing the council's going to be a bit tough, all things considered."

[member="Adron Malvern"] | [member="Alyson Halle"]​

Rubbing his temple as he was called a kid once again Adron made no attempt to correct the woman, in his place Corde spoke on the boy's pet peeve in his place. When Alyson spoke of transferring the knowledge to another location Adron nodded his head. "I'll have my men take the information to Ession, I'll contact them once we are out of this library."

Following the other two, Adron sunk the book into his cloak, not wanting it to be affected by the hellish weather outside the library. "You're wasting your breath Corde." Adron muttered to the man, gesturing to Alyson as they made their way out. "She's already made up her mind."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom