Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lilla knew little of...

Lilla Syrin

A great leap forward often requires first taking t
Lilla nodded with enthusiasm. She was not one who believed in technology for technology’s sake. Nor did she want to lose sight of what it meant to be a Jedi – and so eschewed armour for example. But practical advancements that made the life of a Jedi easier to manage? These sorts of technological benefits she had time for.

The water and rations solutions – for example – were entirely useful and she would appreciate some supplies of these. And the kojie pack as well as the cracken field kit fitted her needs perfectly. And the universal translator would be a real boon. Nothing took away from what it meant to be a Jedi and all made the more straightforward and potentially mundane a lot easier.

“So, the real question is, are these things I could use? I’d say ‘borrow’ but in truth they would be unlikely to be returned.”

[member="Matsu Ike"]

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
[member="Lilla Syrin"]

"Yes." The grin was on her face while she was moving it and took one of the shoulder bags. Bringing up a screen while adjusting the Sasori Kojie bag's strap to fit the biometrics that were recorded and on the screen. The second thigh pack made for the Sasori Cracken field kit. A pair of robes that could be worn and they looked like tracitional jedi robes but the material was both softer and stronger. INtricately weaved with solari and pontite crystal weave around wintriu that had been aged so it was more like a super lightweight kevlar. THe silver and white Guardian Robes looked better as the jedi master worked getting a small vial and brought it over. "This is the Sakura TX-3P-02 translator, a small amount you swallow and it will go into effect fairly quicly to give you translation capabilities. It is like having a 3-PO unit in your head."

Lilla Syrin

Lilla felt a mix of thoughts. On one hand, she was being given tools that would help her as a Jedi – and that could only be good for the galaxy at large. The more well-equipped Jedi out there, the better the chances of stemming the tide of oppressive regimes and the spread of the Sith across space.

But she was not used to being given things – other than her robes, and the use of a ship. It was not a negative experience, just an unusual one.

So, Lilla took each item and held it with care, examining it before moving on to the next. Finally, she took the vial, and listening to the benefit of the translator, she tipped it into her mouth and swallowed. This was proving to be a very fruitful day.

“You have my thanks,” she said, “And if there is anything I can do to help, you know you only have to ask.” She did not talk of repayment, she knew this was not about being in debt or owing anyone anything. But her offer stood and would extend for as long as required – there was never going to be a tally of payment given and received.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Lilla Syrin"]

The jedi master gave a nod of her head and she looked the jedi over.... mostly she was unsure how best to or if she would need it. She asked for help plenty and knew to not do everything herself... but that was in a practical sense. There were few who knew these skills like an artisan. THe jedi master though was moving and though her place here she went ot one of the doors opening it up. It went into a section of the ship, open hanger where different ships were set up around an observation window looking out. THe sight of one as she move that seemed to be growing more then anything as it was hooked up and a voice sounded throughout the hanger. "Master you've returned I thought I heard you." THe jedi master looked at it and up around the hanger to the ship as it hovered and came down. The crystal hull of it glowing and blinking as she spoke. "Magda this is Lilla." THe jedi master spoke indicating. "Lilla this is Magda...... she is special."

Lilla Syrin

​Lilla knew her offer was welcomed and if she was ever needed, the Silver Jedi in general, and Master Ike in particular, would look to seek her out. But right now, the tour was clearly not at an end and Lilla followed her host out of the laboratory and through the ship — ending up in a hangar.

At first glance, it looked like any other, but already Lilla knew well enough that it was unlikely that she was being taken to see ordinary craft — and so it proved. LIlla heard the voice and scanned her surroundings before understanding that what she thought had just happened, had just happened. The ship in front of them just spoke to Master Ike.

“Yes,” she echoed, “I’d say it is very special indeed. Tell me, what sort of technology is that — assuming it is technology of course.”

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Lilla Syrin"]

"A tsil crystal core and a padawan who wanted to aid her friends." She said it and looked at the other jedi as the ship spoke. "I got hurt when the temple fell on me but I was scared and didn't want to leave everyone who would need me so I offered to become one with the ship that they were experimenting on." Matsu spoke with a look on her face. "We were experimenting with advanced bio circuits, based on the jedi starfighters that connected with a jedi's sense of the force and could respond to their minds without having to use their hands. If a jedi could link to and lock out or control a ship imagine the possibility. THey could detect if there were threats, open doors in case of an emergency or even quickly get fire suppression going.." She was thinking about the benefits but she spoke. "We didn't know she could connect and become part of the ship but it gives her a means to help and possibly pas on eventually."

Lilla Syrin

Lilla listened intently. She suspected there was more to it than simply a technological breakthrough. She’d heard of various ships that were in some ways organic – able to self-repair and even self-fuel. Some had such advanced intelligence, it was hard to tell if it were high-level AI or the ship was an actual being.

So, she was not surprised to hear that this vessel was a combination of an unfortunate incident and an experiment. “In many ways,” Lilla noted – although she was not sure if she was talking to the ship or Master Ike – in truth, probably both, “This is a similar situation to a Holocron. The difference – and I appreciate this is a basic and in some ways crude analogy – is that typically the Holocron’s consciousness continues past the transfer of memories and knowledge. Here, we have a Jedi’s very being preserved, and fulfilling a useful purpose and no doubt, saving lives proactively as opposed to reactively. Tell me,” her head was now turned definitely to the ship, “Do you learn still?”

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Lilla Syrin"]

Matsu raised an eyebrow and it was an interesting question no doubt that she wasn't certain about. "Yes but not like you think... or might do, I can't realy use limbs or the force so most of my jedi training is gone... I can feel the force from the connection of the kyber crystals strewn throughout the ship but I can learn from the databanks and Master Ike has a lot of information from it all. I am learning about what happened on the world now from the reports and seeing what they are finding in the vaults as they update it in real time. Currently there are two hundred thousand creadits worth of crystals locted and being organized by region of the galaxy and planet."

Lilla Syrin

Lilla listened. Her question was one of genuine interest as opposed to idle curiosity. And she was not necessarily expecting a simple or even complete answer. She suspected they were talking at the cutting edge of what was both possible and plausible – and so would be developing knowledge and understanding all of the time.

And what she heard was amazing. It was as if the ship were an advanced AI interface, yet had the philosophy and mind-set of a Jedi. Which meant that problems would be solved in accordance with the Code, but the ship could come to a conclusion far quicker than a team of Jedi analysts, working on the same problem. Lilla wondered if the technology could be used wider than a ship. Could Jedi consciousnesses be synced with datapads, to offer this sort of advanced support in the field? It was something she proposed to ask Master Ike – but not yet.

She was still unsure how to speak to the ship. Her entire life had ingrained a philosophy that it was an inanimate object.

“Please help me,” she finally said. “Firstly, how should I address you. And secondly, a more personal question – but an honest one. How do you perceive yourself? A Jedi? A ship? Or something else?”

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Lilla Syrin"]

"I am a ship with a jedi spirit in it that hunts down the darkside." She said it matter of factidly while the jedi master herself was walking around and could feel them coming out of hyperspace. She was going towards the ship as displays were coming up showing the mysterious hellhoop with a look on her face. "We are here, exploring around this region of space should be something interesting for us." She was curious about it though where they could check out." Matsu was going into the ship itself with some fo the supplies they would be able to use when the hangers opened to check out some parts of it. "I am curious about what we might be able to find."

Lilla Syrin

Lilla paid close attention to the ship as it spoke to her. She heard what she suspected all along – that it was not as simple as naming the vessel one thing or another. It was…complicated. Not that this was bad – just a fact.

“Thank you,” Lilla replied, bowing to the ship and turning her attention to Master Ike. “So, do we have any promising leads to work on? I’d rather be on the list of ships that came in and came out again, but if we need to take risks in order to fulfil our mission, I’m more than comfortable with that.”

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Lilla Syrin"]

"Not much, we have some information from the vault about the area but it is old and star charts can shift in time. The worlds are mostly listed with what wealth they might produce or have had in the past. Some worlds listing where they got slaves but it is not exact or in depth enough." She said it as the ship was sealing up and checking all of it out, the display screen showed the hellhoop giving them all of it with more undiscovered areas of it or parts of the map that were showing the out of date information but using advanced ai's and computers to compare and contrast the data into something useful that they could make out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom