Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question Lightsabers & NPCs

I swear, just these last two questions and I won't ask anymore... for a little while.

My idea for a character's lightsaber is quite simple. It will only use canonical parts and crystals. Even the blade and hilt type are canon. There's no homebrewed features or functions. Every single detail is completely canon, they've just never been combined in this way. Do I still need to submit it to Technology Creation?
If I read the rules correctly, as a Force user, my character could start at any rank. (Hopefully I understand that correctly.) But that would mean no player (Writer?) is his master. So I figured I would create an NPC who was. For the sake of convenience, I'd write them as being dead. They would never come up again unless mentioned. Do I still need to submit him/her to NPC Creation?

Hello, and welcome to Chaos! Don’t feel bad about asking a whole mess of questions. I did when I first joined.

Lightsaber:
Most of the lightsabers that are submitted to Technology Creation are just to add some “fluff” for writers. You are not required to submit one to the Factory unless you would like.

That said, if you happen to create a lightsaber that say “can cut a Star Destroyer in half”, then I highly suggest that you post it to the factory.

If it’s abilities are non-canon, than I suggest submitting. If they are canon, then you are totally fine if you don’t want to submit it.

NPC:
To answer the first part of you question, you are totally allowed to start your character with whatever rank you want. If you want to write a Padawan, write a Padawan. If you want to write a Jedi Master, than write a Jedi Master. It is all up to you.

As for the NPC Master, that again is totally up to you. A lot of writers I known just mention a Master in their backstory, but never end up submitting them to the Codex. That is totally fine.

Again, like the lightsaber, if the NPC is really powerful and can do insane things, than I suggest submitting them.

I hope this helps out!
Saloarian Saloarian

Awesome, cool. Thank you, Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei . I thought about it and I think I'll post something for my lightsaber. That way it's all laid out in detail and I can link to it in my character's profile.

...And it'll be more convenient. I won't have to create an entire section for it and everything will look much nicer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom