Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lightsaber Lessons: Shii-Cho

Another day.

Another lesson.

Jake was busting his arse. There had been an influx of new prospective Jedi to the Silvers. The problem? With the move off of Voss, the move to Kashyyyk and expanding political influence through the region, it left very few Masters and Knights to address this influx. This wasn't knock on the Silvers. Oh no. It was a testament to how hard Jake watched them work to better the lives of countless people throughout the galaxy.

Jake ensured that he would help the Order that had taken him in. He ensured he helped out the Silvers that had gone out of their way to assist him. That meant he would prepare their next generation in how to properly defend themselves. He would ensure he taught the next generation how to defend others. More importantly he would ensure he trained protectors; not warriors. He wouldn't allow anyone under his tutelage to become a murderer.

Jake didn't want them to turn into what he had been.

So here Jake stood, patiently waiting in the middle of the same training room he always used, for the newest member of the Silver Jedi.

Did this recruit have any clue what he was in for?
A smirk crossed Jakes face.​
[member="Reggie Faayare"]​

At first, Reggie was excited when he heard that someone was willing to train him to use a lightsaber, but then realization dawned on him: Reggie isn't the strongest nor the most durable person in the galaxy. When he was younger, he would always lose in tests of strength or brawls with others. Whenever he would get in a fight, which wasn't often, Reggie would have to rely on his reflexes and speed. Most of the time he was able to talk his way out of situations, so he never thought about improving his other abilities.

Even though Reggie was worried that he wouldn't be able to keep up, he quickly made it to the training room to begin his lesson. He didn't want to keep [member="Jake Daniels"] waiting after all. When he arrived, he saw that his teacher was standing in the middle of the room.

"Greetings Master!"

He bowed as he said this, showing his respect.

“I am no Master.” Jake corrected though he gave a nod in respect to the young man. “There is also no need to bow to me. I am not of the same stock as the other Silver Jedi. They deserve such respect. I do not.”

Jake began to pace back and forth as he truly took a moment to size up this young man. He seemed eager. He was humble. He was polite. Was he capable of putting that aside in combat though? Did such a courteous young man have the capability to not only learn and respect the form of Shii-Cho but to use it for the betterment of his fellow man? Would he be able to hold his own against Sith?

“Before we begin.” Jake said as he grabbed his lightsaber, “A few house keeping notes for you.” Jake ignited his crimson blade, “I am a former Sith. I was trained by my Master, [member="Mahet"], to hunt both Jedi and Sith. I have bested the top tier of both the Jedi Order and Old Sith Empire of my day. In all of my experiences I have learned two very important things. The first is, pacifism will get you killed when you fight a Sith. Second, Sith fight dirty. Etiquette is tossed out of the window. You seem to be quite a polite individual but that will get you killed. Your personality must change. You must understand both yourself and your foe. More importantly,” Jake stopped his pacing to stress this point, “You are a Silver Jedi. You are not one of those warmongering baboons running around the galaxy calling themselves Jedi. You protect. You defend. You do not head foolishly into a battle.”

Jake kept his blade active but lowered its point towards the ground, “Give me your word you will use what I teach you to protect and defend. Give me your word you will not use what I teach you to pick fights and start conflict. Give me your word and I will continue with this lesson.”

[member="Reggie Faayare"]

Reggie watched as the man paced back and forth, listening to every word he said. His background was surely interesting, which made it clear that this would not be a easy lesson, and that Reggie would be pushed to his limits. This would be difficult, both learning to keep up and learn Shii-cho, and changing his ways so that kindness doesn't get him killed when in battle.

One thing was clear though; Reggie was here so that he could defend people, and he wouldn't run away in fear when others need him most. To achieve that, he must learn what he can and refine his skills. Not for himself, but for others.

"I promise that I will use what you teach to defend. I will not use the lessons you teach me to cause fights, that is not the jedi way nor is it mine. I give you my word."

Reggie didn't take promises lightly, so he meant what he said, He would use these lessons to defend

[member="Jake Daniels"]

Jake nodded and began his traditional instruction, "Shii-Cho is different from all other forms as it is the foundation of every other lightsaber combat style. You will never understand the other styles without understanding Shii-Cho." Jake explained.

"This form is basic. Very basic. It's strengths in what it does. It deflects and disarms. It helps build your defenses. It is not meant to kill; at most it maims and even then only under extreme circumstances."

"Within Shii-Cho are two methods of combat. Ideal form and live combat. We will start with ideal form." Jake explained. "Ideal form is meant for sparring. Blade to blade. A strait, fair fight as one could say." Jake approached Reggie and handed the young man his lightsaber. "Ignite it. You will see my crimson blade. Ignore its color for now."

"There are six target zones with this style of lightsaber combat." Jake pointed to each zone on himself, "Zone one is the head. Two is the right arm and side. Three is the left arm and side. Four is the back. Five is the right leg and finally six is the left leg. In ideal form, your maneuvers are vertical and horizontal swings. Up and down. Left and right."

"You need to learn to focus on premonition. Anticipate not just your opponents attack but their movements. I will be your test dummy." Jake explained. "Attack zone three on me."

Reggie took in all the information, understanding what Shii-Cho was. These are the basics, whats needed to progress in sword techniques. While he is more focused on knowledge and force abilities, learning this and other forms were important if Reggie wants to defend people against enemies. When he was given the older mans lightsaber, he ignited as he was told. While the crimson color is mostly used by Sith, Reggie didn't mind it. A blade doesn't identify a person, but the actions of a person does.

Quickly processing the information given to him about the zones, Reggie grips the lightsaber with both of his hands, moves his right leg back and bends his knees. His father had told him that you need to plant your feet and bend the knees so that you won't be pushed over easily in a fight, and now he was putting that to practice. When his instructor told him to attack zone three, Reggie became focused on the target in front of him and was determined to do what he was told. He didn't think he would hit, but he would try.

Reggie dashed in on his instructor and swinging horizontally to his targets left arm. he wasn't worried about the strength of his swing, he was more focused on hitting the target.

[member="Jake Daniels"]

Jake's legs stiffened as he watched the student come in for a strike. Reggie dashed head long as Jake; as fast as his legs could carry him. He had speed. Just by watching Jake could tell the young mans reflexes and agility were much sharper than the aged warriors. Jake had experience though. In a lesson, his experience would be used as a teaching opportunity. More specifically he would teach Reggie how his youth could outdo even the most trained Jedi or Sith.

Afterall, Jake had been Reggies age one day.

Reggies saber swung. Jake simply turned, swung his own to create a loud pop as blade met blade. Jake knocked Reggies saber down and away before spinning around and bringing it just inches from the young man's back.

"Remember to anticipate. Think through the entirety of your attack. You must not just think of your immediate action but its follow up. What could I do? What will you do in response?" Jake explained.

"You have speed. Use it." Jake explained. "It will take some time but as you formulate your own strategies, your anticipation will become second nature. This time I attacked your back in response. See if you can anticipate where I will strike next. Attack me again."

Everything happened so fast that Reggie didn't know what to think. All he knew was that a lightsbaer was close to his back and he didn't dare move because of it. When Jake started to speak, he was broken out of his trance. What Reggie gathered was simple enough: Use the speed that he has and try to anticapate the enemies attack. This would be difficult indeed.

"Alright. I think I can do that."

Reggie re-obtains the lightsaber he was using and gets back into his stance. After a few seconds, he dashes towards Jake again, but didn't go for his left arm right off the back like last time. This time, he swings the blade down over Jakes head, which he expected his opponent to move backwards to avoid being hit. At that moment, Reggie would quickly dash towards the left side of his opponent and swing his blade horizontally with his body, aiming for zone three on his instructors body.

[member="Jake Daniels"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom