Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Life is a Catwalk (PM for invite)

Waverly walked inside the lavish venue that had been set up for an Independent Designer Fashion Show; there were countless rows of black chairs and a long runway that nearly stretched the length of the building. Tonight she was wearing a red dress that draped gracefully across her body, featuring a one-shoulder design; it was a nice way to show skin without being too exposed. Her hair was worn in loose waves, her go-to style. A few sparkling bangles adorned her wrists and she wore a pair of understated earrings. It was a night to look expensive but not flashy; eyes were always on the guests just as much as they were on the designs.

Waverly was no stranger to the fashionable word of Empress Teta and she was glad to be in Cinnagar again. She was sure that it would be a night of exciting and new fashions, it was always fun to see the work of up and coming designers. It was also a great opportunity to share one’s opinion without coming across too judgmental or rude, after all designers did need constructive criticism.

She took confident steps towards her seat in the 1st row and was delighted to see a sleek black gift bag waiting for her; such were the pleasures of being well connected. While Waverly was very excited for the night’s events, her guard was slowly losing the will to live. Kallum gently nudged Waverly after taking his seat next to her; this was the sort of thing he hated.

“Do I really have to stay here? I could wait outside…” He asked.

“Nonsense!” Waverly started. “I received two tickets… and I’m not about to look like I’ve been stood up. Just sit there, it’ll be over before you know it.” She said slyly, withholding the fact that there was also going to be an after party. Waverly was in the process of starting up her own Couture house, and she was still relatively unknown in the fashion world, she was hoping that this would change tonight. It was always good to network. Her gaze flickered towards the entrance, the event hall was beginning to fill and soon the lights would dim, signaling the start of the show.

[member="Claire Organa"]

Tonight was the beginning of fashion week and anyone who was anyone in the fashion world would be at their chosen event placing orders and networking. Claire was ready to buy into a few lines that she had seen the work of. Exciting lines and fabrics that women would be dieing to squeeze themselves into. Claire hoped that her clients would be as excited as she was.

Claire was in the process of moving from Balmorra with talks between the families going so well she felt it was the right time to move the headquarters. but she wouldn't concern herself with thoughts like that tonight, tonight was about glamor, glitz, and drinks. She smiled as she showed her ticket to get in she also had a seat in the first row when she started making her towards it through the gathering crowds she looked at her ticket and then where it was. Someone was already sitting, next to her. How exciting..maybe.

The Fashion World had its own class of Diva, Claire wondered was this woman [member="Waverly Dane"] one of them.

She walked over picked up her gift bag, there were so many things inside this bag it alone was worth what it took to get here, then she sat down. She looked over at Waverly, "hello, I'm Claire of Contessa, you are?"

Please don't that kind of diva

Waverly was indeed a diva, but first and foremost she liked to make a good impression on those she didn’t know. Even if she was a diva, she certainly didn’t want to earn that reputation, it wouldn’t be good for her image. Her attention shifted from her sour-faced guard to a blonde woman, she watched the newcomer had a seat right next to her. Of course, it was her way to size up the other woman, and she approved of her style. She also had to admit that the woman’s makeup was flawlessly executed. Waverly’s charming smile lit up when she was offered an introduction.

“It’s a pleasure, Claire.” She said with a nod. “I’m Waverly Dane.” Not that she expected Claire to know who she was, at least not yet. Though, she was familiar with Claire’s label, it did pay to be aware of your potential competitors. “I’ve heard great things about your lingerie line.” Waverly loved pretty things, and that was doubly so for pretty, lacey things.

Music began to play in the background, and colored lights illuminated the runway below. It wouldn’t be long now before the models were showcasing the latest independent fashions. For a moment Waverly’s dark eyes scanned their surroundings, the event hall was nearly full now, and the volume level was rising. It was difficult not to get swept up in the excitement. “Well, this should be quite a show!” She called over to Claire, happy to have found someone to share the event with. She was thankful for Kal’s company, but fun was not one of his strong suits.

[member="Claire Organa"]

[SIZE=12pt]“thanks our lingerie line is starting to take off, I’m excited” Claire listened to the young woman’s name.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Oh yeah she thought, “[member="Waverly Dane"]” Claire had scanned the listings for new businesses and at the top of the list had been Waverly, “You have a couture line don’t you?” she smiled and offered her hand, “Pleasure to meet you, welcome to what the designers will say is hell.” She looked up at the lights[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Yeah nothing like a front row seat. If you look across from us you’ll see all the fashion photographers, watch out for the guy at the back with the long lens. His pictures tend to end up in things like Galaxy Playgirl” She remembered when she and [member="Trevor Alde"] had been shopping on Nubia they had seen a copy.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]She of course turned red with embarrassment, he shows some mild interest. He was such a clown at times. She hoped he and his family were safe on Nubia.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“So you going to any o[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]f the parties?” She looked over and past Waverly to a man who looked very uncomfortable. “You can really network at them” She offered as incentive.[/SIZE]

Waverly smiled and shook Claire’s hand. “Well, I’m just starting out.” She clarified with a nod. It was nice to meet someone in the industry and receive such a warm welcome. Her gaze was directed across to the rows of fashion photographers, and she honed in on the man Claire pointed out. Waverly was no stranger to the lime light, and she quite liked being in the spotlight. She’d just finished wrapping up a reality show with Bright Star, though the show had not started airing yet. Publicity was publicity… but still, she wanted to avoid things that would sully her reputation.

She noticed that Claire’s eyes had shifted in Kal’s direction. “Oh, don’t worry! We’ll be at the after party tonight. I wouldn’t miss it.” Waverly chanced a look at Kal and noticed that his frown had grown deeper. “Don’t mind him… he likes fashion, but he’d never admit it. And he hates having fun.” Waverly said, having a good laugh at her guard’s expense. Anyway, he was getting paid to be there, so she didn’t think he should feel too bad about it.

“I’d love to hear more about your business!” Waverly said, looking back to Claire. Though, the music grew louder and the room went completely black for a moment. It wasn’t long before the first designer made his way onto the stage and introduced his collection. Now it was time for the good part! Waverly watched each design walk the runway with a critical eye, taking in as much as she could in the short space of time each garment was on display.

[member="Claire Organa"]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACy4rk_DGnU

[SIZE=12pt]Claire had started to say something but as soon as the lights went down her gaze went to the runway.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Outfit after outfit paraded down the runway if the models did not eat something for certain they’d gain a pound. The evening wear was beautiful the lines, the color the fit yes Claire would have to get in on that.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]She could feel Waverly next to her and hear her when she whispered, Claire leaned over, “stunning aren’t they?” She looked and remembered her first show not that she was such an old hand but after a few seasons the excitement of new wore off, and now the excitement of what would they show tonight, how far were they pushing those hemlines and necklines.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]When this Designer finished and came out with the muse at the end Claire was convinced of the validity of the line. The lights came up to half lit to allow drinks to be given out, had to keep the buyers happy.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“So what did you think?” She wanted to know what Waverly thought of the line. Fresh eyes, fresh ideas.[/SIZE]

[member="Waverly Dane"]

Waverly took in all of the different fabrics, textures, and silhouettes. These were the trends that would carry them into the next season. It was a stunning display, and she looked over to Claire when the lights came back on. “I loved it.” Waverly smiled. “I must say that evening wear is my favorite, so I might be a bit biased. I thought it was very elegant.” The dresses that walked the runway were all very much the sort of style that Waverly would wear herself.

With all of the hype, it made her feel excited to show her own collection in the future. It really made her want to go back to her studio and start to work on her line. Her gaze shifted to Kal for a moment, he was sitting with arms crossed, a look of boredom on his face. Waverly dismissed his sour attitude; he would only have to endure a few hours more. She watched as the crowed began to disperse, some in search of drinks, some looking to make an early arrival to the parties.

It had been Waverly’s plan to remain at the event hall for their cocktail reception. “Are you staying here for the designer reception?” She asked, turning back to Claire.

[member="Claire Organa"]

[SIZE=12pt]“I am staying here for a little while but there are several magazines throwing parties that I have invites for.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Claire could see that Waverley’s companion was not into this at all, his arms crossed showed him to be in a defensive mood. “Do you want to come with me to them after we have a few drinks here?”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Not that she was trying to make Kal more uncomfortable but this was fashion and you had to be seen and mingle, or ultimately known as network. Networking would make or break a business.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Come on they are letting people back stage right now we can talk to the models, and if we are lucky get to actually see if the fabrics are as comfortable as they make it look”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Claire knew there were tricks of the trade her customers couldn’t and wouldn’t like gimmicks, their clothes had to be top notch, and fit.[/SIZE]

[member="Waverly Dane"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom