Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let Me Remind You Who I Am

"Captain," the young male com officer aboard a medium size freighter, whose cargo was destined to the planet of Geonosis, said with nervousness in his voice.
"What is it, Sal," came the Captain's reply as he tugged on his beard, shaggy and well overdo of a trim.
"It's are communication system, sir. I keep picking up interference, you know the kind, sir, the kind that someone is trying to jam us."
The Captain sat up from his worn out chair, moving toward the young man when out nowhere the ship was rocked, throwing all standing crew to the cold, unforgiving floor. Scrambling to his feet, the Captain turned toward the nav officer, a small human female with a name he never could pronounce correctly. As his mouth opened to spit out his words, the ship was hit a second time, sending the bridge into a nightmarish concert of alarms and red flashing lights.
"Captain! We lost all power to the back half of our ship," the First Mate screamed, then added, "Our shields have been depleted. Captain, we are under att...."
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The black and red flecked eyes of the Sith Lady known as Darth Venefica watched with delight as the freighter was turned into a ball of flame by a squadron of fighters, killing all hands on deck. The time to return from exile had finally taken it's first steps, as her fleet, the War Fleet Wraith, composed of five Neurio-Class Assault Frigates and three Excalibur-Class Assault Cruisers followed by several transport vessels carrying troops and machines of destruction left over from the collapse of the Black Rose moved toward the desert planet of Geonosis; with more constructs on the assembly line.
The planet was meaningless to her, like most of the galaxy these days, but she had thrown herself with another Darkside faction, whose goal was to install fear and empower weakness upon the galaxy; and if all plans went accordingly; the destruction of the Jedi Orders and all their paper governments will at last bend a broken knee to the Sith. Of course, she knew no Jedi would willingly bow to the Darkside, so she would be kind and give them a choice; join them or die. It was a very simple proposal. But before she could burn the galaxy into nothingness, she needed to make an example.
"Notify all Captains to order their squadrons to target all satellites....I want all communications incoming and outgoing from Geonosis cut-off," she ordered without taking her eyes off the fizzling out remains of the starship. "We are on a time schedule!"
"Then execute Operation Strangulation!"
Operation Strangulation wasn't about taking the planet, or simply pillaging what resources the planet could offer up to the armada; as it was more about making an example out of the Geonosians. She was not here to conquer, but to claim several test subjects, dwindle their population drastically, and if time permitted, steal all the resources they could muster, and finally leave the planet to recover if possible. She had a formidable force at her disposal, but what they needed was a planet from which they could grow and fortify their strength; and sadly for the winged-aliens, their planet was just another bug to be squashed.
"Commence with the ground attack," she said when the last reports of all destroyed satellites filtered in. "And give the order for the orbital bombardment to cover our troops as they go forth and introduce themselves."

Excellent planning, and a well-timed attack caught the Geonosians completely off guard. The orbital attacks were directed at the less known cities and communities, to ensure they didn't attract unwanted attention. Even with the blockade in place, it took only one Republic or Galactic Alliance vessel to discover what was happening, report back, and an entire war fleet would emerge to defend the inhabitants of Geonosis. Darth Venefica knew her fleet and army would be sorely outnumbered, that was why the need for the hit-and-run tactics of Geonosis went off smoothly.
"My Lady," Captain Virter said as he approached the Sith Lady as she stared out the viewport.
"Captain?"
"We are receiving reports that all objectives have been achieved. The agreed upon resources are being loaded onto the transport vessels, and a third of the transports are en route back to the fleet."
"Very good, Captain. Any reports of Republic or Galactic Alliance vessels," she inquired.
"No, my Lady. It appears both sides are unaware of our campaign."
"Excellent. Begin recalling our ground forces at once....and when they and the last of the transports return....take the entire fleet to our rendezvous pointe minus the transports we need....keep them on stand-by. And notify our special ops team to commence with their assignment."
"All will be seen to."
Turning to the com officer, Darth Venefica said, "Lt. Harrow....notify the bay to have my ship ready."
"You still intend to go down and meet with the Geonosian?"
"I'ts not a matter of intention, Captain, but a matter of necessity. These Geonosians are loyal....but their loyalty has a price....and it has been well documented they would sell it to a higher bidder. Greed really becomes them."

The Necro-Witch walked around the temple, a structure that was teetering on a full bloom label of ruins. The temple had been abandoned since the great fight that took place against the Jedi and the collection of allies lead by Darth Tyranus in the nearby arena. Rumours and whispers were abound about this now defunct temple was haunted by ghosts of the dead. She didn't put faith into superstitious mumbo-jumbo. Ghosts, either Lightside or Darkside, or those of ordinary individuals were nothing more than cowards to frightened to let go of their perceived reality and discover what laid on the other side. But the locals believed in spooks, so for over a course of generations this temple sat alone without guests to entertain.
While she stalked around the temple, she took notice of the craftsmanship that went into the temple. There was a time she believed herself to be an architect, but that was nothing more than a foolish dream that floated in the mind of a foolish girl. Still, she continued to be fascinated by the beauty of such architectural designs. Whatever faults and shortcomings these winged aliens possessed, their ability to create such wonderful buildings, using materials most deemed unworthy, was quite outstanding. To give a testimonial approval to it, the inside of the temple was far cooler and tolerable than the hot and unforgiving heat outside.
Darth Venefica stopped inside a chamber, where several intricate designs and symbols were etched into the walls. Running a hand over one such symbol, she tried to understand what it meant. As far as she knew, these winged-aliens had no god or gods. They were mere heathens, sacrificial lambs to a holistic people like the Vahla.
Withdrawing her hand from the wall, yet keeping her eyes focused on the art, she said flatly, "You're late."

"Klickety charpy klock," came the response from behind her, spurring her to turn around and stare at the broken old bug. Times had indeed been harsh for this Geonosian.
"This attack was necessary, Udek," she said sharply.
"In case you are behind current events....my beloved Black Rose has collapsed....the One Sith Empire is in ruins....the Sith are scattered. And this attack, Udek, is nothing more than one Sith doing her part to ensure her survival. Besides, Udek, I'm not here to conqueror your planet....just acquiring some resources."
"Klarpy Clickety bopty crolp?"
"Yes, our deal is still in place."
With the assistance of a cane, the one winged-alien moved closer to the Sith Lady, taking slow cautious steps. Darth Venefica found amusement in this. This alien was right to fear her, or even act cautious around her. But they had an agreement, and until Udek completed his side of the deal, he was still useful.
"Blockity Klockity klock?"
"Your painful thorn in your side, this Geonosis Senator, still lives.....for now."
"Flockity flockity flock!"
"Calm yourself.....I've already put plans into motion. He will be dead by day's end. I'm more concerned about your side of the bargain. It must take an immeasurable amount of hatred for this Senator for you to betray five hundred of your kinsmen for one death. Assure me you haven't second guessed our bargain?"
"Drockity drock."
"Now my cold heart has been warmed. When the Senator is dead, I'll contact you the location to bring me my test subjects."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom