Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lessons on Fondor

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Fondor
Omega Pyre Space

Karen Roberts was transitioning. That was probably the best way to put it. She'd left her traveling home this morning with the intent of going shopping for supplies. There was a garage nearer the Corset Towers District that she' been to try for awhile now. They sold repulsar bikes. The fast, wild kind.

It was an exotic glass-architexture building almost three stories in height. It screamed, I have more money than sense. Which? Was perfect. The bikers around here met that criteria wonderfully. Even now the showroom floor was full of these middle aged pre-Madonnas. Dressed to the nine hells and glazed in their chrome and bronze outfits. They made Karen's titanium battle armor look cheap.

She browsed the massive showroom like the pleasurable distraction it was.

___

[member="Vassara Raxis"]

[member="Karen Roberts"]

Vassara never made a habit of visiting highly regulated planets that were the seat of power. But alas a job offer had drawn her here. A smuggling expedition of sorts. Local bikers were looking for weapons, to distribute to an underground cartel

Vassara being one with credit signs for eyeballs had hopped on it and now her and her companion Silas stood among the shiny armored bikers, with smirks on their faces. Vassara was clad in black trousers and spacer coat with a red trim. Her shotgun was at her back in a leather holster and a knife and pistol at her side.

Silas also carried his own shotgun but was dirtier, clad in an orange trenchcoat. Needless to say the two spacers stood out like a clown at a brothel.

"Any leads on who's the contact?" Silas asked.

"Nope, still blank, said they'd be here though."

An hour of walking the floor and posing veiled questions so far had netted the pair no fruits...

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Roberts noticed Vassara and Silas meandering about the showroom floor. Mercenaries on a homeworld of mercenaries. It fit. ...Sort of. The spacer in the red trim had the talent. It was weak, but there. Karen figured the Omega Shadowguard would appreciate that in a mercenary. They were always looking for new grunts to put through the ringer. Go figure. Fondor attracted all types.

She left the mercenaries to their work. She had just spotted an SV 6800 against the back wall. Oh baby, oh baby. Now that was a repulsar bike. All it cost was an arm and a leg. Maybe your other leg too. Bah. They never discounted these things anyway.

Karen kneeled down to inspect the sticker. Could take some time with this one.

[member="Vassara Raxis"]​

[member="Karen Roberts"]

There was something here. Vassara felt a prickle on her neck, but it wasn't danger it was something else. somebody else had touched her through the force, gleaning who she was. Her eyes narrowed, wandering around the room. Unconsciously her senses were reaching out, trying to find the person.

Consciously she was only scanning the room, looking for those that fit the profile. There was a woman.

And then it hit her. When her eyes locked on her stomach did a little flip and against her will she put one foot in front of the other until she came upon her. Half surprised and half confident she reached out a hand, black gloved finger spread wide.

"Hey there, names Vassara. Have a minute to chat?"

What was it with her? Did she have a lead? No it must have been something else. Her instincts screamed at her to approach the woman and so she had....

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Karen stood with a smile and shook her hand,

"Sure. Always got a minute for a fellow bike lover. I'm Karen. What can I do for you."

[member="Karen Roberts"]

A smirk cracked Vassara face now. Bike lover? what did this woman know of bikes. And then she realized she was getting distracted. Her head wrapped around her next words, silver tongue trying to spew them carefully.

"I like bikes, not these though. I raced on Tatooine for a while, dust would chew the engines right out of these babies. Thousand credit hunks of junk."

Vassar shifted her hands to her hips now, relaxing a bit.

"You sensed me earlier I think. Regardless I came here looking for a job, but I stumbled on you. Are you well.... a jedi?"

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Karen smirked. This Vassara had a sense of humor.

"Who isn't a Jedi these days? I seem to run into them with every turn. Hehe."

She waved away the comment,

"I am a Jedi, yes. Though a bit undercover at the moment. So let's just keep that between you and me."

Roberts couldn't help but wonder why anybody would be looking for a Jedi on Fondor though.

[member="Karen Roberts"]

Vassaras head filled with more questions than she could handle now. She was undercover? Why? It might have had something to do with the recent bounty the Sith had put out on them, or the fact that Jedi were usually attacked by less than savoury folks at every turn. Still she needed to know more.

Vassaras one goal in life that could override anything was the destruction of the Sith. They were a scourge that neede to be cleansed.

"Can you help me?" Vassara asked, her voice lower this time.

"I can feel what I can only perceive to be what you folks call the force, but I can't utilize it to any effect. I think it drew me to you in fact."

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Roberts was a soldier at heart. Slow to be believing. Always aware of traps being laid against her by her fellow men. However, the Force impressed upon her mind that Vassara was telling the truth. So Karen decided it wouldn't hurt to try and help a fellow mercenary.

"I may be able to help you. But that fact remains solely with you. I cannot change your destiny. Only you can do that."

She took a pondering tone and continued,

"Why don't you start by telling me everything you know about The Force and by extension, the Jedi? ...If I know where you are at right now, then I may be able to help you see the road ahead."

Karen's investment here was minimal but Vassara had peaked her interest. Perhaps she'd give the warrior woman some easy advice and send her on her way. Very few people with shotguns on their back have what it takes to be a lifelong Jedi Knight in the Old Tradition. But... You never know?

[member="Karen Roberts"]

Vassara raised her eybrows, thinking hard. She could tell by the way the woman stood that she was not all thatthrilled to help. Somehow she had to change her mind, to convince her she was....what worthy?

Not really sure what to make of her Vassara lowered her eyebrows, cracking the knuckles of both hands and drawing a deep breath before speaking.

"Honestly, nothing more than what I've heard. The Jedi are an ancient order of force practitioners, descended from the originals the Jedaii. Supposedly they stand against the Sith and use the force to do it."

This is where the conversation will get interesting, she thought to herself.

"I wont deny I was born with a gift to sense things. As time goes on I can only surmise I've been granted by birth the skill to access the force, but I have no formal training or any idea where to start. My top priority in life happens to be the destruction of the Sith empire and what they stand for. They destroyed my home, I owe it to my fallen brethren to develop my talents and stand against them."

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Karen smiled. The Force was always mindful.

"I see. Hmm."

She looked back to the repulsar bike and paused for a moment. Thinking about where she wanted to take this.

"Let's change gears for a moment. What do you do for work Vassara? ...Why don't you tell me a little bit about yourself before we continue. But, fear not. I will return to your other question in time. Humor me, if you would? Tell me why a woman with such an adventurous spirit would dare to be interested in brown robes and dusty old wizards."

Everybody wants something. Power, money, love, revenge. Motivators and emotional sparks. Very few people had what Karen would call 'a heart of gold' these days. Heck, sometimes she wondered if she still had her's lying around somewhere. Yet, it was very important that Karen understand a little bit more about this new stranger Vassara. Roberts would not empower a new student without good reason to do so. Especially not solely for bloodshed's sake.

Was all Vassara wanted really just revenge against the Sith? Or was there more to his armored woman than meets the eye?

[member="Karen Roberts"]

Vassara nodded.

"For work? Well Silas and myself here-" She pointed to the large orange clad man.

"We run odd jobs amongst the galaxy. We smuggle arms to those oppresed and help with some of the Undergrounds activities as well. Lately we find ourselves protecting thos less fortunate than us. Most of the time we keep to ourselves."

She wondered if this would be enough and guessed not so she continued.

"Don't get me wrong I fully intend to have my revenge against the Sith for their crimes, but I also seek to protect the righteous and the free against the tyranny of the galaxy. Whatever that may cost me."

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Gung ho, idealistic, pro-smuggler, and familiar with a scattergun. Yep. Vassara Raxis was either the perfect Jedi recruit or the worst she'd ever seen. It made Karen smile.

"Okay okay. Enough with the righteousness. You're making me smirk too much. ...Look. You've got the talent to become a great Jedi. The Force has already chosen you for big things. I can see that already. And you've already said you're willing to sacrifice a great deal to make the galaxy a better place too, and that's good. But whoa girl. You are far from perfect. So let's take this one step at a time, okay."

Patience was a virtue. It was time for lesson one.

"I'm going to give you a Datacron about the Jedi Order of the Republic. Inside you'll find an archive of information about anything and everything related to the Jedi Order. It is rather extensive and a great place for a budding student to start their journey into the Force. ...Think of it as your very first Library Card. Hehe. Try to learn as much as you can, okay."

Karen ran a hand through her hair. It had been awhile since she'd needed to do this.

"We'll start with the Jedi Code as your first assignment. Read up on it. Meditate about it. And then call me via Holocomm and we'll talk. ...If you have any more questions then, that's fine too. But let's start small and work our way up. One thing at a time."

She reached into her belt and retrieved a small gray pyramid object, about the size of her palm. A Datacron of the Republic.

"Here. This Datacron has over 1 Billion entries on the Jedi and their culture. Most of the information from before the Gulag Plague is there, but sparse and probably full of plot-holes. It's not a perfect record of the Jedi Histories. But it's my favorite. ...Keep this close to you and destroy it if your enemies come near. It is set only to take requests and give information to Light-Siders anyway."

Karen tossed it over.

"Read up and call me in a few days. Here's my number. ...Remember. Your first assignment is about the Jedi Code. Don't forget."

She turned and took a single step towards the door before stopping,

"Oh. And should you decide that becoming a Jedi isn't for you? Just throw that old Datacron away or give it to someone you think has potential. If you'd do that for me, I'd appreciate it. Hehe."

___

*ooc: that datacron will act as a mini-wookieepedia for your character until you can access the Jedi Archives located at one of the Enclaves. enjoy.*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom